h0racio

Tantive IV Expansion dial error, will we ever get it?

I reached out to Asmodee in November about my wrong dial and they said they had put me in the waiting list and will notify me when they have the fixed dial in stock. It has now been 4 months and no news, and since they updated their exchange policy it looks like even past tickets are gone. I replied to the Zendesk ticket and got an automatic reply, with a link to a page that doesn't even exist.

[...]

If you purchased a game in the US that has a damaged or missing components, please return to where you originally bought the game for assistance. This is an update from our previous policy - For further information on the new process and more, we have a FAQ available on our website at www.Asmodeena.com/Customer-service-faq

Any idea if we will ever get the dial? Does it mean that I have to reach out to the store where I bought the expansion (4 months ago) and ask them to deal with it?

i had a problem with them with the new ghost and the peg
they did post the replacement   but it took ages 

why not just print a replacement dial from this post from last november and be done with it 

Edited by FlashBackJack
fat fingers

I hate to say it, but it’s starting to look about as likely as them fixing the 1.0 c-Roc blue line fiasco.

Seems the corporate overlords have plans to sell, and that means gotta cut off every last thing that costs money.

At least the cr90 is technically playable even if it requires a chart to resolve. You should see the salt that got unleashed over in the Legion board: unlike xwing where the mini is one piece, those buggers come in parts and sometimes (3 times so far for me) a part is missing in the new box! I can’t imagine being that poor soul missing a dude’s arm and having to be out the product.

Odds are not good, you never know though...I’m wondering if they will just ship the incorrect dial with all of the new Tantive ships they release, or if they’ll just keep shipping the incorrect dial?

3 minutes ago, h0racio said:

Yeah I'm not very hopeful, I was just curious if anyone had received theirs.

I’ve not heard of anyone with it. I don’t even think borderline shills like Crabbok have theirs (sorry man, It’s not personal but I really disagree with the take on this policy and can’t come up with any other explanation for defending it)

On 2/21/2020 at 5:34 PM, h0racio said:

I reached out to Asmodee in November about my wrong dial and they said they had put me in the waiting list and will notify me when they have the fixed dial in stock. It has now been 4 months and no news, and since they updated their exchange policy it looks like even past tickets are gone. I replied to the Zendesk ticket and got an automatic reply, with a link to a page that doesn't even exist.

Any idea if we will ever get the dial? Does it mean that I have to reach out to the store where I bought the expansion (4 months ago) and ask them to deal with it?

My game store is going out of business and I bought the ship many months ago as well..... so I guess I am just out of luck. For a miniature that costs retail $100, a cardboard dial should be corrected. In the end FF is just another business that doesn't seem to care much about their customers.

2 hours ago, serlach21 said:

My game store is going out of business and I bought the ship many months ago as well..... so I guess I am just out of luck. For a miniature that costs retail $100, a cardboard dial should be corrected. In the end FF is just another business that doesn't seem to care much about their customers.

Asmodee actually has been really dang good about missing dials, components, etc. I lost my VCX back in days of First Edition, and I contacted them asking if I could just purchase the dial, and they gave me one free of charge. There was one particular lady from Asmodee's support (Brenda, maybe?) that got a lot of praise because of how well things were typically handled.

The Tantive dial is it own incident as they would need to print the new dials to get distributed as they don't have years of spares lying around. Admittedly, I would think they could have at least given us an update by now.

16 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Asmodee actually has been really dang good about missing dials, components, etc. I lost my VCX back in days of First Edition, and I contacted them asking if I could just purchase the dial, and they gave me one free of charge. There was one particular lady from Asmodee's support (Brenda, maybe?) that got a lot of praise because of how well things were typically handled.

The Tantive dial is it own incident as they would need to print the new dials to get distributed as they don't have years of spares lying around. Admittedly, I would think they could have at least given us an update by now.

I think the problem is that other dials have different movements on them, not just the same set in different colors. This is the first time all legal moves are present on a dial that was shipped, they are just of differing colors than they are supposed to be.

No dial or wrong dial among non huge ships = easiest fix is new dial because no way they can possibly fix it any other way

Wrong dial on a huge ship = laziest and easiest fix was publishing a chart and a “whoops our bad”. Thus, they did it.

Would it be "legal" (as in valid game component during an official tournament) to use a "fixed" dial?
We can color the missing blues and reds with sharpie pens, and I guess the missing whites with a tippex pen? Would that be allowed?

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

laziest and easiest fix was publishing a chart and a “whoops our bad”. Thus, they did it.

Easiest? Yes. Fastest, too. Laziest? Only if they don't make good on the replacement dials. It might be worth considering that the person handling the dial replacement may have been let go in the recent downsizing (as the new way to get returns/replacements has me believing) which could have got things lost in the shuffle.

I am at a loss for recourse if the links that they provide are dead as @h0racio says. Perhaps trying a general email address or phone number?

3 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Easiest? Yes. Fastest, too. Laziest? Only if they don't make good on the replacement dials. It might be worth considering that the person handling the dial replacement may have been let go in the recent downsizing (as the new way to get returns/replacements has me believing) which could have got things lost in the shuffle.

And if that’s true, I guarantee it will never happen. They’re not replacing any of that work.