freakyg3

Store Champs are too long

5 minutes ago, Subhntr said:

If a store cannot or will not allow enough time to play the number of rounds mandated by the rules FFG has set out for Store Championships, then they should not run one.

FFG are pragmatic; they'd like the events to run as per the Advanced Tournament Structure, but they'd rather have more events run (and therefore reach more players) even if some are shorter, than run fewer events and reach less players (which could lead to 'blackspots' where no community is present because the shops cannot run events for any number of reasons).

5 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

FFG are pragmatic; they'd like the events to run as per the Advanced Tournament Structure, but they'd rather have more events run (and therefore reach more players) even if some are shorter, than run fewer events and reach less players (which could lead to 'blackspots' where no community is present because the shops cannot run events for any number of reasons).

is this at all true?

or did they just copy paste the Hyperspace Trial sheet and not think about it?

21 hours ago, MegaSilver said:

Image result for dumbass decision, I've elected to ignore it mace windu

Now all I can think of is Nick Fury pulling out his light saber in Avengers 5 and saying, "While tooling around with the Skrulls, I found this little beauty in a far away galaxy."

1 hour ago, svelok said:

is this at all true?

or did they just copy paste the Hyperspace Trial sheet and not think about it?

Well, as I mentioned upthread, my FLGS asked FFG if they could diverge from the Advanced Tournament Structure, and were given the green light. Similarly, several of the Store Championships in the UK have also diverged from it (and were clearly advertising their Swiss rounds & cut rounds) which to my eye suggests they aren't too particular about enforcing the event structure. If it were a mistake in printing, they would have said so when asked.

4 hours ago, Bucknife said:

65 min Swiss rounds feel great to me.

We regularly use 60-65minute games in GNK so we can get 3 rounds in over the evening. We did notice a shift in list types for the shorter games too ... more beef, more HP on the table. If you are gonna shorten games, you probably need to reduce the points of a list, or apply some other restrictions.