Sign in to follow this  
joeshmoe554

Tel Trevura Timing

6 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

That's kind of what that 3rd scenario is saying - Tel doesn't get destroyed, because "if you would be destroyed"...He uses the charge, gets the effect, and then goes to reserves.  There's still an aftermath to that particular exchange, except Tel's not present for it.

Kind of, but if this is the 3rd one you are referring to...

3) Tel is destroyed at initiative four and flips his charge in the aftermath step, he is assigned the damage and placed in reserve immediately. 

Then my point was, he doesnt flip his charge "in the aftermath step". He flips it the moment he suffers the final damage card during the Deal Damage step. But yes, the aftermath step itself still happens, but Tel isnt there to do anything for it. Cannot perform attacks, cannot trigger ability's that trigger after defending or after destruction. And likewise, the attacker wouldnt be able to do any aftermath effects that would have targeted Tel specifically. 

1 minute ago, feltipern1 said:

CIS is the new Scum anyway (IMO).

I pretty much agree. For tractor mechanics, it's a toss up as to which is stronger, but Ensnare is bonkers good since it can't be blocked. Calc sharing is leagues better than IG's. The ability to ignore obstacles is stronger in CIS. Struts are better than Scum TIEs anyday. Droids can maneuver onto rocks and debris and link an action while still being able to fire, as opposed to just being able to move onand off rocks. Qi'ra is similar to struts but for only one obstacle and requires an action to use. So this goes to CIS.

For bombing mechanics, Hyenas are the cheapest T. Sim delivery service, and have unique ways to bomb, taking Zuvio's ability. Emon, Nym, and Sol have the edge on them, but the shear spammability of CIS bombs is strong. Tie?

Up until recently I would have say that the Scimitar was better than any Scum large base, but JM5K is actually making a showing now.

Scum has strong pieces, but it doesn't seems to stem from shenanigans.

3 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

p until recently I would have say that the Scimitar was better than any Scum large base, but JM5K is actually making a showing now

Scum large bases are ok.. but the medium base ships are where scum excels at. The mediums have a pretty good balance of speed/utility/firepower. The only real rival they have in the medium size is the U-wing. 

2 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

I pretty much agree. For tractor mechanics, it's a toss up as to which is stronger, but Ensnare is bonkers good since it can't be blocked. Calc sharing is leagues better than IG's. The ability to ignore obstacles is stronger in CIS. Struts are better than Scum TIEs anyday. Droids can maneuver onto rocks and debris and link an action while still being able to fire, as opposed to just being able to move onand off rocks. Qi'ra is similar to struts but for only one obstacle and requires an action to use. So this goes to CIS.

For bombing mechanics, Hyenas are the cheapest T. Sim delivery service, and have unique ways to bomb, taking Zuvio's ability. Emon, Nym, and Sol have the edge on them, but the shear spammability of CIS bombs is strong. Tie?

Up until recently I would have say that the Scimitar was better than any Scum large base, but JM5K is actually making a showing now.

Scum has strong pieces, but it doesn't seems to stem from shenanigans.

Mentions the bombs and completely skips over Buzz Droids. Take Traj Sim, let you do it at the beginning of engagement, the bomb never disappears or affects your own ships? It's like proton bombs meets proximity mine, but better.

2 minutes ago, SwampyCr said:

Mentions the bombs and completely skips over Buzz Droids. Take Traj Sim, let you do it at the beginning of engagement, the bomb never disappears or affects your own ships? It's like proton bombs meets proximity mine, but better.

Traj Sim is limited to only the System Phase as it says on its card. Doesn't work with buzz droids or Drk-1s

2 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Up until recently I would have say that the Scimitar was better than any Scum large base,

Still is when comparing ship to ship even when accounting for upgrades. List building wise though are you looking at Hyper or Ext?

9 minutes ago, SwampyCr said:

On top of what @Hiemfire said, Traj Sim is restricted to Bombs, which Buzz Droid Swarm's are not. 

Edited by Lyianx

46 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Still is when comparing ship to ship even when accounting for upgrades. List building wise though are you looking at Hyper or Ext?

If I'm looking at factions conceptually, I am probably viewing them through the lens of Extended. 

54 minutes ago, SwampyCr said:

While agree with your sentiment, I left them out since Scum really has no equivalent. Scum, however, does seem like the best candidate for remotes moving forward. I hope FFG plays around with remotes in more than just the CIS faction.

48 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

If I'm looking at factions conceptually, I am probably viewing them through the lens of Extended.

Infiltrator has a narrower array of options to fly along side, most of which can easily be set up to be synergistic with it. S&V large bases have allot more options to fly along side but really don't synergize well with any of them anywhere near the same level as the Infiltrator (including titled Infiltrators) does with the rest of the Seps.

48 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I hope FFG plays around with remotes in more than just the CIS faction.

😥 FO is getting that instead it seems (to the right of the rigged cargo drop, its card is the farthest left in the pilot spread):

swz69_xi-class-shuttle_overview_01.png

Edited by Hiemfire

3 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

In fairness, Buzz Droids already launch via their deployment mechanic (in multiple directions no less)... they practically have Traj Sim baked into the card!

This was my point. Buzz droids are just a better version of proton bombs and Trajectory simulator baked into one.