RyantheFett

Clan Wren & Inferno Squad comes with 7 models

Our friends over at Minature Market have spilled the beans about what is in the kit. 

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgswl69.html

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgswl68.html

Looks like we are getting seven miniatures with two of them being unique. Gideon Hask and Del Meeko for Empire.  Tristan and Ursa Wren for Rebels.

Just now, KommanderKeldoth said:

Interesting...

The Clan Wren blurb says that it has enough minis to make a Mandalorian Resistance unit and a Clan Wren special forces unit. I wonder what that means.  

Also for Inferno Squad “In addition to the standard Special Forces troopers, you can also assemble Inferno Squad members Gideon Hask and Del Meeko miniatures”. To me the “standard Special Forces troopers” and “Mandalorian Resistance” sounds like a generic version of the squads. So maybe you can take Inferno/Clan Wren, and/or a generic version. 

57 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Interesting...

The Clan Wren blurb says that it has enough minis to make a Mandalorian Resistance unit and a Clan Wren special forces unit. I wonder what that means.  

Something similar to commandos and scout troopers which let you field both a commando unit and a strike team from the same box.

Yeah i think this is the new trend. Include some troops and some unique figures. You can augment and differentiate multiple units this way.

Tabletop Admiral shows that Echo and Fives can join 3-4 different units.

My theory falls in line with @Platinum_V, the phrasing makes it sound like there is a "generic" unit which can use these figures, and also the specific "Clan Wren" or "Inferno Squad", with the latter possibly being limited in some way (like Detachment or actually unique) and it can field the named minis as part of it's unit, but also there is probably a "generic" special weapon or mini between both sets, similar to how there is a generic ARC sniper, so you don't have the Bistan/Pao problem. 

I think no matter what, this will probably be a very interesting and variable expansion. I wonder if Jetpacks are an add on to Clan Wren also, since they have +1 upgrade card over Inferno Squad's box. 

Oooh, interesting. I was going to be getting Inferno even if it was a ripoff with only the three other canon members(the extra one is only in the novel) because for some reason the idea of elite SFs in TIE gear really appeals to me, but a box of them plus Iden will make up two Special Forces squads(in terms of lore-based unit sizes) which is very appealing. Clan Wren was going to be a pass, but if there's that many in the box I might take another look.

16 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Interesting...

My bet would be that they're similar to Arc Troopers.  So that'd be...

Four generic models.

One unnamed heavy with alternate arms/weapon to match the generic models.

Two named heavies (Ursa Wren and Tristan Wren).

One unit card with unit size 4 and a heavy weapons slot.

One "Strike Team" unit card with unit size 1, a heavy weapons slot and the Heavy Weapons Team ability (you are required to take a heavy who becomes the unit leader).

That way you could have the four generic models and either Ursa or Tristan in one unit, and have the other unit use the unnamed heavy as the base unit (using the alternate arms/weapon - or just informing your opponent that this one is the one on the unit card) with the other named model as the upgrade.

57 minutes ago, GooeyChewie said:

My bet would be that they're similar to Arc Troopers.  So that'd be...

Four generic models.

One unnamed heavy with alternate arms/weapon to match the generic models.

Two named heavies (Ursa Wren and Tristan Wren).

One unit card with unit size 4 and a heavy weapons slot.

One "Strike Team" unit card with unit size 1, a heavy weapons slot and the Heavy Weapons Team ability (you are required to take a heavy who becomes the unit leader).

That way you could have the four generic models and either Ursa or Tristan in one unit, and have the other unit use the unnamed heavy as the base unit (using the alternate arms/weapon - or just informing your opponent that this one is the one on the unit card) with the other named model as the upgrade.

I am betting it will be similar to that as well, however I think the "Strike Team" will be composed of both uniques, and might have Detachment: Iden Versio/Sabine Wren. 

23 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Interesting...

Future proofing for resistance/first order?

On 3/13/2020 at 7:02 PM, KraydKaflar said:

Not wrong. I'm still waiting on my B2s and Phase 2s...

That’s rough... I haven’t seen any of them either, but my Seppie friend got his b2 somewhere.

13 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

Future proofing for resistance/first order?

No, they mean the group fighting against the empire on Mandalore. I’m betting it’s two different units with different stats/mini counts. Maybe the Wren or the Jnferno requires one of the uniques? 

On 3/13/2020 at 6:24 PM, KommanderKeldoth said:

Interesting...

This is just reference to the Rebels TV show. Watch those 3-4 episodes and you'll have the connection.

FFG named those units such. One is the 4 man unit and the other is the 1 man unit. The 1 man unit is required to take a heavy weapon, in the other the heavy is optional, hence, the 7 models in the kit

10 hours ago, buckero0 said:

This is just reference to the Rebels TV show. Watch those 3-4 episodes and you'll have the connection.

FFG named those units such. One is the 4 man unit and the other is the 1 man unit. The 1 man unit is required to take a heavy weapon, in the other the heavy is optional, hence, the 7 models in the kit

Ive watched rebels. I just think its interesting what it implies.

4 hours ago, buckero0 said:

That's funny. I've got plenty of Phase II and B2 as well as all the commanders. We had some upgrade boxes but those all sold out. Our flgs has surplus on everything else

We have everything but starters and commanders. Although when I was there on Saturday the B2 and P2 were low.

On 3/13/2020 at 5:42 PM, skins1924 said:

You can pre-order from Miniature Market and never get your order. 😃

I'll chime in on this as well. It be true. My B2s are still 'awaiting release'... and I stupidly bundled my TX-130 with them... (I Bought my P2 Clones at LGSs... in order to spread the love around).

18 hours ago, NeverTellMeTheOdds said:

We have everything but starters and commanders. Although when I was there on Saturday the B2 and P2 were low.

I haven’t seen any of the new things yet. I’ve not even seen the heavy upgrades in LGS but was able to get one P1 heavy online.