MidWestScrub

[Blog] X-Wing and Social Distancing.

I’m trying to figure out TTS myself. It seems to have enough of a learning curve to be challenging. I would love some kind of virtual TTS noob clinics to help get morons like me over the hump.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CoffeeMinion said:

I’m trying to figure out TTS myself. It seems to have enough of a learning curve to be challenging. I would love some kind of virtual TTS noob clinics to help get morons like me over the hump.

I'm still finding stuff out about it myself, but I can make it through games pretty well. If you want me to help you run through a game, just let me know. 

Edited by MidWestScrub

20 minutes ago, CoffeeMinion said:

I’ve been streaming by bumbling TTS X-Wing on twitch. Kind of highlighting that even an idiot like me can get a game in with reasonable success. Plan to play some more tonight.

Hey! 

I love this article, so nice job on that, but I am unable to find a place to download the TTS. I have done some looking around online, but all of the available ones are from 1.0. @MidWestScrub, what is the place where you downloaded the one referenced in your article. (as an aside, are the matches randomly paired or is there some degree where you can pick your opponent, say a friend that you wanted to play against?)

Thank you in advance!

17 minutes ago, Redleader128 said:

Hey! 

I love this article, so nice job on that, but I am unable to find a place to download the TTS. I have done some looking around online, but all of the available ones are from 1.0. @MidWestScrub, what is the place where you downloaded the one referenced in your article. (as an aside, are the matches randomly paired or is there some degree where you can pick your opponent, say a friend that you wanted to play against?)

Thank you in advance!

TTS is Table Top Simulator, available on Steam. It's commercial software, but there are fan based mods for various games that are available to play. 

46 minutes ago, Redleader128 said:

Hey! 

Thank you in advance!

As @LagJanson said, it's available through steam. I'm actually not super good with computers, so I don't know how best to walk you through it, but I do know that there are lots of instructional videos on YouTube that can help. That's how I figured out how to do it. 

And yes, you have control over who you play against. You can set it up as a hot seat game to play with a friend on the same computer, or create a server with a password so only your friends can get in. 

There is also a TTS X-wing discord channel that you can find matches through. 

3 minutes ago, MidWestScrub said:

There is also a TTS X-wing discord channel that you can find matches through. 

Does anyone have the links to the Vassal Discord and the TTS Discord? We'd love to put them into the article.

1 hour ago, 5050Saint said:

Does anyone have the links to the Vassal Discord and the TTS Discord? We'd love to put them into the article.

Not sure if Vassal even have a centralized discord. 😄 Most people find their games through the in-game browser in Vassal.