Sign in to follow this  
technomage

Ever wish the capital did something?

Have you ever wish the capital did something to set it apart from other ones? I find it a little bothersome that there really is no difference between the fractions then 1 loyal symbol, really most decks are like Empire with a little of HE and dwarfs or HE with some other fraction stuff, or the same for chaos. I wish the capitals had special abilities to support each of their themes to encourage different capital play, like having the dwarf one say:

Action: pay 3, remove 2 damage from a section of your capital, use only once per turn or

Empire say:

action, Pay3, move a unit from a section to another section, use only once per turn and only on your turn.

Or even cards that can only be played with you are a certain fraction.

What are your opinions?

I think it will happen eventually. But I think they wanted to keep to a lower complexity at launch, in order to attract new players... one of the reasons I think W:I is so popular is how simple it is to learn and play. They're slowly stepping it up, though... new keywords are leaking through which currently do little, but will no doubt do more in further packs. Hex, I'm looking at you!

When I first started the game, I thought the 3 power on the Kingdom and the 1 power on the Quest zone counted in combat.  I think it's a neat idea to actually play it that way.  It makes sense, not so much for the Quest zone, but definitely for the Kingdom that there would be some defenses built into it before adding units and support.  Most castles have arrow towers, boiling oil dumps, trebuchets, etc.  Perhaps a tactic card will be released in the future that allows for the Kingdom to use it's power in combat or something. 

Nah. I like them just fine.  There are quest cards available for now. Maybe we'll see support cards that enter play before the game starts. I don't want to have to lug around several different versions of any given faction's capital boards.