Ogrebear

Playing SW Online during Outbreak

On 3/26/2020 at 7:01 PM, BrickSteelhead said:

Oh but of course.¬† ūüôā

Thanks for the information.  We used it last night with Zoom for our first session. It worked well. We're going to try this for a few more session before figuring out if we want to upgrade to Roll20. 

2 hours ago, tank0625 said:

Can you give a link to XPgamers. I looked but not sure what videos I should watch. Thank you

For sure!

And

Both packed full of great info on how to run the game, edit and make maps, etc.

Its been a long time but we used to play using google hangouts with Roll20 connected. For dice we used a Google hangouts app that worked great.  Never had much luck with Tabletop Simulator, but I'll definitely check out these vids.

My groups and I have been using Discord for almost a year now. I am very happy with the setup it provides and the voice chat works just fine. There is no mapping system like Roll20, but I feel that the FFG Star Wars system doesn't need maps to be successful. You can set up dice rolling systems for Star Wars that use the unique dice with little trouble. In our Discord server we use separate channels to display a page for character sheet pdfs, session summaries, and in-game information where I can post relevant pictures.  

On 3/26/2020 at 8:53 PM, QuincyPostman said:

the rpg sessions bot can keep track of characters initiative, dice rolls, ships, etc

Discord has video conferencing as well, might have to pay for it though.