Sign in to follow this  
Joshuarleonard

"New Product(sssss)"

2 hours ago, dysartes said:

Hmm - I wonder if he is meant to be the guy swinging the punch on Brute Force...

My thought exactly. I think Mimi is correct with a survivor type class. Brute force seems like it is a perfect fit as well as stunning blow, not without a fight, able-boded...etc. Especially if his weapon choices are intentionally limited.

I don't think we can really type him without a background story though. We've got nothing about his motivations. Guardians are out to protect others most of the time, rogues are less so (but with all the money options in rogue, I wouldn't expect him to go in this category unless he's 'throwing fights' or involved in illegal fights). I don't think we'll see a typical secondary. I would expect another trait based build. Maybe innate?

To label this derogatorily as a cash grab is ridiculous.  We've been asking for better LCG beginner products forever.  The core sets have always been a hard sell to the more casual players.  They are just giving us what we continue to request.  Now potentially someone could pick this up and a standalone scenario and just play the game.  What we are really missing here is a beginner friendly standalone scenario though.  They tend to be all pretty challenging.

Edited by phillos

16 hours ago, CSerpent said:

Whoops!  Someone didn't hear about the delay

Nathaniel Cho the Pugilist (I'd wager).  Well between him and Stella Clark the Mail Carrier, MoM2 needs to up their release cycle so we get all of the investigator minis!

As far as Starter Decks go, the Marvel starter decks have 21 character-specific cards, then 4-7 reprints (so that the deck doesn't suck), then 17-ish new cards from their given class, 4-ish neutral cards, then 9 new cards (a playset (of 3) from each of the other 3 classes).

As I said over on the Shipping Now thread yesterday, I've been really impressed with them so far.  That said, they're building the player card pool and Hero Decks are the only product type (so far spoiled; the campaign box is coming in July) they do that in.  A hero deck is 40+ cards, has a playset of 3, and lost of cards (like allies) are 1-of.

I really, really, want the live stream on this.

Edit: Oh, and hey, a male Asian character, which I've heard a rumbling of requests for!

Edited by Duciris

If they do include a scenario, I’m full steam ahead. I think the rumbled assurances about keeping campaigns in mind however might just be a nod toward xp cards being included for the decks. After all, if you grabbed a starter as a noob and didn’t have many or any other products, your upgrade options would be limiting the accessibility. 

I doubt there will be scenarios but boy would I love the heck out of these if there were. Without them I think I’m going to be fairly annoyed that either I will have to get them all for new player cards or just have a ton of repeat cards with no easy way to remember how many copies of each card I actually own.

The livestream can’t come soon enough.

Edited by Soakman

Tossing  my idea out regarding contents:

• Investigator
  • Signature cards
  • List of cards to include from core box
  • Suggested list of additional cards to include if you have own more. For simplicity, could limit to just "if you expansion xyz, then swap out" 
  • Personalized scenario for them, using just core box + cards in this pack.

Result:

• Prebuilt deck (with potential changes based on which expansions are owned)
  • New scenario to play (albeit keyed to just this investigator)
  • For people who own everything, no duplicated cards.

14 hours ago, Duciris said:

Oh, and hey, a male Asian character, which I've heard a rumbling of requests for!

What about Vincent Lee? Is he not Asian? I honestly can't tell comparing his AH 2nd art to his EH art. Anyways, more representation the better. 

As for the product itself, I'm always excited for new investigators. Also, new players in particular seem really excited for this, which is great news for the long term accessibility and longevity of the game. 

2 hours ago, DarkFate said:

Seeing as people (myself included) are buying novellas for alternate investigators and a short story which can be bought for a few dollars in pdf, I think this investigator pack will be an even better buy than that. 

I disagree. Novellas take much longer to write and edit than I think deck construction and some new cards take to design. Not saying it isn’t difficult but it does not take the same amount of time. I felt the novella pricing was completely fine. Stories are valuable. 

Like i said, the pdf version cost only a few dollars. The story is the same. People are paying the novella price for the cards. I am not saying whether it is worth the price or not but whether people are willing to pay for the packs.

Edited by DarkFate

35 minutes ago, Jurcccy said:

Maybe well get some corrected taboo cards in the mix 😅

I VERY much doubt that.  As they've said several times.  The taboo is optional.  Did you happen to notice they posted this recently?
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/4b/71/4b71c6d8-0317-4a25-afd8-044f379bf970/taboos_17-compressed.pdf

On a totally different product. Anybody heard any whispers about when the Doggos  come out to play? I was kind of expecting an April 1 release, since that’s when Barkham was posted, but with 2 other things releasing that week, it seems unlikely. 

3 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

On a totally different product. Anybody heard any whispers about when the Doggos  come out to play? I was kind of expecting an April 1 release, since that’s when Barkham was posted, but with 2 other things releasing that week, it seems unlikely. 

Someone posted a release from Asmodee saying nothing new will be released until further notice on account of COVID-19.  It sounds like even Dexter and Weaver are on hold.

I was worried about that. I haven’t received my usual email from Asmodee saying it’s preparing to ship. I usually get my pre orders the Saturday before they officially release. 

1 hour ago, CSerpent said:

Someone posted a release from Asmodee saying nothing new will be released until further notice on account of COVID-19.  It sounds like even Dexter and Weaver are on hold.

Ragh!  I was counting on getting the final chapter to Dream-Eaters so I could start it while "grounded."

36 minutes ago, Duciris said:

Ragh!  I was counting on getting the final chapter to Dream-Eaters so I could start it while "grounded."

My partner and I are going to do a mini campaign with the 4 scenarios on the 'dreaming' side of the campaign. Might tide us over for a bit. I still have work during the week so I won't have as much time to kill as some folks are going to have. But maybe that would work for you if you don't mind not playing the full suite first.

4 hours ago, Duciris said:

“Ragh”??  You are a Marvel guy! 
Wait a minute... is that a ruse? Are you actually                   The Penguin — Cleverly hiding your DC loyalties whilst infiltrating Marvel...

Feeling the same Ragh over here. We figured we were safe when we saw The Weaver was shipping, so started the campaign last week. I guess we will have to leave our poor “Wakies” stranded for a while. 

Edited by Mimi61

20 hours ago, Antimarkovnikov said:
21 hours ago, Jurcccy said:

Maybe well get some corrected taboo cards in the mix 😅

I VERY much doubt that.  As they've said several times.  The taboo is optional.  Did you happen to notice they posted this recently?
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/4b/71/4b71c6d8-0317-4a25-afd8-044f379bf970/taboos_17-compressed.pdf

I did and it was intended as a joke. 😁