Cpt ObVus

First tries at list building (Scum)

So I own only an M3-A, Slave 1, and a Fang. I was interested in trying Fett & Fenn together, but I lack some necessary upgrade cards for the optimized list, like a second copy of Fearless, and Contraband Cybernetics. So I decided to pare down Slave 1 a bit, and run it leaner, allowing me to juuust squeeze in the naked M3-A, which I figured couldn’t be too terrible (it’s at least as good as a naked TIE Fighter, right? I dunno! Let’s find out!).

Any suggestions welcome, including next purchase suggestions.

Beginner’s Boba/Fenn

(68) Fenn Rau [Fang Fighter]
(3) Fearless

(85) Boba Fett [Firespray-class Patrol Craft]
(12) Maul
(6) Shield Upgrade
(1) Slave I

(25) Cartel Spacer [M3-A Interceptor]

Total points: 200

Pretty much what JBF says.  Getting an extra health on Boba is great, but getting a bigger gun on the Cartel Spacer is better.

Ion Cannon Scyk is really a rather nice ship.  It's got a lot going for it in terms of raw stats.  3 red dice, 3 green dice, 4 health, solid dial, and for only 31 points.

I'd definitely agree with JB and Fig.  Scum's been my faction since 1.0, but I am very much anti-meta in my list construction.  However, with what you want to do here, an Ion Scyk is pretty good.  If it succeeds in its attack, and is able to assign the Ion tokens to a small-base ship, that ship will have no choice but to execute "the ion maneuver", which is a blue 1-Forward (even if it's not on the dial), and can't take ANY Actions (regular or bonus) except the Focus action.  Both Boba and Fenn get really strong bonuses at Range 1, so if you pilot them well, you can ionize an opponent's ship right into a very dangerous position facing either.  The other bonus is that if that ship then ends up causing your opponent's other ships to bump, they don't get actions either.

If you don't understand how the ionization mechanic works, post here and I'm sure we'll be able to help you out with it.

2 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

I'd definitely agree with JB and Fig.  Scum's been my faction since 1.0, but I am very much anti-meta in my list construction.  However, with what you want to do here, an Ion Scyk is pretty good.  If it succeeds in its attack, and is able to assign the Ion tokens to a small-base ship, that ship will have no choice but to execute "the ion maneuver", which is a blue 1-Forward (even if it's not on the dial), and can't take ANY Actions (regular or bonus) except the Focus action.  Both Boba and Fenn get really strong bonuses at Range 1, so if you pilot them well, you can ionize an opponent's ship right into a very dangerous position facing either.  The other bonus is that if that ship then ends up causing your opponent's other ships to bump, they don't get actions either.

If you don't understand how the ionization mechanic works, post here and I'm sure we'll be able to help you out with it.

I’m usually anti-meta as well, to an extent, but one of the conditions that one of our Armada guys made was that we could only get into X-Wing if he could fly Slave 1. Then I heard that Slave 1 + Fenn Rau was actually ripping it up right now, and decided, what the ****, we might as well try running a list that’s actually good, to bounce some of our noobish ideas against.

That put us a couple ships deep into Scum, and someone somewhere said I should get an M3-A, which I did, and was glad I did, because went I went to build this, I found I was a bunch of upgrades short. 

Anyway GREAT suggestions, guys, and I’ll be glad to get a chance to see Ion mechanics at work. I do understand that it takes one token to zap a small base, two for a medium, and three for a large. How does ion damage interact with shields? 

Actually, anything you can tell me about it would help. :D

5 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I’m usually anti-meta as well, to an extent, but one of the conditions that one of our Armada guys made was that we could only get into X-Wing if he could fly Slave 1. Then I heard that Slave 1 + Fenn Rau was actually ripping it up right now, and decided, what the ****, we might as well try running a list that’s actually good, to bounce some of our noobish ideas against.

That put us a couple ships deep into Scum, and someone somewhere said I should get an M3-A, which I did, and was glad I did, because went I went to build this, I found I was a bunch of upgrades short. 

Anyway GREAT suggestions, guys, and I’ll be glad to get a chance to see Ion mechanics at work. I do understand that it takes one token to zap a small base, two for a medium, and three for a large. How does ion damage interact with shields? 

Actually, anything you can tell me about it would help. :D

No special interaction between ion and shields.  Works the same against a shielded or un shielded target.

With ion weapon you will deal 1 regular damage which will either take a shield point down or put on a face down damage card and the rest of the "damage" that got through after evades is dealt in ion tokens.