Jump to content
joewrightgm

Clone AT-RT leak

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Uchidan1 said:

I find it amazing that people STILL think the leak might be fake...after all the confirmed releases for GAR and CIS, Alex Day confirming Wren and Inferno...people still wanna pretend the rest of them won't be released...*eye roll*

I mean, fake is one thing, but I personally wouldn't call something successfully confirmed until it's sitting on a shelf for purchase, but that's a rather...strict view. I'm certainly looking forward to the articles for the upcoming units, and hoping that they don't sit on the teasers for them until March (or later).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a guess, the GAR AT-RT will probably have similar hardpoints to the rebel version, but they'll likely be a bit better keyword and/or dice wise since they're new and haven't been rusting away/raided for spares before the Rebels got them.

As for the AT-RT itself, it'll probably still have full armour and white defense but the weapon the rider has will certainly be different and I wouldn't say it's out of the ballpark that this thing has Agile X.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

As a guess, the GAR AT-RT will probably have similar hardpoints to the rebel version, but they'll likely be a bit better keyword and/or dice wise since they're new and haven't been rusting away/raided for spares before the Rebels got them.

As for the AT-RT itself, it'll probably still have full armour and white defense but the weapon the rider has will certainly be different and I wouldn't say it's out of the ballpark that this thing has Agile X.

The Republic AT-RT wouldn't likely have Agile if it also has Armor, the two keywords don't really stack well (even if the purpose is to get tokens for the other clones, it's a token the AT-RT couldn't use itself). I could see it having Outmaneuver though.

Edited by Kirjath08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kirjath08 said:

I'm certainly looking forward to the articles for the upcoming units, and hoping that they don't sit on the teasers for them until March (or later).

It looks like Legion is following X-wing and the other major FFG games by saving the big announcements for their live streams. My money is on clan Wren and Inferno being revealed on stream, but it could be showing off Iden and Cassian?

I find it hard to believe that they would not make a big event for the first all unique special forces units with all their customizable options. Especially with Mandalorians being all hot thing right now and the face reveal of Seyn for Inferno squadron................. what a strange book that was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

It looks like Legion is following X-wing and the other major FFG games by saving the big announcements for their live streams. My money is on clan Wren and Inferno being revealed on stream, but it could be showing off Iden and Cassian?

I find it hard to believe that they would not make a big event for the first all unique special forces units with all their customizable options. Especially with Mandalorians being all hot thing right now and the face reveal of Seyn for Inferno squadron................. what a strange book that was.

I’m guessing the next stream will be showing off Cassian and Iden, but have the new SF present as well to show off those sculpts and abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Kirjath08 said:

The Republic AT-RT wouldn't likely have Agile if it also has Armor, the two keywords don't really stack well (even if the purpose is to get tokens for the other clones, it's a token the AT-RT couldn't use itself). I could see it having Outmaneuver though.

Why can't the AT-RT use Dodge tokens? Dodge and Cover is applied before attack dice are modified, allowing you to cancel hits, removing them from the attack pool before Impact can convert them. Same reason that Cover X is useful for the speeders... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were to venture a guess on the differences between the GAR AT-RT and the Rebel version it'd be GAR just not having a hard point but having the basic AT-RT gun built in, they're more standard issue than the modified Rebel versions. Give 'em Red defense and replace Armour with Agile X as @Indy_com suggests. Maybe keep Armour as Amour X because then Armour X and Agile X can actually stack a bit better.

Would also be cool if it had a pilot option that let you put Mace Windu on it. Good way to get him in the game without getting to repetitive on the Jedi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Why can't the AT-RT use Dodge tokens? Dodge and Cover is applied before attack dice are modified, allowing you to cancel hits, removing them from the attack pool before Impact can convert them. Same reason that Cover X is useful for the speeders... 

Also a fair point, I sit corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Platinum_V said:

If I were to venture a guess on the differences between the GAR AT-RT and the Rebel version it'd be GAR just not having a hard point but having the basic AT-RT gun built in, they're more standard issue than the modified Rebel versions. Give 'em Red defense and replace Armour with Agile X as @Indy_com suggests. Maybe keep Armour as Amour X because then Armour X and Agile X can actually stack a bit better.

Would also be cool if it had a pilot option that let you put Mace Windu on it. Good way to get him in the game without getting to repetitive on the Jedi.

I still think Agile X and Armour stacks better than Armour X, but Armour X to keep it cheaper with the combination is possible as well. Armour of any value is applied after Impact, so the more hits you cancel, the fewer there are to convert. Armour X would make the unit more vulnerable to focused fire since it relies a bit on the Dodge tokens for some of the Hit cancellation. 

While I would like to see Mace Windu in some capacity, I think it might be difficult to get the "feel" right on an AT-RT driver. Also, that would give yet another source of Field Commander to the Republic, which might not be great for balance reasons? 

Edited by Caimheul1313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ewardell said:

I like the Clone Wars series version of ARF Troopers better than ROTS AT-RT Driver version. The helmets look slightly different. It would be a nice surprise to see some helmet options in this expansion.

latest?cb=20121126025647

latest?cb=20121013060622

I never really noticed but those are arabic (aka modern real world) numerals on the side of that 501st AT-RT. I thought Aurebesh had its own numbering system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I never really noticed but those are arabic (aka modern real world) numerals on the side of that 501st AT-RT. I thought Aurebesh had its own numbering system

According to omniglot, those actually are the Aurebesh numerals. Everything but the six and nine look basically like the arabic numerals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I still think Agile X and Armour stacks better than Armour X, but Armour X to keep it cheaper with the combination is possible as well. Armour of any value is applied after Impact, so the more hits you cancel, the fewer there are to convert. Armour X would make the unit more vulnerable to focused fire since it relies a bit on the Dodge tokens for some of the Hit cancellation. 

While I would like to see Mace Windu in some capacity, I think it might be difficult to get the "feel" right on an AT-RT driver. Also, that would give yet another source of Field Commander to the Republic, which might not be great for balance reasons? 

All fair points. Tho to Mace Windu I'd just say right now Field Commander doesn't seem like it'd be too unbalanced to have multiple of since it can only be the generic cards, but that'll probably change once GAR gets more generics. Tho Plo Koon doesn't have FC so there's no reason Mace Windu would be guaranteed to get it in this case.

100% agree on everything with Armour, forgot about how dodge and impact interact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Platinum_V said:

All fair points. Tho to Mace Windu I'd just say right now Field Commander doesn't seem like it'd be too unbalanced to have multiple of since it can only be the generic cards, but that'll probably change once GAR gets more generics. Tho Plo Koon doesn't have FC so there's no reason Mace Windu would be guaranteed to get it in this case.

Fair, but in Clone Wars we see Mace issuing more orders than we do Plo Koon, so I guess it isn't strictly necessary. Being able to nominate a non-commander unit to issue generic orders can still be very good, especially in split deployments for lists with only one commander. 

I do agree that it will be more powerful with the inclusion of more generics/generic officers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mace is on my short list* of Jedi I think we will see as a Commander or Operative, so I don’t expect to see him as a pilot.

*My short list, in no particular order, is Anakin as a Commander (full Jedi with Teamwork: Ahsoka Tano), Anakin as an Operative (Padawan or early Jedi with Teamwork: Obi-Wan Kenobi), Ahsoka as an Operative, Yoda as a Commander and Mace as an Operative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GooeyChewie said:

Mace is on my short list* of Jedi I think we will see as a Commander or Operative, so I don’t expect to see him as a pilot.

*My short list, in no particular order, is Anakin as a Commander (full Jedi with Teamwork: Ahsoka Tano), Anakin as an Operative (Padawan or early Jedi with Teamwork: Obi-Wan Kenobi), Ahsoka as an Operative, Yoda as a Commander and Mace as an Operative.

It would be interesting to see if Anakin also gets interplay with Rex or Clones be it similar to Padme with him being able to share tokens with them oe if gets an inverse of it to let him use the tokens of other friendly units around him. As for an operative Anakin I'd almost expect we'd see a more RoTS version of him with him able to take dark side upgrades if not coming with an Imperial unit card that gives him the ability to take Phase 2 clone squads and possibly use the other Vader command cards.

Ahsoka I'll be curious to see if the base one we will likely get with Anakin ala Cassian and K2 will be her early or later clone wars self. If it is earlier then there is a good chance we get another one of her as a commander down the line. If it is the later maybe she comes with the reverse of Covert Ops where she is built in the list as an opperative but when deploying you can choose to have her be a commander instead.

And similarly I could see Mace getting Covert Ops to be a commander or operative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GooeyChewie said:

Mace is on my short list* of Jedi I think we will see as a Commander or Operative, so I don’t expect to see him as a pilot.

*My short list, in no particular order, is Anakin as a Commander (full Jedi with Teamwork: Ahsoka Tano), Anakin as an Operative (Padawan or early Jedi with Teamwork: Obi-Wan Kenobi), Ahsoka as an Operative, Yoda as a Commander and Mace as an Operative.

I like this list, but I see Mace as a commander instead of an operative.

 

40 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

It would be interesting to see if Anakin also gets interplay with Rex or Clones be it similar to Padme with him being able to share tokens with them oe if gets an inverse of it to let him use the tokens of other friendly units around him. As for an operative Anakin I'd almost expect we'd see a more RoTS version of him with him able to take dark side upgrades if not coming with an Imperial unit card that gives him the ability to take Phase 2 clone squads and possibly use the other Vader command cards.

Ahsoka I'll be curious to see if the base one we will likely get with Anakin ala Cassian and K2 will be her early or later clone wars self. If it is earlier then there is a good chance we get another one of her as a commander down the line. If it is the later maybe she comes with the reverse of Covert Ops where she is built in the list as an opperative but when deploying you can choose to have her be a commander instead.

And similarly I could see Mace getting Covert Ops to be a commander or operative. 

I like this idea for Anakin and Ahsoka, that would be an acceptable compromise for Mace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Why can't the AT-RT use Dodge tokens? Dodge and Cover is applied before attack dice are modified, allowing you to cancel hits, removing them from the attack pool before Impact can convert them. Same reason that Cover X is useful for the speeders... 

And since AT-RT can climb, it can easily get cover 2 from elevation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mace should be a commander. CW show talks about him leading several offensives throughout the show. There's one arc where he leads a ground assault on a planet over several episodes.

As an aside,

What's the point of cassian and Iden?

They look like expensive snipers. Is there any reason i wouldn't prefer to have 2-3 sniper groups outside of thematic play?

Edited by buckero0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...