Sign in to follow this  
Duciris

COVID-19: Worse than Ancient Evils?

1 hour ago, Mimi61 said:

Wow. That is impressive. How are you liking Dream Eaters so far? The Middle Earth mat fits right in to some of it!! 

Enjoying it. Better than Circle Undone, i think. So far ive only done the dream world campaign, going to move on to the waking world tomorrow. Ill probably replay as an eight part campaign after.

3 hours ago, Duciris said:

Day 1 of working from home.

Just finished day 14... haven't had a face-to-face conversation outside of brief exchanges with delivery drivers and shopkeepers in over a week... that book of Lovercraftian lore on the shelf is starting to look interesting...

1 hour ago, dysartes said:

Just finished day 14... haven't had a face-to-face conversation outside of brief exchanges with delivery drivers and shopkeepers in over a week... that book of Lovercraftian lore on the shelf is starting to look interesting...

Well how strongly is pulling at you?  Does have a distinct voice it's luring you with yet?

I'm in the SF Bay Area.  We started a little earlier than many, and my company earlier than the official city, so I'm coming up on 3 weeks.

My regular Arkham groups have started using Tabletop Simulator - the Arkham Complete Edition module is fantastic.  TTS has higher requirements than OCTGN but the developer is VERY active and supporting it with ongoing work (unlike OCTGN, that I don't think has been updated since like late TFA).

1 hour ago, Buhallin said:

I'm in the SF Bay Area.  We started a little earlier than many, and my company earlier than the official city, so I'm coming up on 3 weeks.

My regular Arkham groups have started using Tabletop Simulator - the Arkham Complete Edition module is fantastic.  TTS has higher requirements than OCTGN but the developer is VERY active and supporting it with ongoing work (unlike OCTGN, that I don't think has been updated since like late TFA).

The developer seems like a fantastic guy. He got my scenario added in less than a week after I had finally managed to figure out how to create all the components. And he even scripted it to lay out properly.

And that was just my issue. He seems to actively respond to most everyone and update. 

Edited by Soakman

18 minutes ago, Soakman said:

The developer seems like a fantastic guy. He got my scenario added in less than a week after I had finally managed to figure out how to create all the components. And he even scripted it to lay out properly.

And that was just my issue. He seems to actively respond to most everyone and update. 

Yep, and is very open to help.  I've contributed a few code changes to fix bugs and add new features.  He's very active and very passionate about the project.

12 hours ago, Duciris said:

Day 1 of working from home.

Starting week 3 of teaching my high school classes from home. Once a week Zoom/Class and other assignments. I miss them though. Never a dull moment. I have the best kids in my classes!
I have also re-sleeved all of our cards, reorganized all the Player cards into bigger boxes, and starting to have to divide the classes by traits and not just Class and XP, since there are so many now. Not sure what the next project is going to be... 

17 hours ago, Duciris said:

Well how strongly is pulling at you?  Does have a distinct voice it's luring you with yet?

It whispers to me, at present, and the light glints off the silver edging of its pages...

But the whispers, they are getting louder, and I fear I soon may begin to make out words from the sibilant sounds...

This is about three weeks for me for working at home with the kids.  I'm bracing for at least another month.  On the plus side when I close my eyes I dream about a timeless city in the valley of Ooth-Nargai beside the Cerenerian Sea.  Before I could forget my journey I wrote down that tonight I wanted to take a galley out to the cloud kingdom Serannian.  Here's hoping the voyage goes well.

I'm still somehow working as usual despite the environment because my business is classified as vital. Most people are just working remotely. I am absolutely not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I would not mind a work hiatus to push my own Arkham Horror fan campaign along. I'm really struggling with finding good public domain/free use artwork and I have a feeling the further I get in the campaign, the more that will be apparent. Work/Horror balance is a struggle.

Beginning tomorrow, though we're getting 2 hours clipped off our work schedule... too bad we aren't actually getting any less work.

Edited by Soakman

6 hours ago, Soakman said:

I'm still somehow working as usual despite the environment because my business is classified as vital. Most people are just working remotely. I am absolutely not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I would not mind a work hiatus to push my own Arkham Horror fan campaign along. I'm really struggling with finding good public domain/free use artwork and I have a feeling the further I get in the campaign, the more that will be apparent. Work/Horror balance is a struggle.

Beginning tomorrow, though we're getting 2 hours clipped off our work schedule... too bad we aren't actually getting any less work.

Not that I have many more places to look than you, but another set of eyes are sometimes helpful. Let me know what kind of art you are looking for and I will keep my eyes peeled!👀

I can confidently state that COVID19 is worse than Ancient Evils. This is my first day out of bed since the hospital sent me home last Monday. It took huge effort just to come down the stairs today. The effort left me breathless and my heart was pounding for several minutes. I feel exhausted and breathless. Gasping for air is not fun. Your muscles are on fire. Your chest feels crushed.

I was close to being admitted to ITU on a ventilator last Monday, but x-rays showed I still had one working lung and once my vitals were stabilised I was good to go home. Paramedics wanted to take me back to hospital mid-week when wifey called them Wednesday, as I struggled for air and was apparently confused about where I was and what my own name was. I was more lucid an hour later and refused to go back to hospital as if they were to send me home again I knew I'd be too weak to get myself back.

Guys. Seriously now. If you think for instance milk or bread are essentials and you need to go to a shop to get more - think again. Drink water from the tap and eat whatever you find in the back of an old cupboard instead. Just don't go out.

Boys and girls. I'm not joking. Stay safe. Stay the f*ck at home.

19 minutes ago, Janaka said:

I can confidently state that COVID19 is worse than Ancient Evils. This is my first day out of bed since the hospital sent me home last Monday. It took huge effort just to come down the stairs today. The effort left me breathless and my heart was pounding for several minutes. I feel exhausted and breathless. Gasping for air is not fun. Your muscles are on fire. Your chest feels crushed.

I was close to being admitted to ITU on a ventilator last Monday, but x-rays showed I still had one working lung and once my vitals were stabilised I was good to go home. Paramedics wanted to take me back to hospital mid-week when wifey called them Wednesday, as I struggled for air and was apparently confused about where I was and what my own name was. I was more lucid an hour later and refused to go back to hospital as if they were to send me home again I knew I'd be too weak to get myself back.

Guys. Seriously now. If you think for instance milk or bread are essentials and you need to go to a shop to get more - think again. Drink water from the tap and eat whatever you find in the back of an old cupboard instead. Just don't go out.

hope you feel better soon.

I live in an apartment building and just watched one of my neighbours buzz in his coughing,  sneezing friends. What is wrong with people!!! Stay at home, unless absolutely necessary!

On 4/1/2020 at 12:05 AM, Mimi61 said:

Not that I have many more places to look than you, but another set of eyes are sometimes helpful. Let me know what kind of art you are looking for and I will keep my eyes peeled!👀

Mostly archives of public domain images or creative commons images, but anything 20s period or horror themed is excellent. I'm also looking for a high res image of Corinna Jones (one of Arkham's longstanding local arcanists). The less attribution requested by the artist, the better basically. 

Edited by Soakman

2 hours ago, Soakman said:

Mostly archives of public domain images or creative commons images, but anything 20s period or horror themed is excellent. I'm also looking for a high res image of Corinna Jones (one of Arkham's longstanding local arcanists). The less attribution requested by the artist, the better basically. 

Got it. I’m on the hunt! Is there anything specific you need? Thunder mugs...? 

Edited by Mimi61

4 hours ago, Janaka said:

Man, sorry to hear what you had to go through. Get better soon. Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, CaffeineAddict said:

n confidently state that COVID19 is worse than Ancient Evils. This is my first day out of bed since the hospital sent me home last Monday. It took huge effort just to come down the stairs today. The effort left me breathless and my heart was pounding for several minutes. I feel exhausted and breathless. Gasping for air is not fun. Your muscles are on fire. Your chest feels crushed.

I’m so desperately sorry.  I know how painful pneumonia is. I don’t know if Covid pneumonia is the same, but I had viral pneumonia when I was 14.  I also had weird almost hallucinatory disorientation. It felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest and that went on for weeks. It was exhausting, and so painful to take even one breath. I was resuscitated twice while in the hospital. 
Afterwards, my doctor said I probably caught it from someone who had the virus, but wasn’t symptomatic.
I was young, active and extremely healthy and it very nearly killed me. 
I wouldn’t wish the experience on anyone. I truly hope you are feeling better soon and for a complete recovery. 

So your warning is so important. No age group is immune to this. With just hundredths of 1% of the population tested, it is guaranteed that people in your community have it. Someone in your family may have it. 
Be wise and safe. 

On 4/4/2020 at 10:04 AM, Janaka said:

Dude, thanks.

Out of curiosity, what part of the world are you in?

17 hours ago, phillos said:

I believe Janaka is in the UK based on their previous posts on the board.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah. I'm in Birmingham, UK. 

Feeling better each day. Still coughing. Still tight-chested. Wifey is slowly getting better too but we're worried about the kids now. My six year old started coughing two days ago; he's still bouncing off the walls for the moment though.