Sign in to follow this  
TheCallum

Starhawk Arc Misprints

Posted (edited)

Sorry if there is a thread on this, could not see anything.

Who else has problems with their front/side arcs?

Problem is either the Mk1, or the MkII, with the opposite side being almost bang on correct.

Below is a picture from a friend:

EE376ADF-C3B2-4EF7-838D-35C1E51FBA12.thumb.jpeg.201428912e4609cd1fac9714a75fab2f.jpeg

Edited by TheCallum

5 minutes ago, noggin said:

Everyone, from what I see around. I'm picking up mine today, and I don't have high hopes.

There are some that are not THAT bad. Mine is not perfect but it's OK, the difference is almost unnoticeable.

Hi Guys,

I reached out FFG on this (as i ordered an FFG starhawk to see if there was any difference from others.) They fully admitted that all or most Starhawks have misaligned arcs and are working on a solution.

Not sure the timeline but I have an active ticket on the order and will be happy to keep everyone posted. I suspect they will post an article with any relevant details or instructions.

44 minutes ago, SuperZuk said:

Hi Guys,

I reached out FFG on this (as i ordered an FFG starhawk to see if there was any difference from others.) They fully admitted that all or most Starhawks have misaligned arcs and are working on a solution.

Not sure the timeline but I have an active ticket on the order and will be happy to keep everyone posted. I suspect they will post an article with any relevant details or instructions.

All they have to claim is that it's a feature not a bug. lol

FFG's cardboard cut presses are notoriously inaccurate. I made acrylic ship tokens from the cardboard I own and I'd say at least a 3rd of them were more than 1mm off center.  

Well at least now with them admitting this error, there is a chance they will actually look into and fix their QC now, to the benefit of their future products (hopefully?)

My ship token is same as OP (MK I is good MK II is not)- so it's a glitch in the printing file (or it's processing) but there is another thing (or it happened earlier?)- ship name is printed on rear hull zone instead of ussual front