Jump to content
joewrightgm

Clone AT-RT leak

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, bwingstrike said:

Doesn't look like a clone on the AT-RT. Looks too dark, what else rode them in the Clone Wars?

We see Mace Windu ride one in an episode of Clone Wars. However, I think it's just a clone in bad lighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joewrightgm said:

Came from the legion Facebook group.  Judge for yourselves.  Implication is that we’ll see the rest of the units leaked, IE, Clan Wren, Inferno and STAPs.

 

 

They already confirmed inferno and clan wren on stream when they were showing the operatives and SF for clone wars.

The only one missing is STAP, which we can assume is real based off this all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bwingstrike said:

Doesn't look like a clone on the AT-RT. Looks too dark, what else rode them in the Clone Wars?

They could also be in non-white armour, potentially Kashyyyk camouflage, or supposed to be a picture from the Battle of Umbara. 

Edit: From larger picture, 100% ARF trooper. 

Edited by Caimheul1313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bwingstrike said:

True, it's a night time picture, so maybe a clone in silhouette

 @Lannes posted a larger and higher quality photo, it is an ARF trooper (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Advanced_Recon_Force_trooper). Pasted below for easier reference. 

SWL70-72_boxes_ES.png

Edited by Caimheul1313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont consider this a 'leak' unless we get to see cards or stats.

9 minutes ago, GeneralChonk said:

I am hoping that the clone at-rt will differ from the rebel one. Clone ones were fresh out of manufacturing, where the rebel ones are salvaged and found. Hope that sort of thing is reflected in the individual units.

I agree. I feel like it will have red defense dice to reflect that the rider is wearing clone armor, and I could see it having 3 speed and/or reposition to reflect how nimble they are in the clone wars series.

I would also love to see some new hardpoints that can be taken by either version!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully quality on the mini will also be improved. While painting the rebel AT-RT I noticed some differences from reference material. I assume it was done to make it more structurally sound. On that note, was the Rebel version hard plastic?? 

I'm also going to guess the Republic version will have Armor X instead of Armor because I think it's a bit OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I dont consider this a 'leak' unless we get to see cards or stats.

 

Depends on your view if people believed the past leaks or not. This should confirm everything even for the most sceptical. Really wish clan Wren or Inferno squad would have leaked so that we could have seen the size of the unit.

10 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:
22 minutes ago, GeneralChonk said:

I am hoping that the clone at-rt will differ from the rebel one. Clone ones were fresh out of manufacturing, where the rebel ones are salvaged and found. Hope that sort of thing is reflected in the individual units.

I agree. I feel like it will have red defense dice to reflect that the rider is wearing clone armor, and I could see it having 3 speed and/or reposition to reflect how nimble they are in the clone wars series.

I would also love to see some new hardpoints that can be taken by either version!

I third lol. Red defense dice for sure. Anything else............no idea. Same goes for the STAPs which will be the cheap version of the speeder bikes.

Hopefully we get some upgrades that be taken across faction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I dont consider this a 'leak' unless we get to see cards or stats.

It's not a leak, it's a straight up product announcement from Edge/FFG Spain. It's from an article on the Spanish FFG site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr Lucky said:

It's not a leak, it's a straight up product announcement from Edge/FFG Spain. It's from an article on the Spanish FFG site.

Unless I miss my guess, it's from the article announcing the Commando Droids and ARC troopers, nothing to do with the AT-RT. Someone posted the wrong photo at the top of the article I assume, and it has now been fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so most likely they will have the all/some of the same hardpoints as the rebel one. With those hardpoints all being reduced to 20 points.

it will be interesting to see if they release cards with the original cost printed on a NEW unit and then say look at the errata they have already been changed to 20 points. i feel like this is going to generate alot of confusion. 

loving the potential new clone model tho. 

Edited by Matt3412

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt3412 said:

so most likely they will have the all/some of the same hardpoints as the rebel one. With those hardpoints all being reduced to 20 points.

it will be interesting to see if they release cards with x cost printed on a NEW unit and then say look at the errata they have already been errated to 20 points. i feel like this is going to generate alot of confusion. 

They have already stated that reprints will not have changed point costs to avoid confusion.

That being said, if the hardpoints end up being faction exclusive they could reflect the points errata since its technically a different upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

They have already stated that reprints will not have changed point costs to avoid confusion.

That being said, if the hardpoints end up being faction exclusive they could reflect the points errata since its technically a different upgrade.

Yeah its just the very unique situation of a NEW unit and its unit specific cards being not what they actually say. For new players thats a lot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope they improve the Laser Cannon (If the weapons are the same). The 3 die Rebel version sucks, even more if the GAR version Of the RT is going to cost more.

32 minutes ago, ewardell said:

HopefullyI'm also going to guess the Republic version will have Armor X instead of Armor because I think it's a bit OP

Then I may not buy it. That would make it suck, especially in the current meta (and not just cause of Tauns/Shores). When other units with armour are throwing 9 dice+ and frequently one shot RTs as they are.

Edited by JediPartisan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matt3412 said:

Yeah its just the very unique situation of a NEW unit and its unit specific cards being not what they actually say. For new players thats a lot 

Which is pure speculation. We don't know that the Republic AT-RT will have the same hardpoint upgrades. All FFG needs to do is slap a different name on the upgrade, and it's a completely new card. Just because it's known as an AT-RT Flamethrower in the GCW era, doesn't mean it's always been called that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

I really hope they improve the Laser Cannon (If the weapons are the same). The 3 die Rebel version sucks, even more if the GAR version Of the RT is going to cost more.

Then I may not buy it. That would make it suck, especially in the current meta (and not just cause of Tauns/Shores). When other units with armour are throwing 9 dice+ and frequently one shot RTs as they are.

How is a unit with 6hp and armor getting one shot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mokoshkana said:

How is a unit with 6hp and armor getting one shot?

He specified other armor units throwing 9+ dice. An AT-ST with the 88 Twin Light Blaster has 9 dice with Impact 4, meaning it just needs to roll at least 2 crits and 4 hits, which is certainly not a rare result.

Edit: Heck, a Saber with Armor Piercing Shells has 9 dice with Impact 5 and Critical 1. It is almost guaranteed to produce at least 6 crits against targets with Armor. 

Edited by Lochlan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...