RStan

Upcoming Rules Reference Update

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/29/5a/295a5473-0126-4a90-b139-5d5bdcbbab04/swl_rules_reference_16_eng-compressed.pdf

!!!!!

I personally don't have time to bullet point all this stuff to quickly provide an overview. Myself and I'm pretty sure many others will appreciate the effort for whoever is up for it. 

Card wise:

• Commanding presence reads: When issuing orders, you can issue orders at range 1-4
    • Looks to me like any future proofing should condition cards reduce your range of issuing orders.
  • Comms Relay got changed to Non-Emplacement Trooper only
  • Wedge got a buff. He now performs a free pivot.

I'll sift through the rest and post what I find interesting.

Edited by thepopemobile100

Just now, RStan said:

How I thought it said only "Non-emplacement Troopers" and there aren't any emplacement troopers in CIS. 

Was this already changed once? I thought the wording on the card read "When you would be issued an order, you may choose a friendly unit at range 1-2. Issue an order to the chosen unit instead." 

Now it also says that you cant be issued an order again. I was going to put B2s in the center of my line, use comm relay to bounce coordinated orders to the other side of my line, then back to center so the B2s could get orders last. (Also good to combo with OOMs to patch holes in lines).

The way it stands now I could bounce an order, but even if I ended up back in range of Coordinate, I couldn't be issued an order again.

• Units being transported can gain tokens, but can't spend them.
  • Climbing, clambering, embarking, disembarking, pivoting, reversing, and strafing don't give aim tokens with tactical
    • Seems straightforward to me. Those aren't standard moves.
  • Units that are panicked that have spur, jump, and reposition must use those keywords when routing
  • Smoke now improves cover by 1 like it should've to begin with.
  • Small is now a keyword. I assume D10 will have it. Looks like it'll make targeting minis in a unit that have small will be difficult. Like inconspicuous.
  • Premeasuring is now allowed with both the range ruler and movement template
  • Spending dodges to use Outmaneuver cannot proc any other effects with that dodge token.
    • Don't think there is any other effect possible right now, but future proofing.
  • Creature troopers cannot climb, clamber, and must withdraw like any other trooper unit now (Tauntaun nerf)
  • Marksman allows you to change one blank to a hit, or a hit to a crit per aim token spent.
  • Long Shot allows you to spend an aim token to increase a weapon's range by X value.
  • Loadout allows you to swap out upgrades that you have equipped for equal cost or cheaper upgrades of the same kind.
    • It doesn't look like you pay for the swapped upgrade, which is why they have to be the same or cheaper in value.
  • Incognito prevents you from being attack beyond range one. If you do an attack, defend, or an objective related action you lose Incognito.
    • Standing next to an objective doesn't make you lose incognito, which still allows you to score points on transmissions and breakthrough for instance without breaking incognito.
    • K-2SO will almost certainly have this.
  • Immune: Enemy Effects means you can't be debuffed. Pretty straight forward.
  • Hover: Ground/Air X is what we thought it was. Movement is like a speeder and gets/gives cover like a ground vehicle.
  • The X icon that we saw on some of the upgrade cards with the hostage pack are one time use upgrades.
  • Covert Ops is very straight forward. Convert the unit to an operative. If you have no commander now, you must immediately nominate one from a Corp or Special Forces unit.

Those are the ones I found interesting. There's also some stuff with the new objectives being released, but I opted out putting those here. Nothing about any new method of determining legal attacks (sorry ARCs, but not today). Nice to see a fairly big nerf to both Tauntauns and Shoretroopers.

Edited by thepopemobile100
I'll keep posting on this when I find stuff

1 minute ago, VermillionDe said:

Was this already changed once? I thought the wording on the card read "When you would be issued an order, you may choose a friendly unit at range 1-2. Issue an order to the chosen unit instead." 

Now it also says that you cant be issued an order again. I was going to put B2s in the center of my line, use comm relay to bounce coordinated orders to the other side of my line, then back to center so the B2s could get orders last. (Also good to combo with OOMs to patch holes in lines).

The way it stands now I could bounce an order, but even if I ended up back in range of Coordinate, I couldn't be issued an order again.

How many u plan ion running/y not put them at the end of the line? Genuinely curious/asking?

Just now, lunitic501 said:

How many u plan ion running/y not put them at the end of the line? Genuinely curious/asking?

Im only planning on running one, with several units of b1s. However, they're more durable and dangerous than b1s, so I'd want them located centrally to hold the line and draw fire. Also the HA weapon has blast and impact, I'd like them to have the  maximum ability to hit opposing units, which generally makes them being central helpful 

5 minutes ago, VermillionDe said:

It’s always been you can’t receive an order after using comms relay...

Just now, shuntley said:

It’s always been you can’t receive an order after using comms relay...

Not what it says on the physical card, or on the wiki. If it came out in an earlier faqs then I just missed it.

1 minute ago, VermillionDe said:

Not what it says on the physical card, or on the wiki. If it came out in an earlier faqs then I just missed it.

It’s been discussed into the ground and commented on by LJ Pena who is a rules guru that it could never be done

Just now, shuntley said:

It’s been discussed into the ground and commented on by LJ Pena who is a rules guru that it could never be done

Well that sucks. I guess its good they updated the card because without interacting with the community I never would have known.

22 minutes ago, VermillionDe said:

That's never worked.

Sorry for double post, but I had a question about my reading of Beam. 

So lets say there are three enemy units lined up from right to left, and I choose to attack with Sabre tank, targeting the leftmost unit with the Beam weapon and the center unit with the main weapon. Now, as far as I'm aware the initial attack pools are resolved in the order of the active players choosing, correct? So after resolving the attack with the main gun, I now resolve the attack with the Beam weapon. After resolving the Beam weapon's initial attack, I target the unit in the center with one of the generated "extra attacks." Does this lead to two suppression on the center unit, or should the additional attack been resolved as part of the same dice pool as the main weapon? 

Covert Ops can allow you to effectively have no Commander and appoint a new one (great for Cassian and Operative Luke).

Incognito is likely to apply to K2, essentially stealth if you do neutral actions only.

Long Shot: Spend aims to increase range (new keyword)

Marksman as expected

Small applies to Idens Droid, ignored for line of site of only one on show.

As a Taun player I feel like this is a fair nerf. No more engagement swimming; you gotta be smarter using melee as a shield.

Super glad they keep the rest of their keywords. I still foresee a point increase in June

48 minutes ago, VermillionDe said:

Now it also says that you cant be issued an order again.

This has always been true, it just wasn't on the card. There's a section in the RRG that says a unit can never receive another order even if the initial one was passed on to someone else instead. They're just making it abundantly clear by putting it on the card because it was a very common question.