AustinKatan

Looking for Players for one-shot in Austin,TX

Howdy,

This will be cross posted.

I'm looking for a few players to join a one-shot adventure. We are trying to put together a good group for a campaign and want to do a dry run first. We want to play some evening this week.

If you're interested it playing, please reply.

I’m already in one regular every-other Monday night game that we now play on Discord, plus whatever other pickup games I can get into on that same Discord server.

But I would be happy to talk to you about an in-person game here in Austin, if you’re getting another one started.

That's what we're doing. We're looking to play in North Austin. Game Kastle for the one-shot and after that, who knows.

One suggestion was we do it at a restaurant. Then instead of a table fee like a lot of places charge, we could use that same fee to buy an appetizer for the table.  Just don't drop the dice into the dip bowl.

3 hours ago, AustinKatan said:

That's what we're doing. We're looking to play in North Austin. Game Kastle for the one-shot and after that, who knows.

One suggestion was we do it at a restaurant. Then instead of a table fee like a lot of places charge, we could use that same fee to buy an appetizer for the table.  Just don't drop the dice into the dip bowl.

Restaurants have their own noise problem, and probably wouldn’t want us camping there for hours. Besides, they might get upset if I pull out my > 120db Wookiee roar. 🤣

Seriously, there are places in town that are specifically meant for gaming, although they tend to more board gaming oriented. I’ve heard good things about both Emerald Tavern and Vigilante Gaming Bar, but I'm sure there are others. I think we would be fine at any kind of place like that. I haven’t heard anything specific about Game Kastle, but if it’s in that same category, then it think it would be fine.

I do not currently have any particular known times that would be good.

I used to play pool every Thursday night, I could talk to my wife about maybe making that another official game night, albeit playing something other than pool.

Let me check with her and see what I might be able to arrange.

I am actually looking for a regular face-to-face campaign that fits my schedule. Unfortunately I don't get out of work until 7pm on my working days and my Sunday off is generally full and I'm doing a class until 7pm on Thursday (my other day off), But I haven't been able to play in a year and a half so I'm willing to be a bit flexible if needs be.