RStan

Upcoming Rules Reference Update

1 minute ago, RyantheFett said:

Okay so I am a bit confused on the Wedge card. Does that mean now that he gives a free pivot every turn or do you still got to refresh? That what it seems like, but want to be sure....... The airspeeder could use all the help it can get.

It's a free pivot that exhausts. Don't know how useful that'll actually end up being.

Looks like Boba Fett got nerfed, though I'm not exactly sure why. 

Page 25:

If a unit may perform an attack with a weapon on a command card, it cannot use the arsenal x keyword  to add additional weapons to the attack pool; the attack must be made only with the weapon on the 
command card.

24 minutes ago, SoonerTed said:

Page 25:

If a unit may perform an attack with a weapon on a command card, it cannot use the arsenal x keyword  to add additional weapons to the attack pool; the attack must be made only with the weapon on the 
command card.

Does that mean split fire with Arsenal is available? I still don't get why Boba got nerfed. How often is he in competitive play?

28 minutes ago, SoonerTed said:

Page 25:

command card.

Boba’s Cards add a weapon. Grevious’ Card preforms an attack. I think that rule is meant to clarify that he can only attack with that attack and not Arsenal in one of his other weapons. Veers and Leia also preform attacks-- however, since neither have Arsenal (or the range band to combine attacks), it’s never been an issue. 

So Boba is not affected by this ruling

Edited by Matroskin

2 minutes ago, Matroskin said:

Boba’s Cards add a weapon. Grevious’ Card preforms an attack. I think that rule is meant to clarify that he can only attack with that attack and not Arsenal in one of his other weapons. Veers and Leia also preform attacks-- however, since neither have Arsenal (or the range band to combine attacks), it’s never been an issue. 

That wording isn't clear to me. "If a unit may perform an attack with a weapon" says to me that if the weapon is eligible and in range.  What am I missing?

38 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

It's a free pivot that exhausts. Don't know how useful that'll actually end up being.

Is this worse? The old Wedge card gave a full pivot keyword, essentially, for one turn.  A free pivot is not the 180 degree pivot the card used to give.

40 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

True, it saves an action on the turn its used, but now you only go half-way (90 degrees, not a full 180). Kind of a side grade, more useful if you’re taking something else that exhausts (HQ uplink)

46 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I feel that it's alot more useful than full pivot. You could comp move- free pivot-aim-shoot. Or comp move-move-pivot-shoot. Helps with moving faster while still shooting.

I mean the airspeeder might never be top tier, but point cost combined with small erratas like this makes it fun and at least effective at it's role as an fast high impact flanker

I have played with wedge + coms jammer and while the full pivot can help, most times the standard pivot is enough combined with the comp move. Sure you get no more x-wing k turns, but I much rather take a free action action that's very usable over a situational fun card.

Edited by jocke01

Let’s look at the whole Paragraph + bullet points:

• Some command cards contain weapon profiles. Typically there are two ways these weapon profiles can be used: a unit specified by the command card gains the weapon on the card and can use it during its activation, or a unit specified by the command card may perform an attack using the weapon on the card at the end of its activation.

»» If a unit gains a weapon from a command card, that weapon is treated as though it is on the unit's unit card.

»» If a unit gains a weapon from a command card, a counterpart that is a part of that unit does not gain that weapon, unless otherwise stated by a card effect.

»» If a unit may perform an attack with a weapon on a command card, it cannot use the arsenal x keyword to add additional weapons to the attack pool; the attack must be made only with the weapon on the command card.

»» If a unit may perform an attack with a weapon on a command card, it must be able to perform an attack of the type specified by the range icon of the weapon. An engaged trooper unit cannot perform ranged attacks, unless the weapon has the versatile keyword.

Opening paragraph does spell out that some give weapons to use, and other special attacks (at end of activation). Bullet point 1 applies to Boba. Bullet 3 applies to Grevious.  In terms of understanding the mind of developers, many 1-pip card grant extra attacks. This ruling is meant to clarify that this “extra” attack does have limitations (because Grevious has Arsenal 2). When Boba uses his card, he gains an extra weapon for that round, and can choose how (or if) to use it.

5 minutes ago, Matroskin said:

Let’s look at the whole Paragraph + bullet points:

• Some command cards contain weapon profiles. Typically there are two ways these weapon profiles can be used: a unit specified by the command card gains the weapon on the card and can use it during its activation, or a unit specified by the command card may perform an attack using the weapon on the card at the end of its activation.

»» If a unit gains a weapon from a command card, that weapon is treated as though it is on the unit's unit card.

»» If a unit gains a weapon from a command card, a counterpart that is a part of that unit does not gain that weapon, unless otherwise stated by a card effect.

»» If a unit may perform an attack with a weapon on a command card, it cannot use the arsenal x keyword to add additional weapons to the attack pool; the attack must be made only with the weapon on the command card.

»» If a unit may perform an attack with a weapon on a command card, it must be able to perform an attack of the type specified by the range icon of the weapon. An engaged trooper unit cannot perform ranged attacks, unless the weapon has the versatile keyword.

Opening paragraph does spell out that some give weapons to use, and other special attacks (at end of activation). Bullet point 1 applies to Boba. Bullet 3 applies to Grevious.  In terms of understanding the mind of developers, many 1-pip card grant extra attacks. This ruling is meant to clarify that this “extra” attack does have limitations (because Grevious has Arsenal 2). When Boba uses his card, he gains an extra weapon for that round, and can choose how (or if) to use it.

Thank you for explaining that so clearly.

Edited by SoonerTed

53 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

Thanks!!

12 minutes ago, Derrault said:

True, it saves an action on the turn its used, but now you only go half-way (90 degrees, not a full 180). Kind of a side grade, more useful if you’re taking something else that exhausts (HQ uplink)

Maybe it will be good for future rebel stuff? I also find both vehicles for rebels to be.... not that good?

I have played more games with the airspeeder then it deserves. The problem for it is that it dies to a stiff breeze, but really wants to get behind enemy lines to hit stuff  without cover and in weakpoints. If the meta turns to tanks, rockets, and ion it will really suffer. Points seem about right, but it still missing something. I do like to think they someday will make the airspeeder good......

Landspeeder is fine lol.

30 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

I have played more games with the airspeeder then it deserves. The problem for it is that it dies to a stiff breeze, but really wants to get behind enemy lines to hit stuff  without cover and in weakpoints. If the meta turns to tanks, rockets, and ion it will really suffer. Points seem about right, but it still missing something. I do like to think they someday will make the airspeeder good......

Agreed. Simple, additional errata would be to make the T47's main at least range 4...

1 hour ago, veiv said:

Agreed. Simple, additional errata would be to make the T47's main at least range 4...

Armor hasn't really been competitive until perhaps now, but at least the AT ST and the occupier tank have seen some higher tier play, rebels have not had that at all, the landspeeder saw maybe 5 mins of fun with Sabine and maybe might see some with R2 , however nothing these rolls are as transport for their relevant passengers.

6 hours ago, Kirjath08 said:

I think the main difference between STAPs and the usual Speeder repulsorcraft is that STAPs are capable of a variety of maneuvers that the others can't really do (and at much higher altitudes).

In terms of Legion rules, I imagine they function/move a lot like the Airspeeder (immune to melee and stuff, but still a Speeder), but with strafing capabilities (moving side to side like the new tanks).

Giving them strafe would require a new base with notches in the side. No out of the realms of possibility, but I'd say pretty unlikely.

5 hours ago, SoonerTed said:

Is this worse? The old Wedge card gave a full pivot keyword, essentially, for one turn.  A free pivot is not the 180 degree pivot the card used to give.

It's better. If you want the old effect, you just spend one of your actions on another pivot. If all you want is one pivot, then you're good to go with your other action free to aim or whatever.

6 hours ago, veiv said:

Ohhh, I like that one. No idea what the wanted the airspeeder to be, but I like to think they now have the option to make it super offensive or super defensive.

Give it offensive surge or blast and make it into a glass cannon.

Or improve it's defense with range 4 or red dice so that it can stand up to something.

4 hours ago, syrath said:

but at least the AT ST and the occupier tank have seen some higher tier play, rebels have not had that at all, the landspeeder saw maybe 5 mins of fun with Sabine and maybe might see some with R2 , however nothing these rolls are as transport for their relevant passengers.

My friend loves Empire heavies and while they have never been the best they have been fun for him. Rebel heavies I think are bad and not all that fun to play (look cool thought).

I know it's a personal opnion, but hopefully they make some quality of life improvements. Especially if the Clone Wars heavies are as much fun as they look.

Guys, something is ticking me the wrong way with the new RRG.

The old one has this line, regarding melee and units:

old-melee.png

But the new one has this:

new-melee.png

The older one makes it clear you cannot do this following scenario:

scenario.png

But the new one doesn't; it seems it only relates to the cohesion part.

Was that a deliberate change? Or am I reading it wrong?

Edited by Vector Strike

8 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

My friend loves Empire heavies and while they have never been the best they have been fun for him. Rebel heavies I think are bad and not all that fun to play (look cool thought).

I know it's a personal opnion, but hopefully they make some quality of life improvements. Especially if the Clone Wars heavies are as much fun as they look.

I have had fun with the AT-ST. I haven’t gotten my t47 out on the board yet. :( 

I enjoy the look of the landspeeder, but I certainly agree it doesn’t look great gameplay wise.

The CW tanks look amazing. I’d be terrified of messing up that paint job though... going to look really really good or really really bad. Either way, they look like they completely outclass the GCW heavies, and that gives me some concern.

10 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

Giving them strafe would require a new base with notches in the side. No out of the realms of possibility, but I'd say pretty unlikely.

It's better. If you want the old effect, you just spend one of your actions on another pivot. If all you want is one pivot, then you're good to go with your other action free to aim or whatever.

They have done plenty of new bases. I think it’s entirely possible. Especially because they are new class of vehicle (hover air in RRG). I’m thinking it’s less unlikely than you’re giving it credit for.

Re: pivot - I thought aside from standard move, you could only do 1 action type? Ie shoot once, aim once, etc. pivot is not a standard move, so wouldn’t you be limited to the rule of doing it once? Just get to do it for free instead of one of two actions.

5 hours ago, NeverTellMeTheOdds said:

Hope they don’t jack with the point costs of units people have spent money on already... how about making some of the other units better... *cough* pathfinders *cough* 

Pathfinders weapon is free now. That’s still not enough? (I do not have them nor do my friends in the play group so statement is untested).

A mini can not move a unit.... Seems to be to lock "force push" (or similar)

A mini equiped with that power can not move a unit in base contact with another one.

4 hours ago, Vector Strike said:

Guys, something is ticking me the wrong way with the new RRG.

The old one has this line, regarding melee and units:

old-melee.png

But the new one has this:

new-melee.png

The older one makes it clear you cannot do this following scenario:

scenario.png

But the new one doesn't; it seems it only relates to the cohesion part.

Was that a deliberate change? Or am I reading it wrong?

A mini equiped with that power can not move a unit in base contact with another one.

4 minutes ago, Krakus said:

A mini equiped with that power can not move a unit in base contact with another one.

Uh? Force Push can move a unit in base contact with another, as long as the unit leader of the pushed unit does that. Nothing in the new line changes that.

What it cannot do (at least with the old line) is to move that unit in base contact to 2+ units

Edited by Vector Strike

8 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I enjoy the look of the landspeeder, but I certainly agree it doesn’t look great gameplay wise.

The CW tanks look amazing. I’d be terrified of messing up that paint job though... going to look really really good or really really bad. Either way, they look like they completely outclass the GCW heavies, and that gives me some concern.

They have done plenty of new bases. I think it’s entirely possible. Especially because they are new class of vehicle (hover air in RRG). I’m thinking it’s less unlikely than you’re giving it credit for.

Re: pivot - I thought aside from standard move, you could only do 1 action type? Ie shoot once, aim once, etc. pivot is not a standard move, so wouldn’t you be limited to the rule of doing it once? Just get to do it for free instead of one of two actions.

Pathfinders weapon is free now. That’s still not enough? (I do not have them nor do my friends in the play group so statement is untested).

The ability to start a unit at an objective seems superb, almost regardless of any other stats. Just compare them to Rebel Commandos. Superior defense, offense, and placement for 8 points. 

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

They’re still not good... 

There’s still no reason to take them over taun tauns.

Edited by NeverTellMeTheOdds