Nurgle23

SSD out of stock

I haven't been in a game store that stocked Armada and doesn't have at least 2 on the shelf in...well, I mean it's definitely been true for weeks, obviously further back, but if you are talking recent...yeah, go brick-and-mortar in your local Armada shop.  MANY of them.  No problem to get!

If you're looking online only, and haven't convinced your local community to pick it up, though, I dunno...maybe call around to nearby towns and see what's available?

2 hours ago, All Shields Forward said:

It's Amazon, it's no secret you can check for yourself. Still saying they have 19 in stock.

I don‘t know what ship you saw but I think it was not the Super Star Destroyer.

That is sold for $169.99, but with customs and shipping it would be too much. 
No local store has it, and my german online store has it on backorder since before I ordered it on christmas. 

Edited by Nurgle23

35 minutes ago, Nurgle23 said:

I don‘t know what ship you saw but I think it was not the Super Star Destroyer.

That is sold for $169.99, but with customs and shipping it would be too much. 

Or he did see the Super Star Destroyer, but with customs and shipping it would be too much to buy in Germany.

Starker-Verstand.gif

It's definitely the FFG SSD. I bought it.

MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price , $199 USD in this case. It's still on Amazon for the $40 under MSRP, so $159 USD.

I was not familiar where Nurgle is from because that wasn't included.

Edited by All Shields Forward
clarity

5 hours ago, Nurgle23 said:

I totally have to apologize to @All Shields Forward. I read $40 and not $40 under MSRP.

I feel silly now. 

It takes a lot to admit these kinds of things and we should acknowledge when someone does, because if more people did, the world would be a better place. 

Edited by eliteone

Anyone heard anything differently on the SSD being out of stock? I see some pre-orders on ebay from Australia. Are they just really really late to receive the SSD, or is there a new wave coming?

4 hours ago, flatpackhamster said:

I was able to buy one last week.  Several UK game stores have had stock delivered in the last week, with everything apart from MC30s making an appearance.

Would be nice to see some Light Cruisers and Raiders make an appearance here in the US.

The fact that the SSD has sold out in most markets means that it has sold well, despite being the largest and most expensive miniature that FFG has ever released. It would be a different story if there were plenty of SSDs available and retailers were selling them at a deep discount to get rid of them. However, since the SSD sold well, there's every reason for FFG to reprint it some day -- when things go back to normal. Presumably, the plastic printing factory that produced the SSD worked out all the kinks so a 2nd printing should be easier and quicker than the first.

If FFG does reprint the SSD, it would give us hope that they'll produce more huge ships for Armada, such as the Viscount star dreadnought for the Rebels/New Republic. As much as I want an Eclipse-class SSD, the fact that FFG included the Eclipse ship title with the SSD probably means that's not never going to happen. (It's doubly frustrating because there were numerous references to the Emperor's flagship, the Eclipse, existing according to the Aftermath Trilogy; but it supposedly was just another Executor-class Super Star Destroyer, and not the Eclipse-class from Dark Empire. Supposedly, that's why FFG gave the SSD the Eclipse ship title [with its special ramming ability] instead of another Legends SSD title, like the Lusankya, Megador, Reaper, or Dominion. Before TRoS was released, there was speculation that the Eclipse would appear as the Reborn Emperor's flagship, thereby canonizing the Eclipse. But Jar-Jar Abrams couldn't even get that right.)

It's possible that Clone Wars Armada could receive two or more "huge" ships: the Lucrehulk Battleship and the "Malevolence" (Subjugator Heavy Cruiser). Neither should be as large as the SSD, but both could be challenging to produce in their own ways. Ideally, the Republic will receive a huge ship too. The Mandator-II dreadnought and Praetor battlecruiser are possibilities for Republic huge ships, even though they're currently classified as Legends ships. TBH I don't like the designs of either of those ships (the Mandator-II's fan-made design is too rounded and looks kinda like a surfboard; whereas the Praetor has that ridiculous sideways cylinder where its bridge should be, which I hate) so if FFG chooses to make either of them for Armada, I sincerely hope that they take some artistic liberties and redesign those ships -- because they did exemplary work with the Starhawk's design.

So it would be great to hear from FFG that they're producing more SSDs.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:08 PM, Reavern said:

It's possible that Clone Wars Armada could receive two or more "huge" ships: the Lucrehulk Battleship and the "Malevolence" (Subjugator Heavy Cruiser). 

Just my gut feeling here, but I feel like the Lucrehulk is the best candidate for the next huge ship. I'd say it's more iconic than the Malevolence due to its unique design, it appearing more in the movies (I think), and the fact that lil Annie blows one up. I'd be happy to see either or both be made though! 

14 hours ago, ArmadaMatt said:

Just my gut feeling here, but I feel like the Lucrehulk is the best candidate for the next huge ship. I'd say it's more iconic than the Malevolence due to its unique design, it appearing more in the movies (I think), and the fact that lil Annie blows one up. I'd be happy to see either or both be made though! 

I agree that the Lucrehulk is the most likely candidate for a Clone Wars "huge" ship -- although I'm not 100% certain that it will be classified as a huge ship. It could be the new largest large ship, similar to how the Starhawk became the largest large ship a few months ago.

I recall seeing Clone Wars artwork recently that could've been the box art for Clone Wars Armada -- unfortunately I can't find the pic ATM. It featured a Lucrehulk, as well as Providences and Munificents. If that art pic was from CWA, it implies those will be the ships released in the early Waves of CWA. I think that depending on what CIS ships are included in Wave 1, it's possible the Lucrehulk could be released in Wave 2. It all depends whether the Providence is in Wave 1? I'm 100% certain the Munificent star frigate will be in Wave 1, probably as a medium ship -- although I predict that its points cost could be as cheap as some small ships (like a MC30). The Republic will almost certainly get the Acclamator assault ship in Wave 1, because it was in a confirmed CWA art pic. The Acclamator will probably also be a medium ship. The question is whether the Venator attack cruiser and Providence destroyer/carrier will be in Wave 1? I sincerely hope they are.

If the Venator and Province are in Wave 1, I think there's a high probability that the Lucrehulk will be released in Wave 2. I know that the Recuscant light destroyer is another possibility, but it's not nearly as popular or iconic as the Lucrehulk. FFG released the ISD and Home One in Wave 2 of Armada, which are the most iconic large ships in Star Wars. I predict that FFG will repeat themselves and release an iconic large ship in Wave 2 of CWA. If it's not the Providence, I'm certain it will be the Lucrehulk.

If the Lucrehulk isn't classified as a huge ship, then the Malevolence will be. However, I don't expect the Malevolence will be released until Wave 4 or later, so I'm not going to hold my breath for that one.