Sign in to follow this  
Joshuarleonard

"New Product(sssss)"

2 hours ago, dysartes said:

That would depend - what would you envisage such an app doing?

Probably what the currently available apps do. Campaign tracking and making the guides more easiliy available.  Deck-building and storing your decks interfacing with ArkhamDB.

@dysartes It would basically be a virtual campaign guide; keeps the campaign log, keeps track of mental/ physical trauma, tracks supplies/ conviction and doubt/ various tally marks. A really good one would automatically supply you with the relevant resolution at the end of each scenario, based on past events. And it would have a chaos bag. It would just be an official version of the now-defunct Arkham Horror LCG app.

18 hours ago, Antimarkovnikov said:

Probably what the currently available apps do. Campaign tracking and making the guides more easiliy available.  Deck-building and storing your decks interfacing with ArkhamDB.

I'm not aware of an up-to-date app that does all those things. The Arkham Horror LCG app tracked campaigns and automated the chaos bag as well as certain scenario resolutions, but it hasn't been updated (in the US at least) since mid- Forgotten Age.

4 hours ago, SGPrometheus said:

I'm not aware of an up-to-date app that does all those things. The Arkham Horror LCG app tracked campaigns and automated the chaos bag as well as certain scenario resolutions, but it hasn't been updated (in the US at least) since mid- Forgotten Age.

...which makes me very sad.  We loved that app.

It actually appears to have been delisted.  Maybe FFG made them take it down because they had similar plans.

Just now, dysartes said:

I wasn't, mainly because I thought this was meant to happen on Thursday...

Someone posted it on Reddit....and I can't find the post now.  Sounds like an article will be up as soon as it's done.

Yeah, I caught the very end of it - the article should be interesting, when it goes up.

Couple of points I caught in the bit I was there for:

• Same price as a mythos pack
  • Described as "60 card decks, with ~80% new cards"
  • Some talk about breaking the 3XP Survivor barrier, though not explicit about whether that was in these decks, just that it was happening.

Now to wait for the article...

Posted (edited)

Pretty much what I was thinking, that they would have cards tailored to them. Did they say anything about releasing core set cards in those packs?

They did say there is a higher than 3pip survivor card coming in the article. 

Edited by Mimi61

Posted (edited)

Jacqueline Fine (Mystic), Harvey Walters (Seeker), Nathaniel Cho (Guardian), Stella Clark (Survivor), and Winifred Habbamock, a Native American Aviatrix (Rogue). 

All are single class, no splash at all (except Neutral).

Completely self-contained, with multiple upgrade paths.

One new basic weakness with each.

A lot of really good cards revealed -- surprisingly powerful, actually.

Cards posted on Reddit by SnakeTaster

Edited by CSerpent

Posted (edited)

That looks a lot like Lily Chen on Clean Them Out! 

It’s not up on Utube yet, so I haven’t seen the first 20 minutes. Did they say anything about Innsmouth at all? Since there are a mixture of new and veteran investigators, investigators and player cards still being released with expansions? 
And do these Investigator packs have any play content built in? 

Edited by Mimi61

A lot of very interesting stuff in there, and the investigators themselves look fairly solid.  Interesting stats and nice abilities, though the limited deckbuilding options may prove limiting.

Winifred is the most exciting to me, especially her signature card. I actually can't wait to play a Rogue for once!

Granny Orne is remarkably combo-tastic and might elevate Silas to the status of omnipotent, godlike-being. I'm just glad someone competes with Peter for that ally slot.

Well... I'm happy.  Jacqueline is one of my absolute favorite Arkham investigators, and her ability looks shockingly good.  I don't love the art, but she looks like she'll be great!

Posted (edited)

Would you play these investigators as much as others with more interesting deck building requirements, or does the single class thing seem too limiting? 
I can see how this would help newcomers feel less overwhelmed and there may be something to say for single class investigators (for those of us with every single released player card), spreading the love in our deck building to class cards we don’t generally use. 
My burning question is, do these come with player content, or are they just decks? 

Edited by Mimi61

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dysartes said:

How many of these are new characters, btw?

3 of them are brand new to the Arkham Files (other than possibly also being released in the new Arkham 3E expansion, as we know Stella is).  Jacqueline and Harvey are veterans to the Arkham files line.

Edited by KBlumhardt

3 minutes ago, Mimi61 said:

Would you play these investigators as much as others with more interesting deck building requirements, or does the single class thing seem too limiting? 

There are a number of solid investigators that we have already who are mono-class for all intents and purposes and they seem to work fine as long as the stats and abilities are there.  At first glance these all seem to have pretty good potential all the way up to outstanding.

Winifred is the only one I'm not sure about, the high agility doesn't enable that much and the "lots of cards" isn't an archetype that I think Rogue supports all that well.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, KBlumhardt said:

Lily doesn't typically wear black/brown... but it's certainly possible!

I could be seeing things that aren’t there, because I want her to be released so much! And I’m getting cabin fever🥴
That Cho turned out to be a guardian, which surprised me, may be a good sign that she is in the works. 
I would be really disappointed if she were released as a single class investigator though. She’s way more complex than that.

Edited by Mimi61

20 minutes ago, KBlumhardt said:

Well... I'm happy.  Jacqueline is one of my absolute favorite Arkham investigators, and her ability looks shockingly good.  I don't love the art, but she looks like she'll be great!

She's a Grotesque Statue only better.

I love the way the mechanics and theme come together on Old Keyring, as soon as you find what the key unlocks it becomes useless.

The .18 Derringer is a bit stranger. Maybe if you fail the Fight test you are too scared to shoot or are looking for a better opportunity?

The new investigators look cool. I particularly like the idea behind Winifred and Stella’s story is really interesting. Jacqueline probably appeals the most to me in terms of her ability though.