Sign in to follow this  
Roller of blanks

The Salt Mines

3 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

I don't believe you.  No time left, your Ups has taken 5 damage, the score is 25-0, your favor.

(Moral: Never say never.)

You got me. This is correct even if the Ups were likely to score more points on the return shot. Better to take the victory you're sure of than the hope of victory that will inevitably fail you.

I had two nice ones today. Soontir range 3, just barely took two shots from Xwings. All involved ships had focus. Soontir on his shot obviously no damage at all. In return, he died. That's a 9.5% chance.

Later, different game. Vader ends up in front of Asajj. 4v3 attack. Asajj gets hit hit hit crit, Vader gets triple blank. Obviously. With the mods involved, that was a 3.7% chance or so. Was an amazing game that was decided by a milimeter seismic charge, but that shot on Vader definitely didn't help...

Posted (edited)

I had a beautiful one today.  (Not the only one. Today was my worst dice day of 2E.). My Fett Fenn facing four Black Sun Ace T-70s.  I'm already getting diced (blanks after blanks after blanks), but it's Fett Fenn, so I'm up two halved T-70s when this occurs.

Fenn with focus is at R1 of a 2 HP T-70 with no mods (not even Heroic, because Fenn has him Outmaneuvered).  Fenn rolls HHBBB.  He rolls an evade.  Fett shoots him at R2 with Focus and Maul. Rolls HHB.  He rolls two evades.

It gets better.  There are two T-70s with no mods and shots on Fenn, no mods, R3 and R2.  R2 shoots, gets HHH. Fenn rolls FBB. Spend focus. 2 damage, half points. R3 shoots, gets CHF.  Fenn rolls EFBB. Takes a crit. Direct Hit.

Edited by Jeff Wilder

Posted (edited)

Yikes. But Jeff, those are pretty close to average in the final analysis.

My salt today was getting double Forc-ulated into HHH from Kylo to an R3 focused z2 at 2 hull, EBBB. At time. Turned a 101 even tie game going to final salvo into a 18pt loss with no return fire. Almost had him.

Got double Forc-ulated? Forkin forked? Forked coming and going? Ah whatever. Like my name, I hate the current Force mechanic. 🙄

Edited by ForceSensitive
Spelling of my gawd my auto type hates me kill me now.

Posted (edited)

Fenn is a bad dice magnet.

I boosted in to share a cheeky R3 on a grappled droid with Dengar- a little punt on a 1st engagement I didn't fully expect. 

Droid took no damage from either, then nattied 2 crits back at Fenn. Fenn rolls 3 blanks and an eye. Spends focus, takes Panicked and is now triple stressed. 

Now he can't boost to jump the buzz droids on the way in, as planned, and has to turn away instead, but also can't boost/roll out of range. 3 droids shoot him at R3, 2 obstructed- (that I thought might be be out of range/arc). All paint, 1 hit sneaks through from each and Fenn dies.

Fenn rolled a total of 2 evades on 18 green dice.... and 2 hits on 3 red.... .

Approach fail :D

Edited by Cuz05