Sign in to follow this  
Joshuarleonard

"New Product(sssss)"

3 hours ago, Duciris said:

Looks like we'll be receiving an FFG LIVE on the 19th "New Product Announcement".  We'll see if it's for this or the new campaign deluxe.

ffglive_2020-march-schedule.jpg

I think that it's going to be the "New Product(ssssss)"  Otherwise I think it'd say New Cycle Announcement

33 minutes ago, phillos said:

It could be either.  We are due for a new cycle announcement given historical precedent. 

Also given the news today maybe the new product is a Dead Of Winter crossover. 

That would be bizarre, haha. I was pretty shocked that plaid hat lost DoW though. It’s kinda what they built themselves on. Anyway, jokes aside, I wonder if we might see an Arkham Files adventure book game? I think FFG got that line from plaidhat too?

Edited by Soakman

9 hours ago, Soakman said:

That would be bizarre, haha. I was pretty shocked that plaid hat lost DoW though. It’s kinda what they built themselves on. Anyway, jokes aside, I wonder if we might see an Arkham Files adventure book game? I think FFG got that line from plaidhat too?

It sounds like Asmodee gets the rights to the Adventure Book game line at least as a brand.  That goes to Z-Man along with the Mice and Mystics and Stuffed Fables line of products.  FFG seems to get specifically Dead Of Winter. 

That's all from the article on PHG's site.  That's not the entire PHG's catalogue, but it is a good number of their recent successes.  That said Dead Of Winter and Mice and Mystics have been pretty well explored at this point.  So I wonder if PHG had any real further plans for those properties or if they wanted to work on new stuff.  So maybe it's not that big a deal for them to give them up.  Though Mice and Mystics is probably the most shocking to me considering how prolific they've been with that franchise.  It must sell very well. They do keep Ashes and Summoner Wars it seems and those were also foundational game lines for them.

10 hours ago, Antimarkovnikov said:

I think that it's going to be the "New Product(ssssss)"  Otherwise I think it'd say New Cycle Announcement

9 hours ago, phillos said:

It could be either.  We are due for a new cycle announcement given historical precedent. 

The text in the article specifically says it is the announcement for the new product type, so I don’t think it will be about The Innsmouth Conspiracy.

On 2/29/2020 at 10:01 AM, phillos said:

You know.  I forgot that we already got the new cycle announcement more or less with the live stream teaser.  I agree they wouldn't just have a stream for that probably.  It will be the new product Matt was teasing in the last stream.

I'm starting to think that the New Product(ssssss) is something that impacts how the campaign will be released. So they won't announce the campaign before then.

FFG Live just announced the first big box expansion for AH3e (Under Dark Waves) which add Innsmouth and Kingsport tiles and stories to the game.  And that's great and I look forward to it, however, that's the news that affects us:

New investigator: Stella Clark, the Mail Carrier!  A survivor with a Delivery Truck as her signature card.

13 minutes ago, Duciris said:

FFG Live just announced the first big box expansion for AH3e (Under Dark Waves) which add Innsmouth and Kingsport tiles and stories to the game.  And that's great and I look forward to it, however, that's the news that affects us:

New investigator: Stella Clark, the Mail Carrier!  A survivor with a Delivery Truck as her signature card.

Yes! She looks awesome, and more representation for black trans people/gamers. I hope they bring her to the LCG.

Her backstory is Kingsport-y so I don’t know if it would tie on with Conspiracy...

Edited by Soakman

25 minutes ago, Duciris said:

Oh my god she's so cool! That's such an awesome "profession" to add, and I'm totally here for more minority representation in Arkham.

Can't wait to see her debut in the Card Game.

Under Dark Waves is also getting "Ashcan", Silas, & Zoey, along with 4 as-of-yet unnamed returning investigators.

So AH3e is getting there promo ("Ashcan" Pete) a lot sooner than we got Marie!

Edited by Duciris

21 minutes ago, phillos said:

So Stella Clark would be a Survivor right.... maybe Mystic since she's motivated by a mythos element.

Definitely a Survivor. Her class in AH3e is Survivor

I also think her talents would be manipulating the Chaos Bag in some manner. For AH3e, Phil said she'd be able to skip the Mythos draw if she wanted (for a tax). 

Or maybe she shakes things up during the Encounter Phase. That would be new and super interesting. 

Or since she’s a mail carrier maybe she has extra mobility or can take a free draw or resource action for someone at her location.

Look what came in the Mail for you Wendy! A brand new old hunting rifle!

And by came in the mail I mean got lost in the mail... ooops!

I expect a tactic or seeker off class. Shortcut just makes too much sense.

Edited by Soakman

11 minutes ago, Soakman said:

Or since she’s a mail carrier maybe she has extra mobility or can take a free draw or resource action for someone at her location.

Look what came in the Mail for you Wendy! A brand new old hunting rifle!

And by came in the mail I mean got lost in the mail... ooops!

I expect a tactic or seeker off class. Shortcut just makes too much sense.

Her mail truck in AH3e will be able to move her and other investigators (like Leo Anderson does in MoM2e).

On 3/1/2020 at 10:05 PM, Antimarkovnikov said:

I'm starting to think that the New Product(ssssss) is something that impacts how the campaign will be released. So they won't announce the campaign before then

I keep wondering why the new Innsmouth cycle hasn’t been officially announced, since they spoiled it weeks ago now. I’m starting to wonder if maybe they are going to start releasing investigators separately instead of with expansions, starting with Innsmouth, which is why it hasn’t been officially announced. So the new productssss could be Investigator packs. Like the Hero packs for Marvel. I think those are 40 cards right? Basically, an Investigator and new player cards specific to that investigator that can enhance or be a starter deck with some upgraded cards for down the road or for solo play. That would mean FFG can release as many expansions as they want without having to worry about running out of investigators, and newer players coming to the game can get investigators without having to worry about wether a base expansion is in stock.  Every base expansion is out of stock right now on FFG, except Dream Eaters. That means if they can’t find them elsewhere, new players currently have 20 or so fewer investigators to choose from, which could be a deal breaker for some. 

Edited by Mimi61

10 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

So the new productssss could be Investigator packs. Like the Hero packs for Marvel. I think those are 40 cards right? Basically, an Investigator and new player cards specific to that investigator that can enhance or be a starter deck with some upgraded cards for down the road or for solo play.

I like the idea of this. But I think it'd be a bit hard of a sell.  People are willing to by the Hero packs because they like the stories around that hero and want to play as that hero.  There aren't many stories about the Investigators.  And people don't recognize them unless they're super into the FFG Arkham Files universe.

That would mean FFG can release as many expansions as they want without having to worry about running out of investigators...

I do love this idea.  And I'm a bit worried that they will slow down the expansions once they finish all the currently available investigators.  There's only 23 investigators from previous games and the novellas who haven't been released in Deluxe expansions.  And at a rate of 5 per box and assuming they make a few more new ones... That's only 5 more expansions or about 3.33 more years of content.  So if they don't do something, either releasing new investigators or re-releasing old ones... then they're going to run out eventually.

Every base expansion is out of stock right now on FFG, except Dream Eaters.

I think the out of stock issue is more of a supply from China issue than it is something intentional.

Either way I'm really excited to see what they announce on the 19th. JUST FOUR MORE DAYS!