Sign in to follow this  
cnemmick

Hotshots & Aces Pack 2: Electric Boogaloo

19 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

Vult Skerris from the Rebels cartoon. Was so good as the Interceptor Leader killing on AWings.

Vult Skerris for both Interceptor and Defender as I5. Can the community think of a good ability.

He proved himself as a good pilot but ignore orders, perhaps he cant be coordinated but cant lose green tokens either. A very independent and focussed pilot?

4 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

Vult Skerris for both Interceptor and Defender as I5. Can the community think of a good ability.

He proved himself as a good pilot but ignore orders, perhaps he cant be coordinated but cant lose green tokens either. A very independent and focussed pilot?

When defending at R2 count the attack as being at R3.

48 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

Vult Skerris was also said to be an exceptional pilot, by Vader himself, who was able to handle ships even the strangest of ships with ease.

He might actually be a good candidate for "You may perform actions while stressed." Or, 1 recurring charge "During your Perform Action step, you may spend 1 charge to perform an action while stressed" (borrowing Chopper's wording, though it would need to be changed a little to make more sense) if multiple stressed actions is too much.

He can't be coordinated, because he usually runs with stress. But in the Defender, he becomes a beast, with the 4K still being available while stressed. In the Interceptor, he becomes ultra mobile.

Now, I know that people want that ability for Tycho or Hera, but, I think it would be cooler on Skerris, not gonna lie. Plus, as Kylo would say, "Let the past die."

Resistance upgrades.

Orange one upgrade card for resistance T-70's-  While defending or making a primary attacks. If you are focused you may change one focus result to a hit or evade result.

(Really like Poe's V.1 ability, think this would be a nice way of keeping it in the mix.)

Lando's Falcon - Rebel ability or something new?

Poe Falcon - Poe's T-70 ability.

Wedge Gunner - When attacking, if the defender is in your turret arc reduce its agility by 1. 

Luke crew card - While a friendly ship is attacking or defending at range 0-3 you may spend one force token to change one focus result to a crit or an evade result.

If another friendly ships upgrade card requires you to spend a force token you may instead spend it from here. 

(Has 2 force tokens with 1 regen a round. Takes up one crew slot. Idea is Luke is working remotely to help others.)

I think the next aces pack could be in an interesting position. 

All the ships represented in Hotshots and Aces have been released as part of second edition. It stands to reason that any future aces pack will have to abide by the same restriction - any player should be able to use the cards in the pack without having to pick up a 1e model and a conversion kit. 

But the all but confirmed rumours that we won't be seeing any re-released ships ships for a long time is going to limit the roster for some factions. It's also interesting that the current pack included pilots for a 2e exclusive ship (i.e not a re-release) in the RZ-2, which already had a decent roster of pilots compared with, say, the Resistance Falcon. That implies that they aren't just about catching up some of the converted ships who are a little light, or are missing obvious pilot choices (eg. K-2SO) because they were converted based on 1e content, where the 1e content was released a little too early. 

So could the Republic and Separatists be included in the next pack?

And what about Rebels, Empire and Scum? We've just had the TIE Interceptor and TIE Defender for Imperials, and the RZ-1 for Rebels so there's a couple more possibilities there. But beyond that, you're looking at the other ships already out in second edition. How many of those need new pilots? Would the next aces pack retread some ground and offer even more pilots for some of the ships in the current pack? 

There's a lot of potential for more T-65 pilots, like Hobbie, Wes Janson, Hera etc. but is the roster already big enough between the core set, expansion and Saw's?

The only other ship that's been re-released and hasn't already been added to is the Y-Wing, but again that's healthier than some other ships. 

Personally, I'd like to see:

Shara Bey in the RZ-1 - give her a new ability and Initiative if you have to.

Davish "Pops" Krail in the Y-Wing - because seriously how is he still not in the game?

Wes Janson in the T-65 - I just want him back, Legends made him one of my favourite characters, he had a great ability in 1e, he's a movie character and no canon reset can change the fact that he was Wedge's reliable bro at Hoth.

Ciena Ree in the TIE Interceptor - it's mad that she wasn't included as an Interceptor pilot in the conversion. Make her an I5 to match Thane and give her an ability similar to her crew card.

Vult Skerris in the TIE Defender - bring the Defender roster up to the 'proper' 4 named, 2 generic. Also give us a canon Defender pilot. 

Backstabber in the TIE Fighter - he's Vader's other wingman. He's a movie character. Kinda. How did he not make the jump to 2e?

To be honest, I'm struggling to think of anything new the other factions might want. They just have so few ships and most of them have so many more pilots per ship as is. Scum would love some new Star Viper, Kimogila or Kihraxz pilots I'm sure, but they haven't been re-released yet and don't seem likely to be any time soon. There's no big, obvious names jumping out as missing from any Republic, Resistance, Separatist or First Order ship. I guess there's always room for more Jedi like Aayla Secura or Kit Fisto on the Delta-7 but... ehh. I think they're being saved for the Eta-2. 

Only one I can really think of is Poe or Lando in the Resistance Falcon, based on RoS, but again the Resistance Falcon technically hasn't been released yet. 

Maybe this guy or this guy in the N-1?

Edited by GuacCousteau

1 hour ago, GuacCousteau said:

I think the next aces pack could be in an interesting position. 

All the ships represented in Hotshots and Aces have been released as part of second edition. It stands to reason that any future aces pack will have to abide by the same restriction - any player should be able to use the cards in the pack without having to pick up a 1e model and a conversion kit. 

But the all but confirmed rumours that we won't be seeing any re-released ships ships for a long time is going to limit the roster for some factions. It's also interesting that the current pack included pilots for a 2e exclusive ship (i.e not a re-release) in the RZ-2, which already had a decent roster of pilots compared with, say, the Resistance Falcon. That implies that they aren't just about catching up some of the converted ships who are a little light, or are missing obvious pilot choices (eg. K-2SO) because they were converted based on 1e content, where the 1e content was released a little too early.
So could the Republic and Separatists be included in the next pack?

And what about Rebels, Empire and Scum? We've just had the TIE Interceptor and TIE Defender for Imperials, and the RZ-1 for Rebels so there's a couple more possibilities there. But beyond that, you're looking at the other ships already out in second edition. How many of those need new pilots? Would the next aces pack retread some ground and offer even more pilots for some of the ships in the current pack?

There's a lot of potential for more T-65 pilots, like Hobbie, Wes Janson, Hera etc. but is the roster already big enough between the core set, expansion and Saw's?

The only other ship that's been re-released and hasn't already been added to is the Y-Wing, but again that's healthier than some other ships.

Personally, I'd like to see:

Shara Bey in the RZ-1 - give her a new ability and Initiative if you have to.

Davish "Pops" Krail in the Y-Wing - because seriously how is he still not in the game?

Wes Janson in the T-65 - I just want him back, Legends made him one of my favourite characters, he had a great ability in 1e, he's a movie character and no canon reset can change the fact that he was Wedge's reliable bro at Hoth.

Ciena Ree in the TIE Interceptor - it's mad that she wasn't included as an Interceptor pilot in the conversion. Make her an I5 to match Thane and give her an ability similar to her crew card.

Vult Skerris in the TIE Defender - bring the Defender roster up to the 'proper' 4 named, 2 generic. Also give us a canon Defender pilot. 

Backstabber in the TIE Fighter - he's Vader's other wingman. He's a movie character. Kinda. How did he not make the jump to 2e?

To be honest, I'm struggling to think of anything new the other factions might want. They just have so few ships and most of them have so many more pilots per ship as is. Scum would love some new Star Viper, Kimogila or Kihraxz pilots I'm sure, but they haven't been re-released yet and don't seem likely to be any time soon. There's no big, obvious names jumping out as missing from any Republic, Resistance, Separatist or First Order ship. I guess there's always room for more Jedi like Aayla Secura or Kit Fisto on the Delta-7 but... ehh. I think they're being saved for the Eta-2. 

Only one I can really think of is Poe or Lando in the Resistance Falcon, based on RoS, but again the Resistance Falcon technically hasn't been released yet. 

Maybe this guy or this guy in the N-1?

This. So much this.

Lots of great ideas so far!

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but Hera in the RZ-1 and B-Wing (with her same pilot ability from the VCX & Attack Shuttle) would be especially fun to have. Making her an i5 T-65 X-Wing pilot would give players an option outside of Luke and Thane for some lower-ship-count, initiative bid type lists.

For the sake of being silly, I say make Hera a pilot for every Rebel ship. Hera in the YT-2400! Hera in the Falcon (fending off Lando's flirting)! Hera in an E-Wing! Hera in a K-Wing! It could be a custom card that is made of clear plastic and only has printing on the pilot initiative value, pilot name & pilot ability. Just lay Hera on top of an existing ship card and voila! Space Mom Ace is ready to fly! (Obviously Hera Overlay would have a unique cost per platform.)

Here's another idea that's mostly for giggles:

First Order Palpatine
Cost: A ridiculous amount: Enough that it won't be viable in competitive play, but not so much so that it will still get used in local games
Two Crew Slots
1 FORCE (recharging), 3 CHARGE (not recharging)

Setup: Lose 3 CHARGE.

During the system phase, you may spend 1 FORCE and 3 CHARGES. Every other ship gains 3 ion tokens. Limit once per game.

Action: Spend 1 FORCE to recover 1 CHARGE.

Fel’s Wrath: Interceptor, I2. 1 charge, non-recurring. Before you would be destroyed, if you are defending, you may spend 1 charge to look at your facedown damage cards, choose 1 to expose, and deal it to the attacking ship. If the attacking ship is destroyed, remove all of your damage cards, suffer 2 hits, and you are not destroyed instead.

Also interceptors with force (looking at you Carnor) and more TIE pilots like Backstabber and Dark Curse.

Edited by Des Darklighter

I would like to see two aces packs: a "canon" pack with pilots for released 2e ships, and a "legends" pack with pilots for 1e ships that haven't been re-released.

The canon pack would have

• Wedge, Shara, and Hera in A-wings with their 2e abilities and initiatives
  • Hobbie with his 1e ability in an A-wing
  • Hera or Adon Fox in a B-wing
  • Old Obi-wan crew
  • Ciena Ree and Second Sister Interceptors
  • Ninth Sister Reaper
  • Vult Skerris Defender

I don't have specifics for who would be in a legends pack, but new E-wing, K-wing, TIE Aggressor, Gunboat, and Kimo pilots.  Maybe even add in old legends characters for existing ships like Tycho, Mara Jade, Erisi Dlarit, Keyan Farlander, and Lt. Ketch.

I'd settle for Gavyn Sykes & Rhys Dallows, the protagonists of Star Wars: Battle for Naboo and Star Wars: Starfighter in N-1s. Both got up to an awful lot, so could be further strong i5 (or i3 utility providers, as both organised and led others during the conflict) for the fighter.

6 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

The StarFortress says otherwise. It has not had a 2.0 re-release yet we have Paige as a pilot. So while card packs will probably favor 2.0 released ships, there's not reason they can't be peppered with new pilots for conversion only ships like the StarFortress.

There's also the potential of cross-faction pilots to expand the options for "2.0 releases only". For example, the N-1 could have Leia, Shara Bey or Queen Soruna as Rebel N-1 pilots, or Leema Kai as a First Order pilot with a bomb slot instead of torpedo slot, which would give FO access to bombs while they wait for the FO Bomber to release.

As for what I'd want to see most for each faction:

Rebels: Either General Merrick X-Wing pilot or Leia N-1 pilot.
Imperials: Dark Curse TIE Fighter pilot. He was one of my favorite TIE pilots in 1.0 and I was sad he didn't make the transition.
Scum: Thweek, Savan or Black Sun Vigo StarViper pilot. Or anything else they can come up with. I'll take any Viper pilots they give me! If they can't do that, then points drop for the existing I4s would be nice. In no world is Xizor worth as much as an Outmaneuver Assassin, and Dalan is questionable.
Resistance: Lando Falcon pilot. 'Nuff said.
First Order: Leema Kai N-1 pilot (bomb slot over torpedo) - Bombs for the First Order!
Republic: R3-S6 astromech, preferably dirt cheap with a decent benefit but allows your opponent to trigger negative effects through R3. Just a fun flavorful thing.
Separatists: Drawing blanks here...

Edited by Enigami

2 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

I'd like an I2 Star Viper with the ability to use 2 banks on bendy rolls. Maybe.

Additional lower Initiative Viper pilots would be interesting, and a 2 bank roll is very interesting. Maybe it could be a ship title or pilot ability if too strong on Guri, "use speed 2 templates when boosting or barrel rolling"

Republic T-65 x-wing for Rey

FO/republic Tie/ln fighter for Ben Solo

(I think the chassis for old ships used for new factions would be good way to push models and give unique single ship to factions)

Alphabet Squadron for each ship (probably a reality for future card packs)

I agree old Ben Kenobi crew would be great

And hear me out on this...what about a scum and Seperatist card/dial/cardboard Jango Fett? That way they wouldn't have to worry about pushing models and could be a huge selling point for the newest card pack (though I would still love a seperatist Slave 1)

2 more RZ-1 A-wing, TIE Interceptor and TIE Defender pilots.

Rebels cast in appropriate fighters

Republic - MORE CLONES AND JEDI! (because what else are we gonna get?)

CIS: MORE SITH AND DROIDS!

Scum, First Order and Resistance... no clue.