Sign in to follow this  
ricoratso

Naboo Styled Bases (would like some help)

Hello everybody!

I've been pretty big into Legion since release and I've slowly been working on getting my models looking good and improving my paint techniques. I believe I'm at a comfortable skill level and have begun looking at basing techniques.

I'm mostly wondering what type of hobby grass, or grass powder, or what I should use to make my bases be Naboo themed? I'm going for a Great Grass Plains theme where the Gungans fought the Trade Federation droids. I think the green grass really pops and makes the tan, sort of dull droids stand out. I'm just asking for your opinions on what basing technique I should use to get the desired result. 

I haven't seen anybody base their minis this way yet, but I may have just missed the topic.

TLDR: Should I use green turf that I sprinkle on the base? Grass mat sheets that I cut out into circles onto my bases? Or should I go with GamersGrass tufts and just grab a ton of the trays to base my whole army?

Thanks for the advice and help :)

Rico