Sign in to follow this  
Pa Weasley

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ SUMMON WAVE 7 PREVIEWS!!! ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Posted (edited)

Oh great and benevolent FFG.  I present unto you offerings of my 1.0 cardboard, my most consistently bad dice and the hair of the wookie that bit me.  It it's my hope that you may find it pleasing and grant your humble plastic crack buyer-upper the start of the wave 7 previews!  And if the first can be for the LAAT/i I certainly wouldn't kvetch.  Just saying.  

*Now edited for proper summoning.*

Edited by Pa Weasley

Was Wave 7 going to be an April release (barring Corona delays)? If so, I'd imagine the preview should be dropping soon. Honestly, I'd like to see them in Droid>XI>LAAT order, but really I'd be fine with any news.

12 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Was Wave 7 going to be an April release (barring Corona delays)? If so, I'd imagine the preview should be dropping soon. Honestly, I'd like to see them in Droid>XI>LAAT order, but really I'd be fine with any news.

Correct, but corona is a factor. My guess is June-July

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Correct, but corona is a factor. My guess is June-July

If that’s when Wave 7 ends up being released, I’m soooo glad FO, Republic and CIS got bumped down to four Hyperspace ships in anticipation. 

(Points changes will coincide with their release, making leaving space for the fifth ship completely pointless.)

Edited by astronautcowboy

6 minutes ago, ingtaer said:

Surely they will be start to be shown at Adepticon in a couple of weeks?

Assuming it doesn’t get cancelled, I sadly don’t have a friend going this year or I’d have a LAAT picked up

On 3/10/2020 at 1:42 PM, Pa Weasley said:

Oh great and benevolent FFG.  I present unto you offerings of my 1.0 cardboard, my most consistently bad dice and the hair of the wookie that bit me.  It it's my hope that you may find it pleasing and grant your humble plastic crack buyer-upper the start of the wave 7 previews!  And if the first can be for the LAAT/i I certainly wouldn't kvetch.  Just saying.  

Patience, Padawan. Patience. 

Not really interested, with FFG current supply issues. Get the supply chain straight first.

I still do neither have Huge ship conversion kit, "Hotshots" nor "Never.." packs. Completely unavailable then months (Europe), only I could get was a Bomb pack.. So no use of a preview of products far in the future, which are probably massively delayed due to Covid19 effects (further compounding FFG's ordinary supply problems).

1 hour ago, Managarmr said:

Not really interested, with FFG current supply issues. Get the supply chain straight first.

I still do neither have Huge ship conversion kit, "Hotshots" nor "Never.." packs. Completely unavailable then months (Europe), only I could get was a Bomb pack.. So no use of a preview of products far in the future, which are probably massively delayed due to Covid19 effects (further compounding FFG's ordinary supply problems).

How would a preview of future content be of no use? So what if it’s delayed?

Sorry for sounding so salty. But I really would like to have Huges and some of the awesome Hotshots on a table near me....

14 minutes ago, dsul413 said:

How would a preview of future content be of no use? So what if it’s delayed?

Almost*) same thing as in 1st edition. Stuff gets previewed, people play it to death on Vassal and TT. When finally the physical ships appear, people are already craving and crying for the next "fix", and are no longer (as) interested in the ships appearing as they are "solved". That is actually even a financial problem for FFG, you want a hype, but not so much hype, that people no longer buy (not buying either because having it virtually played to death, or people in certain regions getting product so late, that it already is passe or has been nerfed to death).

*) it is partly alleviated in 2nd edition, as actual exact point value will be unknown. But often you can infer the approximate value.

Call  me old(-fashioned), but I can wait. I do not rip off the paper of the presents already 2 weeks before birthday/X-mas :)

4 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

I really do want gunships soon. But worries about that turret. Turret doesn’t sound right... 

The primary turret weapon represents the wing-mounted beam turrets on the LAAT. The dorsal missile launcher and under-wing rocket pods are represented by the double missile slot. The fore and aft cannons are all anti-personnel, so they aren’t represented.

5 hours ago, TheMadGent said:

The primary turret weapon represents the wing-mounted beam turrets on the LAAT. The dorsal missile launcher and under-wing rocket pods are represented by the double missile slot. The fore and aft cannons are all anti-personnel, so they aren’t represented.

That doesn't sound right. I think it just represents most of the LAAT/i's weapons in unison.

Unfortunate, but not unexpected. I imagine the current situation is causing disruption not just to stores but also to their production and distribution, so it makes sense to delay releases until everything has settled down a bit, especially given the distribution problems with the last wave (I'm still waiting for a Fireball I pre-ordered). At least they've announced it so we know what's happening.