Sign in to follow this  
Oldmike1

a star wars segway

so I am thinking of using the crafting rule to make something like this and I was wondering for a sil 1 hoverbike what amount of encumbrance is fair to cover it

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

For it to carry, or for someone to carry it?

If the former, then one crew (the "pilot") along with whatever EC the pilot carries plus maybe 2-4 extra. If the latter, no clue.

mostly I hope to have it as something that can be stored on a starfighter and a plain speeder bike is to big but I thinking a repulser Segway may work as RW ones can be small

there is a foot speeder that's encumbrance 4 so I was thinking 7 as its a bit bigger

Edited by Oldmike1
added more info

6 hours ago, Oldmike1 said:

mostly I hope to have it as something that can be stored on a starfighter and a plain speeder bike is to big but I thinking a repulser Segway may work as RW ones can be small

there is a foot speeder that's encumbrance 4 so I was thinking 7 as its a bit bigger

I think the Foot Speeder is basically a Segway:

Foot speeders are constructed around a repulsorlift pad large enough for a single being to stand upon, with a steering vane extending up that doubles as a support for the occupant to hold onto.   A foot speeder allows a person to function as a Silhou­ette 1, Speed 1, Handling -1, System Strain Threshold 4 vehicle that can only operate in atmosphere and requires Piloting (Planetary) to operate.  It has a flight ceiling of 5 meters.

How do you picture your vehicle as being different?

54 minutes ago, Ominovin said:

I think the Foot Speeder is basically a Segway:

How do you picture your vehicle as being different?

well I was thinking that do to having better stats it have to be a hair bigger (IE better speed and handling)

but it dose look like it is a Segway I thought they were more like skateboards 

5 hours ago, Oldmike1 said:

well I was thinking that do to having better stats it have to be a hair bigger (IE better speed and handling)

but it dose look like it is a Segway I thought they were more like skateboards 

I picture 'speed 1' as being fine for 'in town driving' where you are unlikely to go faster than 35mph or so.

I think the 'next step up' would be the Kuat's Undicur Jumpspeeder associated with the Eta-class shuttles in the 'Endless Vigil' supplement:  Sil 2, Speed 2, Handling 0, and described as 'little more than a low-output repulsor engine fitted with a saddle and rudimentary controls.'  Unfortunately, since this is (barely) a 'proper vehicle' there is no indication of how much cargo space it should take up (although the Eta-class shuttle can carry up to four of them in addition to its stated encumbrance threshold).