Shadowshand

Mandalorian in Legion?

I doubt it. Q1 2020 is almost over and there's still the Republic RT, STAPs, Clan Wren, and Inferno Squad that we know of in the pipe without articles. There's already a lot of Legion products in the works that we know of. Also a lot of The Mandalorian would be geared towards Scum which would be a major announcement for something like Adepticon or another major convention, not some random article.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I doubt it. Q1 2020 is almost over

The post on fb said that part was from a previous slide.

9 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

Also a lot of The Mandalorian would be geared towards Scum which would be a major announcement for something like Adepticon or another major convention, not some random article.

That I agree with. Although it wasn't an article. The post on fb is gaining a lot of hype though.

Edited by Shadowshand

My gut tells me this is fake, neither of these are new images and generally in these slides there's at least a box art mock up or some figure renders, plus as @thepopemobile100 says it would likely be part of a Scum faction, so to me the announcement would be "Scum faction" not just core set + Mandalorian. But I guess we'll have to wait and see, the last batch of leaks so far are all proving true and S2 of Mando is out this year so I wouldn't say it's impossible. 🤷‍♀️

Posted (edited)

No, there have been several images from Asmodee at GAMA (including what they're doing with RPGs and Clone Wars Armada) this should be legit, but remember it's a trade show for game makers, not quite for general public. The Q1 is part of an error, nut they're just saying it'll exist, like how they said Clone Wars Armada was indev like two years ago, but at this very presentation it's not projected until Q4 2020. The devs themselves said they're always interested in stuff like Mandalorian for the game, so I'm sure they want to work with it, so not really news even. 

Edited by UnitOmega

36 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

No, there have been several images from Asmodee at GAMA (including what they're doing with RPGs and Clone Wars Armada) this should be legit, but remember it's a trade show for game makers, not quite for general public. The Q1 is part of an error, nut they're just saying it'll exist, like how they said Clone Wars Armada was indev like two years ago, but at this very presentation it's not projected until Q4 2020. The devs themselves said they're always interested in stuff like Mandalorian for the game, so I'm sure they want to work with it, so not really news even. 

Did you happen to see what the Armada news was?

Posted (edited)

There is a new article doing the rounds saying asmodee was taking over it's distribution as well. As always, taking it all with a grain of salt

Edited by Ralgon

My take is this is legit. It makes sense. Disney and Asmodee both want what's popular. They don't care about factions or game mechanics. If the Mando is popular, they want it made. Probably not soon. As others have stated, there's not much material here for the 4 existing factions. So... What then? Again, assuming this will take a minute, how will they launch a scum/neutral /sub faction. I know it's been talked to death, but this is our first sign of evidence. If "scum" is coming, and based on the Mando in the beginning, how would you want it rolled out? 

26 minutes ago, AldousSnow said:

My take is this is legit. It makes sense. Disney and Asmodee both want what's popular. They don't care about factions or game mechanics. If the Mando is popular, they want it made. Probably not soon. As others have stated, there's not much material here for the 4 existing factions. So... What then? Again, assuming this will take a minute, how will they launch a scum/neutral /sub faction. I know it's been talked to death, but this is our first sign of evidence. If "scum" is coming, and based on the Mando in the beginning, how would you want it rolled out? 

When Scum came to X-Wing they had a small kit, similar to the starter kit but with just a couple ships, and conversion cards for existing ships that fit the scum faction. I think something like that would be appropriate here as well.

The Mandalorian as a Commander with Iden/Cassian's ability to switch to operative, Nevarro Bounty Hunters as a corp (not the most ideal starting corp but the best fit I can think of from The Mandalorian) and the repulsor cannon emplacement from the first episode as a support (now I'm really stretching to stay on theme but still). Convert the existing bounty hunters, and some how release Cara Dune as a dual faction operative (either in her expansion have both deployment cards or just include her in the conversions if they wish to release her for Rebels earlier). 

That's just my rough "pitch", would like to hear how others would improve it or other routes to go. 

16 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

That's literally just an E-Web, lol.

Technically Wookieepedia only calls it a "laser cannon" and only lists episode 8 of The Mandalorian to feature an E-Web. AND it floats and doesn't have the power cell so it's not JUST an E-Web. 

Semantics aside I think it still works for a support 😛 

I think its legit and i guarantee that Disney and FFG want to monopolize on anything that is popular like the Mandalorian. There was an article in the new pages about how Disney dropped the ball not having merchandise available at Christmas for the Mandalorian (how many baby yoda's could they have sold?- and yoda on a shelf etc)

6 hours ago, Platinum_V said:

That's just my rough "pitch", would like to hear how others would improve it or other routes

I was around for the Scum release. I actually liked the packs with 3 ships and cards to upgrade existing units. And I've always felt like Scum has worked in X-Wing. But something about cramming every random small faction into a single "scum" faction in Legion has always felt weird. What I'd like to see, but probably won't, is two new factions. One being a full new faction for cartels/crime syndicates. The other would be a subfaction of neutral units, which could be added to any main factions. This is where I see a lot of characters falling, especially from The Mandalorian. 

7 hours ago, AldousSnow said:

I was around for the Scum release. I actually liked the packs with 3 ships and cards to upgrade existing units. And I've always felt like Scum has worked in X-Wing. But something about cramming every random small faction into a single "scum" faction in Legion has always felt weird. What I'd like to see, but probably won't, is two new factions. One being a full new faction for cartels/crime syndicates. The other would be a subfaction of neutral units, which could be added to any main factions. This is where I see a lot of characters falling, especially from The Mandalorian. 

I don't have a problem with this. If they (the designers) had half the brains the people on the forums had, they would design the faction as one to start, and then split off into 2 factions that shared some common units. Then they would eat each other alive in public for disagreeing with each other as all of our forum members tend to. They could probably squeeze two factions out of it by making a smugglers and outriders faction and include young versions of Han and Beckett and Val. Throw in Dash and kyle katarn and Ketsu, Mandalorian etc. Then make a scum and villainy faction and rerelease bossk Fet, pyke & Hutt Syndicates etc. They know we'd buy multiple versions of fett anyway

I'm sort of hoping that we will see a Scum faction that is very much a group of Subfactions that can use a few base units like a corps unit of Hired Guns.

All that said thought it is possible this is one of the reasons rebels are getting Clan Wren, so that the Mandalorian is added with the sub-faction Mandalorian where you can take him, Sabine, and Clan Wren plus likely some sort of Death Watch or Mandalorian Enclave unit released around the same time him. Have it where instead of Corps units you take Special Forces units instead and have it sort of be an even more elite version of the Republic. 

2 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

I'm sort of hoping that we will see a Scum faction that is very much a group of Subfactions that can use a few base units like a corps unit of Hired Guns.

All that said thought it is possible this is one of the reasons rebels are getting Clan Wren, so that the Mandalorian is added with the sub-faction Mandalorian where you can take him, Sabine, and Clan Wren plus likely some sort of Death Watch or Mandalorian Enclave unit released around the same time him. Have it where instead of Corps units you take Special Forces units instead and have it sort of be an even more elite version of the Republic. 

That would be optimal

You could have a commander which opens up certain Corps troops and operatives, etc and another commander has different options based on their history.

Then you have Hondo Which opens AALLLL the options because he's a team player.

22 hours ago, buckero0 said:

I think its legit and i guarantee that Disney and FFG want to monopolize on anything that is popular like the Mandalorian. There was an article in the new pages about how Disney dropped the ball not having merchandise available at Christmas for the Mandalorian (how many baby yoda's could they have sold?- and yoda on a shelf etc)

I tried a Yoda on a shelf. My daughter looked at it real hard and said “It cannot get up and walk” so she didn’t believe it could rat her out. 

This from a kid who thinks the 501st/RL cosplayers are really from another galaxy. 

On 3/12/2020 at 7:29 AM, Polda said:

No way that would pass a health and safety check. 

No such thing as OSHA in the Star Wars universe. If there was the Empire would be bankrupt from fines for no railings next to deep chasms on the Death Star, which is definitely a safety violation.