RStan

Upcoming Rules Reference Update

The one real surprise for me is that they didn't nerf Ram X. The Creature Trooper engagement change is great (and should have been that way from the beginning), but also nerfs Dewbacks, which already weren't particularly popular- certainly not on the level of Tauntauns. I feel that making Ram a reroll instead of a set crit would have brought the two units more in line, if even only slightly. 

Love these erratas.

Stoppning the order combo withouting removing coms relay form the game

Tauntauns still Good, but can't unit jump in close combat and speed 3 move from unit to unit.

Wedge is a free action! This is perfect for the airspeeder that needs all the free actions it can get and rarely use the 180 pivot.

Love this, nice surgical rules erratas.

3 minutes ago, jocke01 said:

Love these erratas.

Stoppning the order combo withouting removing coms relay form the game

Tauntauns still Good, but can't unit jump in close combat and speed 3 move from unit to unit.

Wedge is a free action! This is perfect for the airspeeder that needs all the free actions it can get and rarely use the 180 pivot.

Love this, nice surgical rules erratas.

I couldn't agree more.

58 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

Page 60, under Premeasuring

It doesn't specifically say you have to measure from a model. Does that mean we can measure from any point on the battlefield?

Just now, lologrelol said:

It doesn't specifically say you have to measure from a model. Does that mean we can measure from any point on the battlefield?

I suppose so. This would allow you to pre-measure double moves or the range from a potential destination.

2 hours ago, Lochlan said:

The one real surprise for me is that they didn't nerf Ram X.

They kind of did, indirectly.  Now that Tauntauns cannot simply move out of melees, they can’t reliably Ram every round.  I agree, though, that Ram shouldn’t really be able to turn blanks to crits.

4 minutes ago, Empire On Ice said:

And still not printer friendly. 🤨

I’ll be working on that (just converted the “spread” format to “pages” format).

I like the changes I’ve seen-- clean fixes. Making the Creature and Emplacement troopers have more similar rules helps. I also appreciated how they specified various abilities if they are a move, standard move or move-x-- and whether or not it triggered other events/ actions. As more and more interactions and new keywords appear, having that kind of clarity really helps.

2 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

And more importantly, it says some Droid Trooper units will be able to hover. If only I could think of a hovering droid...

2 hours ago, thepopemobile100 said:

HMP Gunship confirmed.

1 hour ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Alternately, Probe droids and 1D-10.

1 hour ago, Caimheul1313 said:

The Wookiee ornithopters also likely fall under "Hover: Air." Hard to say what other units FFG might pull in, or what might be created in Season 7/Cassian. 

Most likely the Hover: Air X is intended for the leaked CIS STAP unit

3 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

*Forehead smack* right, entirely forgot about those. Doesn't preclude hover: ground probe droids though. It makes sense to add the rule now rather than wait and have to have yet another update.

17 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

That is definitely possible, but they seem more like Speeders to me. Do we ever see them hover in place in combat? 

7 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

That is definitely possible, but they seem more like Speeders to me. Do we ever see them hover in place in combat? 

I vaguely recall seeing them used at high altitude in a The Clone Wars episode, to park and step off of. I could just be making that up however.

24 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

I think the main difference between STAPs and the usual Speeder repulsorcraft is that STAPs are capable of a variety of maneuvers that the others can't really do (and at much higher altitudes).

In terms of Legion rules, I imagine they function/move a lot like the Airspeeder (immune to melee and stuff, but still a Speeder), but with strafing capabilities (moving side to side like the new tanks).

Edited by Kirjath08

STAP, HMP, etc would all still be Vehicles - my original point was that the section specifically calls out a Droid Trooper, which would only be Corps or SpecForce or something - Droidekas are Ground Vehicles even. 

But yes, STAPs are able to scoot like speeders but also hover in place and pivot to fire, so it's possible they'll be Hover: Air X instead of Speeder. 

Okay so I am a bit confused on the Wedge card. Does that mean now that he gives a free pivot every turn or do you still got to refresh? That what it seems like, but want to be sure....... The airspeeder could use all the help it can get.

Like the nurfs to shores and tauntans. Play a lot of rebels and that should lower some of the crazy bs those units can do, but not destory them.... May still need to go up a few.