SithLrd88

Sunday Funday Poll: VSD Antennas

Happy Sunday!

Just curious how many peoples VSDs still have their fragile little antennas attached. (BTW, I checked the plural IS antennas-antennae are the bug mouth appendages).

I have two VSDs with antennas slightly bent, and one second hand without completely.

Share your battle damage!

I made a little 3D printed cover to protect all of my victories! I have successfully flow with them and tossed them around in the back of a car with no troubles. I'll upload the design to thingiverse tomorrow if anyone else wants to print out some of their own and keep their plastic spaceships looking awesome.

SafeAntenna.jpg

2 hours ago, BenFF said:

I made a little 3D printed cover to protect all of my victories! I have successfully flow with them and tossed them around in the back of a car with no troubles. I'll upload the design to thingiverse tomorrow if anyone else wants to print out some of their own and keep their plastic spaceships looking awesome.

Classic, Ben.

Posted (edited)

Three VSDs, all of which have just the first stage of their vertical antennas remaining. The really skinny little part snapped off of all of them almost immediately, despite my meticulous efforts to prevent that. The forward-facing sensor boom or fire-control tower or whatever it is on all three is fine.

It’s funny; I was literally looking at those just last night, wondering how many VSDs still had their full antenna complement. Not many, from the sound of things.

Edited by Cpt ObVus

One VSD left over from my original collection, that one is missing both due to an extended stay in the bits box 😂

The two from my current collection are both still in good shape, though I expect that to change if I ever actually use one!

18 hours ago, BenFF said:

SafeAntenna.jpg

I feel like it's one of those cones you get for your dog lol. But good idea nonetheless. 😁