Sign in to follow this  
allistorpreist

AT-ST x2

I've seen someone running two, although they now run an S T and a tank, they were quite effective with it. I wouldn't say it is top their effective, but it really doesn't have to be (unless you plan on playing at worlds.with it)

You could try something like this. The idea is pretty simple. Veers gives aim tokens to the two AT-STs. The AT-ST with the concussion grenades pushes forwards with the stormtroopers that have the R4. The AT-ST with the mortar launcher holds back a bit more taking a second aim and firing each turn. THe biggest weakness of the list is that it doesn't have any good way to deal with force users. You'll have to watch out for a jedi trying to kill all the troopers because the AT-STs will struggle to score objectives. A slight variation on the light is to swap the hammers pilot on 1 AT-ST for Arbmab and give both AT-STs the grenade launcher. You might also consider the twin light blaster when the new vehicles come out.

798/800
General Veers (80 + 0 = 80)

Stormtroopers (44 + 9 = 53)
--R4 Astromech Droid (9)

Stormtroopers (44 + 24 = 68)
--DLT-19 Stormtrooper (24)

Stormtroopers (44 + 24 = 68)
--DLT-19 Stormtrooper (24)

Scout Troopers (Strike Team) (20 + 28 = 48)
--DLT-19x Sniper (28)

--DLT-19x Sniper (28)

--DLT-19x Sniper (28)

AT-ST (170 + 20 = 190)
--Imperial Hammers Elite Armor Pilot (10), AT-ST Mortar Launcher (10)

AT-ST (170 + 25 = 195)
--Imperial Hammers Elite Armor Pilot (10), DW-3 Concussion Grenade Launcher (15)

Commands:
Ambush (1), Maximum Firepower (1), Pinned Down (2), Evasive Maneuvers (2), Imperial Discipline (3), Assault (3), Standing Orders (4)

you could grab Aggressive Tactics or binoculars to give the AT-ST surges for Offense or add an extra Aim (Spotter 3) for your troops since they will be shooting quite a bit.

Kind of depends on how you're running them and if you want to keep the chasis cheaper.  Veers can actually run behind the AT-ST and gets cover.

Edited by buckero0

Two AT-STs are a blast to play :p.  I have not ran it since the game first came out with veers and naked storm troopers.  With the new stuff:

++ Standard (Galactic Empire) [799 Points] ++

+ Commander +

•General Veers [80 Points]

+ Corps +

Stormtroopers [55 Points]: Stormtrooper

+ Special Forces +

Scout Troopers [48 Points]: DLT-19x Sniper

+ Heavy +

AT-ST [205 Points]: 88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon, Imperial Hammers Elite Armor Pilot, Linked Targeting Array

AT-ST [205 Points]: 88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon, Imperial Hammers Elite Armor Pilot, Linked Targeting Array

+ Command Hand + 

•Ambush, •Maximum Firepower, ••Evasive Maneuvers, ••Pinned Down, •••Assault, •••Imperial Discipline, ••••Standing Orders 

Edited by Chickenpuppy
Format

13 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

More a lurker than a player but is this an indication that Sniper Spam is still 100% the meta even post-nerf.

😢

Sniper spam is still pretty solid, but the inclusion of low cost detachments have slowed them a bit. The game still favors more activation and sniper spam is, while not my favorite, one way to do that. Not as common as it was, a viable option but not a mandatory one.

General Veers
Stormtroopers
Stormtroopers
Stormtroopers
Stormtroopers
74-Z Speeder Bikes
74-Z Speeder Bikes
AT-ST (88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon, Linked Targeting Array)

I literally ran this list yesterday and murder a Vader shot 2 of turn 1, won 2 games out of 3, against 2 imperial and a droid, it’s a really good team for breakthrough long march and key positions

1 hour ago, shuntley said:

General Veers
Stormtroopers
Stormtroopers
Stormtroopers
Stormtroopers
74-Z Speeder Bikes
74-Z Speeder Bikes

I literally ran this list yesterday and murder a Vader shot 2 of turn 1, won 2 games out of 3, against 2 imperial and a droid, it’s a really good team for breakthrough long march and key positions

I like it.  Veers and his toys.  You try three bikes 😀?

15 minutes ago, Chickenpuppy said:

I like it.  Veers and his toys.  You try three bikes 😀?

I have, but it’s my buddies imperial army I was using and he only has 2. My cis isn’t battle ready. And he plays rebels 

Here's my take on a double AT-ST list.

General Veers (Commanding Presence, Improvised Orders)

Imperial Officer (Electrobinoculars)

Stormtroopers (R4 Astromech Droid) x2

53 x 2

Snowtroopers (Snowtrooper) x2

60 x 2

AT-ST (Imperial Hammers Elite Armor Pilot, 88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon, Linked Targeting Array) x2

205 x 2

The general idea is to have 2 main detachments, Veers/Storm/AT-ST & IO/Storm/AT-ST. Both of these are capable of giving aims to both the storms and AT-ST in a single turn. Keep them behind the AT-ST for cover as you advance. Make sure to give orders to the AT-STs to make use of the Linked Targeting Array as well. The Snowtroopers are meant to just give you a little more presence and by nature of them being Snowtroopers, can probably just wander off to do their own thing wherever they might be needed.