R3dReVenge

Inferno Squad and Clan Wren leaked IMAGES

Posted (edited)

These new prices are going to keep me from playing more than one faction. I was keeping up with rebel and empire releases, and considering clones, now it’s just going to be empire for me I think.

Also, I believe that’s Sabine’s mom on the front. She’s the only one with a helmet like that. 

Edited by NeverTellMeTheOdds

1 hour ago, Mace Windu said:

I cant imagine that FFG would ever print a separate box of minis that could only be played if you have another mini from a different purchase.

I would like to think that they might do something like they have done with Jyn's blaster where an upgrade or unit gets a discount if you happen to include another specific thing in your army, so say you play clan wren and Sabine in your army you get a combined discount of a certain amount of points.

Technically that was the point of the Corp unit expansions, 4 minis that require other units, sold separately, to be played. And while they include a unit card to be played as those Corp units, the B1 Upgrade does not have enough minis included. Not exactly 1:1 but I wouldn't rule anything out as a possibility. 

Discounting entire units is a bit different than discounting upgrades, so it would be an interesting balance challenge but I think that's the preferred solution. Or just give them Teamwork or some such keyword.

Kind of hoping the during the Iden/Cassian live stream on Thursday they give us some info on how Inferno Squad will work with Iden.

13 minutes ago, NeverTellMeTheOdds said:

I’d much rather have any of the other characters from Rebels, or Baze/Chiruit. 

*Begs for an Ezra announcement*

On a side note for Base and Chiruit maybe a counterpart like effect? If you brought one of them you could pay the points to add the other to the unit. I suppose both as operatives work as well?

Commander: Jyn, Cassian

Operative: K2, Baze, Chiruit

I mean I wouldn't mind Lando but there are so many other named guys I would like to see.

*on topic* While Inferno seems like a fully unique squad that one can only bring one of Clan Wren does have the potential to have a couple brought in, could be like Rebel Pathfinders where they have like two heavy weapon attachments in the form of Tristan or Ursa Wren. Sabine's Legacy of Mandalore card can issue orders to 2 other troopers so maybe that's a hint that it won't be a squad you can only bring one of?

Hrm, Baze follows where Chirrut goes, though the latter sometimes does stuff on his own. The Counterpart rule is good, but doesn't follow the order of their deaths in the movie. Maybe a special rule so that Baze can be a realboy unit if Chirrut dies. But also include them both as Heavy Weapon upgrades for the Pathfinders. 

14 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

*Begs for an Ezra announcement*

On a side note for Base and Chiruit maybe a counterpart like effect? If you brought one of them you could pay the points to add the other to the unit. I suppose both as operatives work as well?

Commander: Jyn, Cassian

Operative: K2, Baze, Chiruit

I mean I wouldn't mind Lando but there are so many other named guys I would like to see.

*on topic* While Inferno seems like a fully unique squad that one can only bring one of Clan Wren does have the potential to have a couple brought in, could be like Rebel Pathfinders where they have like two heavy weapon attachments in the form of Tristan or Ursa Wren. Sabine's Legacy of Mandalore card can issue orders to 2 other troopers so maybe that's a hint that it won't be a squad you can only bring one of?

Counterpart for them is the first thing I thought when I saw R2/3po’s rules. A two man upgrade to pathfinders would be cool also, but being separate is more likely, and more likely to make them useful. 

14 hours ago, buckero0 said:

What website did you find these on?

Someone posted this image on the legion Facebook page. They said this picture has a link for preorders on their store page. 

im not particularly interested in this product, but I’m sure most of the community is. This also lines up with the leaks earlier this year.

14 hours ago, buckero0 said:

What website did you find these on?

Someone posted this image on the legion Facebook page. They said this picture has a link for preorders on their store page. 

im not particularly interested in this product, but I’m sure most of the community is. This also lines up with the leaks earlier this year.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

They’re the same cost as the new P2 clones and B2 droids.

It is just the price hike of switching to the hard plastic sprues.

I'm actually of the opinion now that the price hike isn't solely motivated by the material switch. Asmodee recently announced price increases across a ton of their board games, including raising the MSRP of the GCW core set by $10 to $99. I doubt this is accompanied by any sort of material change. It could just be to have the two core sets at the same price point, or we could start seeing increases on other older sets without a material swap. Asmodee might have just changed the price on the new releases to coincide with the material switch, so the customers would potentially have a perceived increase in value (which is subjective and not everyone agrees about).

Regardless, back on topic, I strongly suspect these will be the first unique multi-model units. Both of the units wearing Mandalorian armour that are already in the game (Sabine and Boba) have red surge block with Impervious, which is what I expect will be the defense for Clan Wren. I also am expecting Jump 2, given the box art shows them using jet packs, which would be consistent with Sabine, Boba, and ARC troopers. They might have Teamwork with Sabine and/or Iden, or some other form of synergy.

Edited by Caimheul1313

11 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Regardless, back on topic, I strongly suspect these will be the first unique multi-model units. Both of the units wearing Mandalorian armour that are already in the game (Sabine and Boba) have red surge block with Impervious, which is what I expect will be the defense for Clan Wren. I also am expecting Jump 2, given the box art shows them using jet packs, which would be consistent with Sabine, Boba, and ARC troopers. They might have Teamwork with Sabine and/or Iden, or some other form of synergy.

The price hike depresses me then. I didn’t think it was great value increase, but changing the others just sort of proves it.

You are probably correct, I expect them to have multiple uniques. I’m guessing the mandalorians will have the jetpack as an upgrade like the arcs but have the same multi-height flying model options.

Clan Wren specifically I don’t care about, but mandalorians are cool so maybe I’ll do it anyway. Inferno is probably a pass for me. They’ll be imperial infiltrate special forces, sure, but I’m not sold on them.

These price hikes have me rethinking how much longer I’ll keep getting expansions for this game. Might be about time for me to consider what I already have as enough to play casually forever.  Really disappointed to see them raising prices to this extreme.  Greed is a terrible thing.

17 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

These price hikes have me rethinking how much longer I’ll keep getting expansions for this game. Might be about time for me to consider what I already have as enough to play casually forever.  Really disappointed to see them raising prices to this extreme.  Greed is a terrible thing.

Agreed. The unit really has to speak to me to be worthwhile. My republic forces need some options. The GCW? Not so much.

2 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

The price hike depresses me then. I didn’t think it was great value increase, but changing the others just sort of proves it.

You are probably correct, I expect them to have multiple uniques. I’m guessing the mandalorians will have the jetpack as an upgrade like the arcs but have the same multi-height flying model options.

Clan Wren specifically I don’t care about, but mandalorians are cool so maybe I’ll do it anyway. Inferno is probably a pass for me. They’ll be imperial infiltrate special forces, sure, but I’m not sold on them.

Either as an upgrade or just come with Jump 2 like Sabine and Boba Fett. Either way, I'm hoping for optional flight bases.

I think introducing Mandalorians as Clan Wren serves to tie their inclusion directly to the Rebels cartoon, and prevents a player from spamming it (if they turn out to be a unique unit, and not just have unique attachments like Fives and Echo). I'm inclined to think they will be a unique unit, because I think that's the "correct" (canon wise) design for Inferno Squad. The Bad Batch could be later released as the Republic unique unit, and I'm not as certain about CIS. I suppose Death Watch, but that might be too similar to Clan Wren in some ways/fit better in a potential future Shadow Collective faction. FFG could also create a new droid force, or something could come up in Season 7, time will tell. 

I'm planning to pick up Inferno for the models, since I kind of dig their aesthetic of fighting in what looks like TIE pilot armour. 

The price hike is really sad, especially considering the Phase 2 clones with the limited options. The quality/quantity(b2 having just 6 minis) increase don’t really match the price either. Idk, probably wont buy much more in the future and just stick with what I have instead. I mean, how many minis will be in the inferno box really? Didn’t inferno squad just have 4 members and that’s including iden? So maybe as low as 3 minis? For 35$? Or will they have two minis for each member?

3 minutes ago, davekon said:

I mean, how many minis will be in the inferno box really? Didn’t inferno squad just have 4 members and that’s including iden? So maybe as low as 3 minis? For 35$? Or will they have two minis for each member?

I am expecting them to have lots of customization options, but I'm not sure if that alone justifies $35 for what is likely a 4-5 man unit. 

2 hours ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Comments like these always crack me up. 

Is FFG not supposed to make money on their products???

9 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

I am expecting them to have lots of customization options, but I'm not sure if that alone justifies $35 for what is likely a 4-5 man unit. 

I fully expect the level of customization won't change significantly from the whatever we get in the ARC and BX boxes, which seems a bit better than Phase 2s/B2s. I hope I'm wrong though. 

I do agree that the price seems a bit high for 4-5 models, so hopefully there's more than that in the box.

Unfortunately, the Imperial Guard and Wookiees were both the full unit price ($25 USD at the time) despite only being 4 models, but I don't recall a ton of complaints then. I think $35 is just the current price for a unit, and the per model costs doesn't factor in to Asmodee. Price increases always stink.

3 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:
3 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

22 minutes ago, Lochlan said:
29 minutes ago, davekon said:

I mean, how many minis will be in the inferno box really? Didn’t inferno squad just have 4 members and that’s including iden? So maybe as low as 3 minis? For 35$? Or will they have two minis for each member?

3 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I do agree that the price seems a bit high for 4-5 models, so hopefully there's more than that in the box.

Hopefully they have three models in each unit. The box I hope just gives us a real bad example of what is coming in each package. Inferno squad has four members: Iden, Hask, Gideon, and Seyn. Clan Wren has: Ursa, Alrich, Sabine, and Tristan. It would seem really stupid if we only get two or a random generic in the pack..................... Which they can still do, but right now we just have to wait for more leaks or an article. FFG have been really good when it comes to Canon so far.

Price wise it would not be too bad depending on which way they go. At $35 that would be about $12 per unique mini. Around the same cost as a commander or operative. Both units should have two different poses and the option for helmet or face. So decent value on something people will only realistically need 1 of.

@RyantheFett In the case of Clan Wren though, there are non-family Mandalorians who fight in the Wren armour, so presumably vassals or some other relationship, but they could be considered as part of the Clan, even if leadership is held by family members only.

Inferno I agree with you though, the squad is only 4 members, one of whom is Iden, so that leaves 3, unless like you said, they tack in some unknown individual(s).

1 hour ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I'm inclined to think they will be a unique unit, because I think that's the "correct" (canon wise) design for Inferno Squad. The Bad Batch could be later released as the Republic unique unit, and I'm not as certain about CIS. I suppose Death Watch, but that might be too similar to Clan Wren in some ways/fit better in a potential future Shadow Collective faction. FFG could also create a new droid force, or something could come up in Season 7, time will tell. 

I'm thinking bounty hunters for CIS. Got Cad Bane already and we have already seen at least three bounty hunter crews in the Clone Wars with one working under Dooku himself.

Like you said they have a lot more options for Scum and I can see Death Watch working better for Maul.................. Or they just use Mandos for every faction since they sort of do work for everybody lol. 

dad73e18-9105-45ad-9db7-c02c6b7c6820.jpg

44 minutes ago, R3dReVenge said:

Comments like these always crack me up. 

Is FFG not supposed to make money on their products???

They were making money prior to this price hike.  This is greed.  And unless you want this to turn political, perhaps you should ignore my perspective in this subject.

I suspect that they will be at least 6 minis in a box, 4 for a squad and then 2 heavy weapon options, possibly even a generic one and the two named characters associated with the unit based off how the devs did admit there was diminishing returns buying multiple Pathfinder units. So Clan Wren based off the art is likely going to be a unit  + Sabines mom and brother and maybe the heavy will be the heavy Mandalorian seen in The Mandalorian. Inferno squad would likely be similar to the above but wiyh Del Meeko and Hask as uniques with a generic heavy weapon option that uses one of Idens guns.

Alternatively perhaps since these uniques don't intermingle with other units maybe we will see the unique characters depicted as detachments for the main unit? A Hask detachment and Del Meeko with Teamwork: Iden would be a bit interesting. 

8 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

They were making money prior to this price hike.  This is greed.  And unless you want this to turn political, perhaps you should ignore my perspective in this subject.

How much money were they making? You have the numbers?

18 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

How much money were they making? You have the numbers?

Why does one ask a question one already knows the answer to? It’s not a publicly traded company, so anyone having numbers is highly unlikely.

I certainly think there’s a “feels bad” because of being used to original cost. What are you getting for the upgraded cost? Not much, or perhaps nothing at all (looking at you P2 troopers).

Perceived value is a real force. No one is saying they can’t make money and no one is saying they can’t set that price, merely that it no longer holds the perceived value for them.

I’m not going to be sour if I stop buying legion minis. I just will stop and the funds will find their way to something else. If enough people do that, perhaps they’d reconsider? Or they don’t, either way it’s their choice.