Dardura

New Releases for February 28th

In the web are scheduled for Feb 28th the phase II, the B2 and the tank for the republic (not the AAT, which is for February, not with a specific day).

Any hint on this? Are still worldwide releases the politics for the company? Because spanish website simply says "1T"...

As far as I know, the worldwide release thing is a Lucas Film Group/Disney thing and hasn't changed. Asmodee just keeps having distribution problems. (I blame Asmodee since they've also been having issues with A Song of Ice and Fire, another Asmodee distributed product, at least in North America).

Got my shipping notice & full credit card charge from FFG pre-order this week. With all my other pre-orders they only charge when the product is actually about to ship out. I only ordered the Phase 2 clones though. 

Just now, JediPartisan said:

I ordered one of each, so now my order will be on hold until the AAT gets there.😢

Sometimes it doesn’t pay to try to avoid shipping fees by adding everything together.😒

One benefit to being able to pre-order at a FLGS (which I know is not an option for everyone, having previously lived in an area with zero gaming stores). 

11 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

One benefit to being able to pre-order at a FLGS (which I know is not an option for everyone, having previously lived in an area with zero gaming stores). 

All of my FLGSs don’t want to carry any FFG products, because if they order a small amount there is a fee. I think they have to order $250 worth of merch, so they either don’t bother, or they wait until all their stock is almost gone to replenish. Of course that means they never have the new stuff cause it usually sells out, then I have to wait 6 months for the reprint. I’d love to order from my FLGS, but it’s just not practical with Asmodee’s model of business.☹️

14 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

All of my FLGSs don’t want to carry any FFG products, because if they order a small amount there is a fee. I think they have to order $250 worth of merch, so they either don’t bother, or they wait until all their stock is almost gone to replenish. Of course that means they never have the new stuff cause it usually sells out, then I have to wait 6 months for the reprint. I’d love to order from my FLGS, but it’s just not practical with Asmodee’s model of business.☹️

I didn't mean my initial comment as a judgement, just listing an advantage to physical stores over online. 

YIKES. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that situation and do not blame you in the least for ordering elsewhere, I'd do the same in your place. 

I know I'm lucky in that my FLGS allows me to place my pre-orders prior to the product officially being available on their ordering systems, so they increase their initial order (when possible) based on the number of pre-orders. 

Regardless, the continued delays of Legion product sucks for multiple reasons.

Edited by Caimheul1313
Typo

22 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

This started when Asmodee signed an exclusive distribution agreement with Alliance. The fee is from Alliance, not Asmodee. My LGS was ready to cut ties with Alliance until Asmodee signed the exclusivity agreement.

Edited by NeonWolf

38 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

This started when Asmodee signed an exclusive distribution agreement with Alliance. The fee is from Alliance, not Asmodee. My LGS was ready to cut ties with Alliance until Asmodee signed the exclusivity agreement.

It only ends up irritating the consumer and ultimately hurting FFG, as the FLGS just stops carrying the merch.

Poor business model imho.

17 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

It only ends up irritating the consumer and ultimately hurting FFG, as the FLGS just stops carrying the merch.

Poor business model imho.

So was Miniature Market being able to ship product weeks in advance of the official release of Clone Wars given that according to FFG, distributors shouldn't have sent product out to retailers yet... There's a bunch of problems with Asmodee's distribution in the US, it's also impacted the Song of Ice and Fire that they are contracted to distribute. 

55 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

So was Miniature Market being able to ship product weeks in advance of the official release of Clone Wars given that according to FFG, distributors shouldn't have sent product out to retailers yet... There's a bunch of problems with Asmodee's distribution in the US, it's also impacted the Song of Ice and Fire that they are contracted to distribute. 

My FLGSs have also had a problem with deliveries. If they order 5 of something, they may get 1, if they’re lucky. They’ve even gotten things they didn’t order.

The whole distribution part of FFG’s business is horrible, but who do you complain to? Any complaints fall on deaf ears.

Its almost like they don’t like money.

Edited by JediPartisan

It’s even worse in the UK. Only one of the four new products (phase 2 clones) is available from Asmodee UK, and even then they’re limited in numbers. It’s piss poor organisation and they’re going to kill their own game if this keeps happening. Retailers are already losing faith in the supply chain.

4 hours ago, mini78 said:

It’s even worse in the UK. Only one of the four new products (phase 2 clones) is available from Asmodee UK, and even then they’re limited in numbers. It’s piss poor organisation and they’re going to kill their own game if this keeps happening. Retailers are already losing faith in the supply chain.

Totally ridiculous isn't it? Obviously there have been issues with storms etc which can delay things but add the price hikes into it and it's just worse.

The new cad bane for example, is looking to be £16.99 now, from the same site that was selling single figures for £9.99 not long ago

1 hour ago, Soontirbeblownup said:

Totally ridiculous isn't it? Obviously there have been issues with storms etc which can delay things but add the price hikes into it and it's just worse.

The new cad bane for example, is looking to be £16.99 now, from the same site that was selling single figures for £9.99 not long ago

Cad bane will be hard plastic. All other heroes have been soft plastic. One is more costly than the other, hence the price hike.

16 minutes ago, Mokoshkana said:

Cad bane will be hard plastic. All other heroes have been soft plastic. One is more costly than the other, hence the price hike.

Aren't we at the point now where every new kit is supposed to be hard plastic (according to FFG's previous statements)? 

2 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Aren't we at the point now where every new kit is supposed to be hard plastic (according to FFG's previous statements)? 

Yes I believe that's the case going forward now. So price hikes will be coming in the future, which is reasonable. Does anyone realistically expect the Bx Droids to cost the same as the Rebel Commandos?

29 minutes ago, Mokoshkana said:

Yes I believe that's the case going forward now. So price hikes will be coming in the future, which is reasonable. Does anyone realistically expect the Bx Droids to cost the same as the Rebel Commandos?

Personally?  Not really. The significantly greater amount of customization on the BX droids would likely have warranted a price increase just based on the extra development that would have to go into ensuring all the various options fit together.

Edited by Caimheul1313

7 hours ago, Mokoshkana said:

Prices are largely irrelevant at this point. We can’t sell products that they continuously fail to supply. Leia was unavailable for nearly a YEAR for example. Only a fraction of the range is available at trade and its hampering growth.

Edited by mini78

5 minutes ago, Tirion said:

So where did we land on this? Are the tanks coming out or not?

Saber is releasing this Friday along with the Phase II clones and B2 droids.  AAT has been delayed to March 20th (per post in Adepticon Legion FB group regarding legality of AAT at Worlds). March 20th also appears to be release date for Republic/Separatist paint sets and Vital Assets expansion (per same Adepticon post).

In case anyone doesn't want to check FB for this info.

For immediate release:

Legion Worlds players, as some of you may be aware, the AAT Trade Federation Battle Tank Unit Expansion release date has slipped beyond the TX-130 Saber-class Fighter Tank Unit Expansion’s date. The AAT will be coming out (in the US at least) on March 20th. While this is inside the usual 11-day limit for product legality at major events, after discussions with the designers and developers we have made the decision to allow the AAT for the World Championship in order to ensure the Separatist Alliance has the tools it was intended to have in this meta and allow greater balance with the other three factions. To better facilitate getting this unit to the tables at the World Championship, we’ve worked with Adepticon to make an exception to the usual painting requirement for the AAT. You will not need to have the AAT painted in order to use it at the event. We (FFG) will also have ample quantities of the AAT for sale at our booth at the show for players unable to acquire one in advance for any reason. Finally, we’ve fully spoiled the expansion contents in order to allow players to begin practicing and army-building using this expansion. For players that want to mock up the base to practice with, it is 150mm in diameter and the tank ends up 100mm high when assembled.

One more thing that is important to note, this legality exception applies only to the AAT expansion, and not any other Legion product available on the same day.

Additionally, we want to clear up some uncertainty around the event structure, as it has been explained in a few different ways in different places. Both heats will consist of 4 rounds, with players going 3-1 advancing to Day 2. Day 2 will be an additional four rounds with the top 4 advancing to day three. Scores and tiebreakers will not carry over between days, although the previous day’s rankings will be used for initial seeding. Day will be a 4-player single-elimination bracket.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks,

Matt Holland
ORGANIZED PLAY COMMUNITY COORDINATOR
Fantasy Flight Games