bgrelle

Tie Advanced X1 dials.

So I have ended up with four X1 models after picking up someone's old collection of ships MEGA cheap (I had two and he had two). But since I only bought one conversion kit I only have two dials.  Have been borrowing a friend's dials for a few weeks and decided that I want to keep flying all four of them at once but I need to get my own dials so I can give my friends back to him.  Any input on a way to get just the two dials?  Really don't need another conversion kit and I don't want to buy more models either though.

4 minutes ago, bgrelle said:

So I have ended up with four X1 models after picking up someone's old collection of ships MEGA cheap (I had two and he had two). But since I only bought one conversion kit I only have two dials.  Have been borrowing a friend's dials for a few weeks and decided that I want to keep flying all four of them at once but I need to get my own dials so I can give my friends back to him.  Any input on a way to get just the two dials?  Really don't need another conversion kit and I don't want to buy more models either though.

Check Ebay. There were a few vendors selling Con Kit parts (including complete dial/cardboard/pilot card sets) a bit back.

49 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Check Ebay. There were a few vendors selling Con Kit parts (including complete dial/cardboard/pilot card sets) a bit back.

It's not not worth checking out ebay, but it's pretty slim pickings these days.  Most of the stuff is sold out, but I guess it took them long enough that they don't want to keep buying conversion components and selling them.

1 hour ago, bgrelle said:

If you plan on playing 500 pts epic matches you might want to consider to just buy a second conversion kit yourself.

3 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

It's not not worth checking out ebay, but it's pretty slim pickings these days.  Most of the stuff is sold out, but I guess it took them long enough that they don't want to keep buying conversion components and selling them.

I did manage to find a set (guy was selling the full ship of stuff from the conversion kit) for $14 (with shipping added).  So not cheap but a lot cheaper than buying a whole kit or more models.  Yes, I realize they are making a lot of money this way but I get to save a bunch so I don't mind someone else making profit from it.

20 minutes ago, bgrelle said:

I did manage to find a set (guy was selling the full ship of stuff from the conversion kit) for $14 (with shipping added).  So not cheap but a lot cheaper than buying a whole kit or more models.  Yes, I realize they are making a lot of money this way but I get to save a bunch so I don't mind someone else making profit from it.

If it works, great.  I guess all I meant is that there's a lot of stuff which seems like it's getting hard to find on there.