Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I think LTT just got more confusing. 

I think they should have split that paragraph into two to make it less confusing. I think that what it is trying to say is that if a ship has both LTT and Ordnance Pods, like a 75 for example, and it decides to add in the two dice (from LTT) to attack one squad during its' standard two attacks, it cannot then add those two dice again during the Ordnance Pod attack. If the 75 did not add the two dice originally, when attacks with Ordnance Pods at the end of its' activation, it can add the two dice to attack one squad, but then it cannot attack any other squads for the rest of the Ordnance Pods' attack. That was my interpretation. Still very confusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, is the Ordnance Pods clarification just saying that Gunnery Teams' cannot overrides Ordnance Pods' can? Sort of the same situation between Gunnery Teams and Advanced Gunnery?

 

Also Holy Cow, Chimaera's entry is almost as long as Rieekan's, now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, whokickmydog said:

I think they should have split that paragraph into two to make it less confusing. I think that what it is trying to say is that if a ship has both LTT and Ordnance Pods, like a 75 for example, and it decides to add in the two dice (from LTT) to attack one squad during its' standard two attacks, it cannot then add those two dice again during the Ordnance Pod attack. If the 75 did not add the two dice originally, when attacks with Ordnance Pods at the end of its' activation, it can add the two dice to attack one squad, but then it cannot attack any other squads for the rest of the Ordnance Pods' attack. That was my interpretation. Still very confusing.

It could be. But either way what the FAQ says needs an errata, as being able to resolve that effect during any of your anti-squadron attacks is not the same as "While attacking the first squadron during your activation".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I think LTT just got more confusing. 

Is it possible that the first sentence is referring to the first effect (the reroll one red die) of the card? And the second sentence is referring to the second effect of the card (the add two dice)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ArmadaMatt said:

Is it possible that the first sentence is referring to the first effect (the reroll one red die) of the card? And the second sentence is referring to the second effect of the card (the add two dice)?

That was my first thought, but what makes me think it's not is this:

"The ship with this card equipped can resolve this effect during any of its anti-squadron attacks but can only resolve it once during its activation."

Supposedly you can resolve the first part of the card once per attack, but the second part is the one limiting you to once per activation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

That was my first thought, but what makes me think it's not is this:

"The ship with this card equipped can resolve this effect during any of its anti-squadron attacks but can only resolve it once during its activation."

Supposedly you can resolve the first part of the card once per attack, but the second part is the one limiting you to once per activation.

Ah, good point. Then I dunno!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

It could be. But either way what the FAQ says needs an errata, as being able to resolve that effect during any of your anti-squadron attacks is not the same as "While attacking the first squadron during your activation".

The “first squadron during your activation” is still mandatory. The clarification just notes it doesn’t have to be one of your two standard attacks. Namely, it clarifies it can be used during ordnance pods. 
 

So you can use both attacks on a ship and use LTT on a single squad during the Ordnance Pods attack, but you can’t flak for one of your attacks and then use LTT for your Ordnance Pods attack, as you already have attacked a squadron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArmadaMatt said:

Gunnery Teams: the most selfish of all upgrades.

So if you LTT-boost a direct attack on one squad in your arc and don't flak the others, but instead do a main gunnery team attack from the same arc...you can still ordnance pod all the others later but CANNOT ordnance pod the squad you LTT flak'd.  Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Astrodar said:

The “first squadron during your activation” is still mandatory. The clarification just notes it doesn’t have to be one of your two standard attacks. Namely, it clarifies it can be used during ordnance pods. 
 

So you can use both attacks on a ship and use LTT on a single squad during the Ordnance Pods attack, but you can’t flak for one of your attacks and then use LTT for your Ordnance Pods attack, as you already have attacked a squadron. 

That makes total sense, thanks for the clarification. Altought they could've write it much more clearly to state that. Not saying "The ship with this card equipped can resolve this effect during any of its anti-squadron attacks" but saying that it can be used if that first attack is made outside of that ship's two regular attacks per activation. Saying that it can be used during any anti-squadron attack is very wide, like I could be attacking squadrons and during any one of that attacks I could add the 2 dice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, xanderf said:

So if you LTT-boost a direct attack on one squad in your arc and don't flak the others, but instead do a main gunnery team attack from the same arc...you can still ordnance pod all the others later but CANNOT ordnance pod the squad you LTT flak'd.  Right?

Correct. If Gunnery Teams is equipped to a ship, each squadron or enemy ship attacked by that ship can only be targeted once from that hull zone during its activation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here are the highlights. The following is not everything in there, but most of the big things.

Card Errata

  • Admiral Raddus: Set aside ship can only deploy from flagship, can deploy D1-2.
  • Hyperspace Migration: You can only score every other round.

Rules Errata

  • Exogorth attacks: attack steps are always done by the opposing player of the defending squadron
  • Task Force Setup Area: Obstacles are placed D3 from player edges, D1 from non-player edges
  • Rebellion in the Rim stuff (I'm being lazy)
  • Extreme Range: Evades cancel 2 dice at extreme range

FAQ:

  • If an effect changes an opponents dial, you get to know what the dial was set to first.

Clarifications

  • Surprise Attack: Huge ships must deploy touching the station and back edge. If there is no legal spot, they must touch station and as close to the back edge as possible.
  • Capture VIP: If the VIP ship goes off the edge, the token is dropped in the play area before it is destroyed as close as possible to its final position.
  • Various: If an obstacle must move, but there is no legal spot for it, it doesn't move. (Can be rotated)
  • IG-88B must attack any escorts he is engaged with first. If he is engaged with any escorts after that, he cannot attack anyone else.
  • Aspiration, Pryce, Bail: If something removes the card (like Vader) the effect is lost.
  • Commander Beck: You can spend a dial with her ability.
Edited by Astrodar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Triangular said:

For me it was new that you can't spend a "Thrawn"-dial to get rid of Raid Tokens.

Really? It wasn't neatly spelled out like it is now, but thats been known for well over a year or so now, it was something already in the FAQ, just in a section most people skip over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...