JBFancourt

[HS, Rebel] The Anti-Fang Is Here (Season 1 Results!)

I’m tired of this hyper fang meta! 😜 Whaddya think? Hyperspace list meta only consideration:

Syrup?

(80) Han Solo [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]

(79) Lando Calrissian [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(5) Nien Nunb

(36) Jake Farrell [RZ-1 A-wing]

Total points: 200

Strengths: Don’t have to fly at the enemy, turret side arcs, stay out of range 1, beefy, crazy action economy, crazy modded shots, good initiative, counters some popular meta lists. 

Weaknesses: I think swarms, not sure.

Not much to change really. Been fairly successful so far. Friend is flying Han, 2 X Vets, and Arvel. 

Thoughts? Feel free to hate on fangs in this thread. Lol. 😜

Edited by JBFancourt

Sadly, in HS, there's no Moff Jerjerrod which might help Oicunn catch a highly mobile Fang fighter, and there's also no Ciena Ree which might enable a surprising maneuver by another ship. There's just the Grand Inquisitor which might coordinate a barrel roll.

Speaking of mobility in general: all factions have at least one ship with the boost action, except for CIS and - yes, the empire (!).

On 2/22/2020 at 3:52 AM, Laniakean_Guy said:

Speaking of mobility in general: all factions have at least one ship with the boost action, except for CIS and - yes, the empire (!).

😵 Trying to figure out what you mean by this... 🧐 Off the top of my head CIS has the Belbullab and imperials have the classic TIE interceptor. Did you mean ships in Hyperspace? (I guess that makes sense for a hyperspace topic)

Edited by nitrobenz

31 minutes ago, JBFancourt said:

Yes this was a hyperspace thread... 

Sorry for the derail 😓 I generally suggest putting a [HS] or [hyperspace] tag (vs [ext] or [extended] otherwise) in the thread title so people skimming the forums know what they're looking at at a glance.

1 hour ago, nitrobenz said:

Sorry for the derail 😓 I generally suggest putting a [HS] or [hyperspace] tag (vs [ext] or [extended] otherwise) in the thread title so people skimming the forums know what they're looking at at a glance.

It’s okay. I guess, generally, it’s still good against extended fangs too lol. Mainly I was just ranting haha.  😜

So starting with the base list of Han, Lando w/Nien, and Jake. It seems worthwhile to trade Jake for Intimidation Arvel since he can hit the Fangs more easily than others while also denying their action which should help at the longer ranges in addition to the reduced agility.

Unfortunately that costs 1pt more so you would have to either cut Nien or downgrade Han to Leia to keep those extra blues. I just wish there was room for an Informant so you could assure that block against their Ace...

If you also downgrade the A-wing all the way to Phoenix Squad you lose that third attack, but you gain a more reliable intimidator. It could just fit those three upgrades like so:

RA.hyper Double Falcon +A

(79) Leia Organa [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(5) Informant

(79) Lando Calrissian [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(5) Nien Nunb

(29) Phoenix Squadron Pilot [RZ-1 A-wing]
(3) Intimidation

Total points: 200

@nitrobenz

Actually, I’ve had good success operating this list as a two ship list, keeping Jake entirely out of the fight to farm double mods for my Falcons while they still boost/rotate their turrets. 

Han is just too good to give up IMHO. Always on mods similar in power to force that never runs out, plus the I6.

I fly Jake very similarly to Akhter Kahn in the AUS Sys Open Final Game against XY where he flew Wedge Luke Jake.  

I will bring Jake into the fight at the opportune moment, but well on into the match.

Even assuming Intimidation Arvel fit into the list, I’m unsure if I’d change it. 

Typically, I fly my extended Double Falcons with Perceptive Copilot/Bistan Han. But I had to adjust for Hyperspace.  

https://youtu.be/OO5TGUGlUAM

3 minutes ago, JBFancourt said:

Actually, I’ve had good success operating this list as a two ship list, keeping Jake entirely out of the fight to farm double mods for my Falcons while they still boost/rotate their turrets. 

Experience speaks more than theory, thanks for the follow up :) i can see how that makes sense and the points do line up for better falcons that way.

28 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

Experience speaks more than theory, thanks for the follow up :) i can see how that makes sense and the points do line up for better falcons that way.

Well we’ll see.... I’ll let everyone know how I fair at our Store Event. 

Edited by JBFancourt

Good News, Bad News:

Just finished my Store Champs Season 1 event. 13 players, not a bad turnout but not as much as for a worlds invite chance. Closer to 40 with the invite.

My overall thoughts: The build is solid. In the Swiss, I won 3 games, tied my 4th and lost on final salvo. 😁 It was fun tho cuz it was my good friend. And he was flying Han, 2x, Arvel. He had played against my build, and I against his, so we knew our tricks. 😝

Everyone else, I feinted the joust and then did the ol 2 hard turn away, and drug them around the toilet bowl constantly flying away. 

We cut to Top 4 and I placed 3rd. BUT... I had a headache and wanted to see my family. I already had all the FO prizes galore, and it wasn’t worth 3 more hours for a challenge coin. 

I conceded my spot at the semi-final table, took my prizes, got home, snuggled by sweet babies, and took some pain killers! 😜😝👍

Fun Day!