Sign in to follow this  
Cloaker

Confirmed casting surprise Mandalorian season 2

20 minutes ago, Subhntr said:

One of the things that made The Mandalorian great, at least to me, was that it didn't have cameos or appearances by existing characters.

It existed in Star Wars, but was its own story with new faces who weren't directly connected to the main saga we all know and love.

So much for that.

Agree 100%.

And yet.

My wife is going to loooooooovvvvveeee live action Ahsoka.

39 minutes ago, Subhntr said:

One of the things that made The Mandalorian great, at least to me, was that it didn't have cameos or appearances by existing characters.

It existed in Star Wars, but was its own story with new faces who weren't directly connected to the main saga we all know and love.

So much for that.

Did you really think Ahsoka wouldn’t appear in a tv show with Filoni in charge?

19 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

Did you really think Ahsoka wouldn’t appear in a tv show with Filoni in charge?

As long as he doesn’t direct any more of the episodes, I think he’s doing a good job with Mandalorian.

I think we could use an existing character to relate the series back to old events a little. I just hope they don’t start making the mistakes that Lucas made in the prequels, where it turned out that Anakin built the droids who would come to be owned by his daughter, then his son, and his son’s Jedi master had also had a hand in his own training, and would later fight in the Clone Wars alongside his son’s future-best-friend’s-co-pilot, and meanwhile that best friend would date Anakin’s daughter, and be hunted by the son of... ugh, way to take “a galaxy of a thousand-thousand worlds” and make it feel like a neighborhood block party that just lasted 40 years. 

Anyway, having Ahsoka pop up could be cool, I just hope they don’t overdo it with old-school cameos.

6 hours ago, Subhntr said:

So much for that.

But Ahsoka is not connected to the main saga.  She is a great pick of any of the cartoon characters being that she is not tied to any organizations.  Even someone like Hondo could be risky due to his child-level humor.  

4 hours ago, Subhntr said:

Um, what?  She was Anakin's apprentice in the only thing that Disney kept as part of their canon.

That's pretty connected in my book.

I interpreted main saga as on the large screen characters.  What most of the average person would get. 

As for fans like you and me, I agree.  She is pretty connected.  

Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2020 at 3:58 AM, Ccwebb said:

I interpreted main saga as on the large screen characters.  What most of the average person would get. 

As for fans like you and me, I agree.  She is pretty connected.  

Well, technically, her voice is in Rise of Identity theft. I mean, Raze of Skywalker legacy, I mean, ... gah sorry let me try that again

Hey voice is in Episode non, blast I mean, NEIN! Gah, whatever

Her voice is in the thank-gawd-its-the-last one. 

Close enough.

Ashoka is in there. The only black mark on an otherwise amazing character. I kinda feel bad for the team that made her to have to have the voice get used just for a 'member-berry. Shame.

Edited by ForceSensitive

On 3/22/2020 at 4:18 AM, ForceSensitive said:

Well, technically, her voice is in Rise of Identity theft. I mean, Raze of Skywalker legacy, I mean, ... gah sorry let me try that again

Close enough.

Ashoka is in there. The only black mark on an otherwise amazing character. I kinda feel bad for the team that made her to have to have the voice get used just for a 'member-berry. Shame.

Look I don't disagree but that was a LOT of different ways to say "I didn't like Rise of Skywalker" like, **** dude.

Haven't seen Mandalorian yet but I'm very much on the fence about this.

Firstly, I don't really see Dawson as Ahsoka. I'm not having a she'll-be-great-moment with this news. Her physicality is all wrong to me. She's too tall and lanky. She is however an actress I typically enjoy watching. 

Largely though the issue is how much they'll have to twist all of this in knots to retcon clarify-con and otherwise justify or setup the mess of the sequels. I'm a bit nervous about the new volumes of the Marvel Star Wars comics which I have been enjoying in regard to needing/wanting to do things to make sense of the sequels. Sequel trilogy has really dampened my enthusiasm for anything "new" other than the last episodes of Clone Wars. 

Then of course while the creator of the character is involved there is a tendency for live-action to think they are above the source material when it is comics or animated. Given a few of the responses in this thread they'll probably be feeling pressure in that regard which can foul it up. 

I'll wait and see I guess. 

28 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

Look I don't disagree but that was a LOT of different ways to say "I didn't like Rise of Skywalker" like, **** dude.

Lol. Oh c'mon, It's a fairly common joke format 😂 I've always enjoyed it's structure as entertaining as the content that's used inside it when applied ... Too bad I can't say the same for anything past the first 30 minutes of episode 7🤣😂🤭

9 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

Lol. Oh c'mon, It's a fairly common joke format 😂 I've always enjoyed it's structure as entertaining as the content that's used inside it when applied ... Too bad I can't say the same for anything past the first 30 minutes of episode 7🤣😂🤭

Idk those first 30 minutes were genuinely hard to sit through. Like in my first and so far only viewing I was thinking, "Holy **** is this pace gonna' keep up the whole movie? That's really worrying."

Movie actually started feeling genuinely good at Pasanna.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:14 AM, Ccwebb said:

But Ahsoka is not connected to the main saga.  She is a great pick of any of the cartoon characters being that she is not tied to any organizations.  Even someone like Hondo could be risky due to his child-level humor.  

I think Hondo would make a great addition/cameo, comic relief or we could see a darker side they couldn't show in the cartoons.

2 hours ago, KCDodger said:

Idk those first 30 minutes were genuinely hard to sit through. Like in my first and so far only viewing I was thinking, "Holy **** is this pace gonna' keep up the whole movie? That's really worrying."

Movie actually started feeling genuinely good at Pasanna.

I was talking about 7 lol. First thirty of it were solid then the whole trilogy went South for me. Parts were cool as I've said before, but the whole was... Not.

I actually haven't seen 9. I genuinely had no interest. Plus, Mark Hamill said watch it on cable so that's what I'm planning on 😂 9 will be the only episode I've not seen in theatre, now that I think about it.

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2020 at 8:18 AM, ForceSensitive said:

I thank Ep. IX for giving us entertaining posts like this. And memes. At least something good came out of that.

Edited by Odanan

1 hour ago, KCDodger said:

y-

you're-

i officially give up on star wars fans

Well with the fan base so split, good news is there's two groups! So you only have to give up on one!😁 

Then again, the prequels split off another faction, and the cartoons all split off one, so maybe there's actually many different fan groups now🤔

Great news everyone! Everyone can be their own fan of something! Yay!🤣