Millennium Falcon (3)

Arvel Crynyd (34)
Intimidation (3)
Crack Shot (1)

Jake Farrell (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

This is my Leia. She is beautiful, she hits like a truck, is tanky, and is more powerful than anyone ever imagined now that she has given into the dark side.

I've played with a few wingmates now and this so far has been the best. But I'm looking for other ideas. 75 points doesn't leave a lot for friends... but theres gotta be something. each game has been incredibly close, but the wingmate has done nothing but draw fire for the first round or two. Then Leia proceeds to nearly solo the list. So now I need to find some wingman that work well with her.

The first obvious thought was Luke with R2 D2. didn't like it. didn't really work for me

then 3 Z95 with crack shot. good for blocking. but didn't feel maneuverable enough for my playstyle.

switched to the A-wings. So far, in the one game, they fit better. They were able to keep up (I fly Leia fairly fast, lots of 3 banks and turns) and Arvel getting a bump off for Leia to unleash on is really nasty. But I didn't find them to be as effective as I wanted.... I'm going to try an E-wing or Jan Ors next.... but wondering if any other minds have an idea I should try. This Leia build cannot loose anything. just add

1 hour ago, Wiredin said:

Leia Organa (79)
Hate (9)
Ezra Bridger (14)
Magva Yarro (8)
Maul (12)
Millennium Falcon (3)

Arvel Crynyd (34)
Intimidation (3)
Crack Shot (1)

Jake Farrell (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

This is my Leia. She is beautiful, she hits like a truck, is tanky, and is more powerful than anyone ever imagined now that she has given into the dark side.

I've played with a few wingmates now and this so far has been the best. But I'm looking for other ideas. 75 points doesn't leave a lot for friends... but theres gotta be something. each game has been incredibly close, but the wingmate has done nothing but draw fire for the first round or two. Then Leia proceeds to nearly solo the list. So now I need to find some wingman that work well with her.

The first obvious thought was Luke with R2 D2. didn't like it. didn't really work for me

then 3 Z95 with crack shot. good for blocking. but didn't feel maneuverable enough for my playstyle.

switched to the A-wings. So far, in the one game, they fit better. They were able to keep up (I fly Leia fairly fast, lots of 3 banks and turns) and Arvel getting a bump off for Leia to unleash on is really nasty. But I didn't find them to be as effective as I wanted.... I'm going to try an E-wing or Jan Ors next.... but wondering if any other minds have an idea I should try. This Leia build cannot loose anything. just add

How about Corran? If you get rid of the title (I don’t know if you use it much or are too stressed from Maul) you can fit an R2-D2, FCS Corran. I might steal your Leia build, just like I did with your miranda build hehe

35 minutes ago, RoockieBoy said:

How about Corran? If you get rid of the title (I don’t know if you use it much or are too stressed from Maul) you can fit an R2-D2, FCS Corran. I might steal your Leia build, just like I did with your miranda build hehe

hehehehe no problem. I love finding strange stuff and making it work. I'll try Corran out. I use the title A LOT actually. it has proven to be very useful in keeping her alive. Hate allows me to rebuild force without using Maul. but I also boost a lot and fly over debris because I can. the build is stupid efficient.

My favorite yesterday was Poe had a R1 shot, un-modded. he rolled 1 hit. I rolled 1 evade, I had the evade token. I rerolled it to take the hit so I could get the lock and blow Poe up.

Nice to see another Dark Leia Practitioner! I feel in love with Dark Leia after flying a couple Leia and Luke versions, by the last couple game nights I've been cycling through versions that use Ezra as a pilot and either trim down with no Gunner or put in Han Gunner. Occasionally the Han+missile double tap is cool, but overall I haven't been able to hit my groove with Ezra-tie or Ezra-pede :(

Tonight's lists are Ezra-shuttle, one of which also brings Arvel.

I would also suggest trying Luke with R5-D8 instead of R2-D2 since with constant Force he can maintain mods without his action and with a two ship list you can't afford to just not take shots at every opportunity. I've also run stealth device and skipped the Droid on Luke with Jyn as the second crew on Leia which I was pretty happy with since 3agi+Force+evade made Luke very durable :)

8 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

Definitely most pleased with Ezra Shuttle and Arvel as Wingmates :) i went 1-1 for the night across a couple variations. Super close games against rebel beef/junkyard variants.

What upgrades on the wingmates? I'm thinking sense could be very useful with Intimidation Arvel

If the primary use of the wingman is as a damage soak, have you looked into playing up that role?

Norra Wexley (55)    
    Ion Torpedoes (6)    
    C-3PO (8)    
    "Chopper" (Astromech) (2)    
    Stealth Device (4)    

Ship total: 75  Half Points: 38  Threshold: 5    

Wullffwarro (56)    
    Lone Wolf (5)    
    Chewbacca (4)    
    R2-D2 (Crew) (10)    

Ship total: 75  Half Points: 38  Threshold: 4    

Total: 150    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z77XW135W18WW0W166Y58X124W21W56W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2020 at 1:45 AM, RoockieBoy said:

What upgrades on the wingmates? I'm thinking sense could be very useful with Intimidation Arvel

So one was trimmed down Leia with just Maul, Kanan, Hate alongside Ezra w/Cassian, Sense and Arvel w/ Intimidation; the other was a thicc Leia w/ Maul, Kanan, Hate, engine, stealth, title alongside naked Ezra and Arvel.

In both lists I found myself using Kanan several times on Arvel/Ezra to do something other than a native blue which sapped the force reserves, but got me very consistent blocks. It was pretty great to use CasSense to check multiple dials and then put Arvel right where he needed to be.

I'm going to try Ezra-TIE again with Arvel as the third. I know I'll miss the extra attack die, but getting a free reroll on Arvel should make that a wash. What I really liked on Ezra-ttle though was looking at two dials with the option to intentionally change Ezra's and the ability to Barrel Roll then stress for evade which also makes his force slightly more powerful with his ability! I used Ezra's ability several times off the Roll>Evade action while my previous attempts with Ezra-TIE I never used his ability at all.

Edited by nitrobenz
spell check

19 hours ago, Nyxen said:

My only question is what's the gameplan against separatists?

2 die spam? while evading, you've got a 5/6 chance of rolling paint, and enough Force to make all paint evades. Any successful 2 hit attacks will replenish your force pool.

Dont let them block you, focus them down one by one.

Posted (edited)

You can fit two generic Y-Wings with Ion Cannon Turrets. Other than that, I would probably go for Ezra Attach Shuttle and Arvel Crynyd. They are my favourite "seems harmless and hits like a truck" ships.

EDIT:

Alternatively I would grab AP-5 and Ezra Shuttle. Two annoying ships to deal with. AP-5 can Coordinate both Ezra and Leia into double actions. But I feel like Leia is the prime target, to get both an Evade and a Lock.

Leia Organa (79)    
    Hate (9)    
    Kanan Jarrus (12)    
    Maul (12)    
    Millennium Falcon (3)    

Ship total: 115  Half Points: 58  Threshold: 7    

Ezra Bridger (40)    
    Hera Syndulla (4)    

Ship total: 44  Half Points: 22  Threshold: 2    

AP-5 (32)    
    K-2SO (8)    

Ship total: 40  Half Points: 20  Threshold: 3    

Total: 199    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z393X204WWW41W48WWW154Y67XW35WWWY72XW314WWW&sn=Dark Side Leia&obs=

Edited by Schanez

On 3/14/2020 at 8:45 PM, Nyxen said:

My only question is what's the gameplan against separatists?

I haven't run against Droid swarms specifically, but other 2atk swarms I have faced are where I see the greatest return from putting extra points into stealth+title for Leia. If you get a favorable engage where she's at r2&3 and take an Evade, the title reroll+force with below average rolls still ignores a few attacks outright and then takes only a few damage at from the rest which just refuels force through hate (and an extra from Maul if needed), and that's after you alpha'd at least one swarmer. If you're a little lucky the reroll alone will carry her through, it can be a gamble to spend all the force on the attack against low-init swarms 😕

To encourage the favorable opening I have been setting up Leia (turret sideways) roughly across from the joust with Arvel & Ezra a little farther away and on the other side if possible. Bring Leia up the center and bank out on the turn where you expect the first serious engagement while A&E come in on a flanking angle with Arvel of course coming in faster and Ezra trailing. At that point Leia's action is boost if you can get out of most arcs while keeping your own arc, or evade if you're in the sweet spot, or obvious lock if they turned toward the other part of the list. Arvel, in typical fashion, should be able to focus>boost into r1/0 and Ezra at longer range does roll>evade to get stress for his ability and evade for potential defense. After the first engage Leia can circle and pick off damaged ships or start on ships in front of the A&E while they mix it up in the middle getting in the way and clean up low health stragglers or shoot at targets of opportunity. Always arc dodge if you can avoid everything, but if you can't then go for init-kills and harden all targets with evade so the opponent has no easy options.

Full swarm is probably the most unfavorable matchup, and you ultimately will need above average luck and/or a favorable skill difference to win.

1 hour ago, nitrobenz said:

I haven't run against Droid swarms specifically, but other 2atk swarms I have faced are where I see the greatest return from putting extra points into stealth+title for Leia. If you get a favorable engage where she's at r2&3 and take an Evade, the title reroll+force with below average rolls still ignores a few attacks outright and then takes only a few damage at from the rest which just refuels force through hate (and an extra from Maul if needed), and that's after you alpha'd at least one swarmer. If you're a little lucky the reroll alone will carry her through, it can be a gamble to spend all the force on the attack against low-init swarms 😕

To encourage the favorable opening I have been setting up Leia (turret sideways) roughly across from the joust with Arvel & Ezra a little farther away and on the other side if possible. Bring Leia up the center and bank out on the turn where you expect the first serious engagement while A&E come in on a flanking angle with Arvel of course coming in faster and Ezra trailing. At that point Leia's action is boost if you can get out of most arcs while keeping your own arc, or evade if you're in the sweet spot, or obvious lock if they turned toward the other part of the list. Arvel, in typical fashion, should be able to focus>boost into r1/0 and Ezra at longer range does roll>evade to get stress for his ability and evade for potential defense. After the first engage Leia can circle and pick off damaged ships or start on ships in front of the A&E while they mix it up in the middle getting in the way and clean up low health stragglers or shoot at targets of opportunity. Always arc dodge if you can avoid everything, but if you can't then go for init-kills and harden all targets with evade so the opponent has no easy options.

Full swarm is probably the most unfavorable matchup, and you ultimately will need above average luck and/or a favorable skill difference to win.

This is one reason I suggest Norra Wexly as the 75 point wing- she's tough in normal matchups, but against swarms her autoevade when at least 1 opponent is range 1 makes her just as tough as leia.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rakaydos said:

This is one reason I suggest Norra Wexly as the 75 point wing- she's tough in normal matchups, but against swarms her autoevade when at least 1 opponent is range 1 makes her just as tough as leia.

Good idea, do you put Ezra on Norra or Leia?

EDIT: nevermind, I scrolled up to look at your previous post with Norra:

Norra Wexley (55)    
    Ion Torpedoes (6)    
    C-3PO (8)    
    "Chopper" (Astromech) (2)    
    Stealth Device (4)   
Ship total: 75  Half Points: 38  Threshold:5  

Wullffwarro (56)    
    Lone Wolf (5)    
    Chewbacca (4)    
    R2-D2 (Crew) (10)   
Ship total: 75  Half Points: 38  Threshold: 4    

That Wulf looks like a solid option, but I'm not sure what's going on with Norra. It's tough, but not very threatening and has some interesting trade-offs built in... And I just realized from slots (crew slot) that this is ARC-Norra. Hits harder and you just have to choose between Regen and Calculate for the action when defending.

Edited by nitrobenz
EDIT

I dont get to play much, so I do more listbuild theorycraft than actually playing. Note that the above norra build, if it only takes 1 shield damage, can actually rebuild the stealth device if it's doing more good. (like letting c3po guess 1 with more regularity)

If you're not doing that, R5 is cheaper, and she has the hull to pull R5 off. The difference lets her pick up Elusive with a 1 point bid.

Leia Organa (79)    
    Hate (9)    
    Ezra Bridger (14)    
    Maul (12)    
    Stealth Device (4)    
    Millennium Falcon (3)    

Ship total: 121  Half Points: 61  Threshold: 7    

Norra Wexley (55)    
    Elusive (3)    
    C-3PO (8)    
    Veteran Tail Gunner (4)    
    R5 Astromech (4)    
    Stealth Device (4)    

Ship total: 78  Half Points: 39  Threshold: 5    

Total: 199    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z393X204WW81WW48W166WW154Y77X119WW18W89W6W166&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

I've found I enjoy K-2SO on Norra.  I was running Expert Handling, K2, and I think I'd tossed on VTG since I didn't have anything else to do with the points.

Not many games with her, but I liked it.  Because Norra is often the less-tempting target, it seems good to her the tools to easily double-mod and hopefully push damage when ignored.  While R5/Hull are probably welcome in either case, Norra seems mostly like she's got her defenses already fairly solid, so the big gain would be if she can ramp up her offense.  Having Lock/Calc seems like a good way to do it to me.

On 3/14/2020 at 5:19 PM, nitrobenz said:

I'm going to try Ezra-TIE again with Arvel as the third. I know I'll miss the extra attack die, but getting a free reroll on Arvel should make that a wash. What I really liked on Ezra-ttle though was looking at two dials with the option to intentionally change Ezra's and the ability to Barrel Roll then stress for evade which also makes his force slightly more powerful with his ability! I used Ezra's ability several times off the Roll>Evade action while my previous attempts with Ezra-TIE I never used his ability at all.

What do you mean with Ezra's Roll>Evade action?? 
THX 

5 hours ago, Tellonius said:

What do you mean with Ezra's Roll>Evade action?? 
THX 

As RoockieBoy alluded to, the Attack Shuttle has a Barrel Roll linked to red Evade:

340?cb=20180913232428

Which allows him to spend force for two eyeball results on one roll while using evade for guaranteed evade on another roll. In my experience, the lack of self-stress on the other two Ezra pilots means his ability is only even possible on K-turns.

On 3/21/2020 at 5:04 PM, nitrobenz said:

As RoockieBoy alluded to, the Attack Shuttle has a Barrel Roll linked to red Evade:

340?cb=20180913232428

Which allows him to spend force for two eyeball results on one roll while using evade for guaranteed evade on another roll. In my experience, the lack of self-stress on the other two Ezra pilots means his ability is only even possible on K-turns.

The Attack Shuttle Ezra is the only viable ship to fly him on tbh.

TieFighter is fragile, does not have anything viable to stress itself on.

Maybe Sheathepide with Baze Malbus as a crew. But then again, with Ezra's pilot ability it's somewhat obsolete.

You can always K-2S0 him while using the pilot. But ehh... I'd rather put the points elsewhere.

Posted (edited)

I love dark side leia. The build I've been messing with is:

• Leia
    • Maul 
    • Ezra
    • Nien Numb
    • Millennium Falcon Title
    • Hull upgrade

Leia in the driver's seat of the falcon with nien nub copiloting, and ezra gunning, maul sitting in the at the debark table, and a hull upgrade to round things out. I used to use hate but at 9 points I found it steep when maul is a strictly worse version of hate that I'm already spending 12 points on. Admittedly, I regen force a little more cautiously then I would with hate on account of the stress, but thats where my man nien comes into play, opening up the falcon dial a fair amount in regards to stress shedding. 

I can also fit 2 red squad vets with crackshot in the list which doesn't hurt. 

Edited by urbanyeti

Maybe these two generals could work together..? Some nice synergies for Hera’s red moves.

Leia Organa (79)    
    Hate (9)    
    Maul (12)    

Ship total: 100  Half Points: 50  Threshold: 7    

Hera Syndulla (VCX-100) (72)    
    Ion Cannon Turret (5)    
    Nien Nunb (5)    
    Ezra Bridger (14)    

Ship total: 96  Half Points: 48  Threshold: 7    

Total: 196    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z393X204WWWW48WWWY61XWWW138W52WWW81W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=