Sign in to follow this  
Cloaker

Confirmed casting surprise Mandalorian season 2

3 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

Well with the fan base so split, good news is there's two groups! So you only have to give up on one!😁 

Then again, the prequels split off another faction, and the cartoons all split off one, so maybe there's actually many different fan groups now🤔

Great news everyone! Everyone can be their own fan of something! Yay!🤣

You underestimate how many like it all I think.

4 hours ago, KCDodger said:

You underestimate how many like it all I think.

I don't have to estimate. There's reviews all over the internet. E8 had a low 40s fan score on Rotten Tomatoes. Decidedly consensus was it sucked. Then E9 gets less than half as many reviews at all as 8 had. Ironically, about a low 40s percent of the same reviewer pool. 

On a good day, I wager it's about a fifty fifty split over just the NT.

4 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

I don't have to estimate. There's reviews all over the internet. E8 had a low 40s fan score on Rotten Tomatoes. Decidedly consensus was it sucked. Then E9 gets less than half as many reviews at all as 8 had. Ironically, about a low 40s percent of the same reviewer pool. 

On a good day, I wager it's about a fifty fifty split over just the NT.

Thing is most people don't really bother with half of this stuff online.

13 hours ago, KCDodger said:

y-

you're-

i officially give up on star wars fans

Why didn't I pay to see Episode 9? 

I did not like "The Force Awakens." The movie is flat out bad setting aside it being disappointing Star Wars. JJ does not direct movies I seem to enjoy on any level. 

"Rogue One" was okay. It was really flat till the battle started at the end and it became pretty clear early in that how the thing was going to go. Vader's appearance at the film's epilogue or perhaps spliced onto Ep. 4 as prologue before the opening scroll covered up all the "meh" before. 

I downright hated "The Last Jedi." I have never been so angry in a film as I was in that one. I have never felt as insulted by a film as by that one and then I was insulted for not liking it in a blatantly sexist and racist manner. 

"Solo" comes along between a bunch of other movies I was excited to see after a two films I did not like and one I felt I was being generous with in calling it "okay" for more or less that last twenty minutes which as an engineer I had a big problem with the way the entire setup for that "read" while watching the film. I also don't much need to know the story they're telling and the telling has created a troubled production with a change in directors. At best a change in directors gives an uneven but okay film. So didn't go see it. Watched it on a streaming service a bit later and it was really "meh." 

"Rise of Palpatine Skywalker" brings JJ back. I don't like JJ movies. All the movies so far have had too much shaky-cam for my taste and JJ's movies are always very difficult to watch in that regard and he makes it worse with the editing. And they're really 0-2-2 and behind on goal differential despite managing the draws. I already didn't want to see the movie. Then I heard what was in it. No way in heck will I be putting myself through that. 

When the last episodes of Clone Wars are all out I'll do a free trial of Disney+ and watch them. If they get released to blu-ray I'll add them to my collection. I'll give Mandalorian a try. Someone showed me the opening of that and there was so much shaky-cam, the stupid annoying sort not just the cover-over-our-lazy-fight-choreography sort, I'm not really enthusiastic about it.

I'm going to keep up with my OT and any new prequel era Marvel comics and hope they don't try to fix the mess of 9. I'll get the third new Zahn Thrawn book when it hits paperback to see how that turns out. 

I might give this High Republic stuff a look but it feels a bit wishy-washy. I can not shake the feeling it will be used to prop up the mess made in the sequels. It in no way indicates they won't try to double-down on all the awful from the sequel trilogy in the future or won't use this stuff to prop up the awful in the sequels. 

But except for Mandalorian I am unlikely to engage with any post-Return of The Jedi content. I read the Poe comics and while they were okay the stories just got so twisted up any time they had to be contextualized with the lazy threadbare down-with-the-prequels setup from Force Awakens. 

So if you want to act like I'm the problem here you go right ahead and do that. I assuredly deserve it for having forty years of loyalty rewarded by the bad movies and bad Star Wars they presented in the sequels and still being around to be continually insulted for not having enjoyed it. 

4 hours ago, Frimmel said:

Why didn't I pay to see Episode 9? 

I did not like "The Force Awakens." The movie is flat out bad setting aside it being disappointing Star Wars. JJ does not direct movies I seem to enjoy on any level. 

"Rogue One" was okay. It was really flat till the battle started at the end and it became pretty clear early in that how the thing was going to go. Vader's appearance at the film's epilogue or perhaps spliced onto Ep. 4 as prologue before the opening scroll covered up all the "meh" before. 

I downright hated "The Last Jedi." I have never been so angry in a film as I was in that one. I have never felt as insulted by a film as by that one and then I was insulted for not liking it in a blatantly sexist and racist manner. 

"Solo" comes along between a bunch of other movies I was excited to see after a two films I did not like and one I felt I was being generous with in calling it "okay" for more or less that last twenty minutes which as an engineer I had a big problem with the way the entire setup for that "read" while watching the film. I also don't much need to know the story they're telling and the telling has created a troubled production with a change in directors. At best a change in directors gives an uneven but okay film. So didn't go see it. Watched it on a streaming service a bit later and it was really "meh." 

"Rise of Palpatine Skywalker" brings JJ back. I don't like JJ movies. All the movies so far have had too much shaky-cam for my taste and JJ's movies are always very difficult to watch in that regard and he makes it worse with the editing. And they're really 0-2-2 and behind on goal differential despite managing the draws. I already didn't want to see the movie. Then I heard what was in it. No way in heck will I be putting myself through that. 

When the last episodes of Clone Wars are all out I'll do a free trial of Disney+ and watch them. If they get released to blu-ray I'll add them to my collection. I'll give Mandalorian a try. Someone showed me the opening of that and there was so much shaky-cam, the stupid annoying sort not just the cover-over-our-lazy-fight-choreography sort, I'm not really enthusiastic about it.

I'm going to keep up with my OT and any new prequel era Marvel comics and hope they don't try to fix the mess of 9. I'll get the third new Zahn Thrawn book when it hits paperback to see how that turns out. 

I might give this High Republic stuff a look but it feels a bit wishy-washy. I can not shake the feeling it will be used to prop up the mess made in the sequels. It in no way indicates they won't try to double-down on all the awful from the sequel trilogy in the future or won't use this stuff to prop up the awful in the sequels. 

But except for Mandalorian I am unlikely to engage with any post-Return of The Jedi content. I read the Poe comics and while they were okay the stories just got so twisted up any time they had to be contextualized with the lazy threadbare down-with-the-prequels setup from Force Awakens. 

So if you want to act like I'm the problem here you go right ahead and do that. I assuredly deserve it for having forty years of loyalty rewarded by the bad movies and bad Star Wars they presented in the sequels and still being around to be continually insulted for not having enjoyed it.

I don't care and I didn't ask you.

8 hours ago, KCDodger said:

Thing is most people don't really bother with half of this stuff online.

With respect, could you elaborate please? I'm trying to follow but I got lost, which stuff? Just asking for context is all. We got a lot of loose ends as we're are want to do and all lol. There's a lot of 'stuff' floating around. 😅

4 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

With respect, could you elaborate please? I'm trying to follow but I got lost, which stuff? Just asking for context is all. We got a lot of loose ends as we're are want to do and all lol. There's a lot of 'stuff' floating around. 😅

Something that people seem to forget is that while the Internet and its culture absolutely has an impact on things outside of it- this simply cannot be denied, also true is the fact that, at the end of the day...

If you ask enough Star Wars fans that aren't as hardcore as you, you're going to find out there's not only a lot of stuff they don't know, but a lot of things they never see. You wouldn't believe how many I've spoken to that still think George Lucas directs the new films, that don't even know what The Clone Wars or Rebels are, and especially don't read reviews and such online about it.

These are the people surveys don't cover, because they aren't aware of the surveys even existing. But they are aware of new ads on TV about a new Star Wars film, and for still many people that's their film news source. No, really. While the newer generations are increasingly online and this portion is definitely to dwindle over time, that is ignorant of online goings, it's foolhardy to believe that the internet community/fanbase of Star Wars is representative of it as a whole.

It just isn't. It's not a microcosm by any means but it sure as **** doesn't make up the whole, that's for sure. What's more is that you've got a lot of people easily swayed by opinions on things based on preconceived notions and heresay from these online, vocal communities. Members of which haven't even seen half the new content but have plenty to say about it.