Jump to content
Darth Meanie

Dear FFG, The Next Time You Make An Aces Pack

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

. . .I don't need a reversible Gina Moonsong base.  I need a Generic Pilot on the backside to make of for a lack of extra tiles in the Conversion Kits.

Gina/Gina is 1/2 as useful as Gina/Dagger Squadron.

 

Oh please, what kind of pleb isn't using Gina :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

. . .I don't need a reversible Gina Moonsong base.  I need a Generic Pilot on the backside to make of for a lack of extra tiles in the Conversion Kits.

Gina/Gina is 1/2 as useful as Gina/Dagger Squadron.

I think the argument is sort of the reverse - an extra Blade/Blue Squadron base is pointless if there's no pilot card with it, and there's no Blade/Blue Squadron pilot card in the pack. 

The conversion kit has bases that let you run two Blades or two Blues, which matches the number of pilot cards. So technically, you shouldn't have a lack of tiles. If all you own is the conversion kit and the aces pack, you still only have enough content to put two B-Wings in a list, but you can run those two B-Wings in any combination you like. If you have more models than that, the argument would be you need more conversion kits anyway to at least get the dials. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Oh please, what kind of pleb isn't using Gina :p

A pleb flying a wing.

DQURWME.jpg

And wouldn't it be great if her tile could be used to finish off generics in the wing??

7 minutes ago, Mep said:

and can I get breakfast in bed, eggs over easy, hashbrowns, bacon, and coffee. That would be great, thanks.

If you play Epic, there are NOT ENOUGH GENERIC TILES in the CK.

How hard would it be for FFG to make those card pack bases JUST SLIGHTLY MORE USEFUL.

Geez.  Just cuz it's doesn't matter you do doesn't mean it doesn't matter to anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

I think the argument is sort of the reverse - an extra Blade/Blue Squadron base is pointless if there's no pilot card with it, and there's no Blade/Blue Squadron pilot card in the pack. 

The conversion kit has bases that let you run two Blades or two Blues, which matches the number of pilot cards. So technically, you shouldn't have a lack of tiles. If all you own is the conversion kit and the aces pack, you still only have enough content to put two B-Wings in a list, but you can run those two B-Wings in any combination you like. If you have more models than that, the argument would be you need more conversion kits anyway to at least get the dials. 

*sigh*

I forget that some people won't play without cards.

Last night neither of us could put the right bases on our wings because we are not going to buy 5 flipping conversion kits to make a wing.  I opened my Aces pack to discover that the base for Gina it utterly useless to make up the gap.  Thought adding a generic flip side would make Aces packs helpful to the casual Epic crowd.  Ran into a wall of rigid game design "requirements."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

If you play Epic, there are NOT ENOUGH GENERIC TILES in the CK.

How hard would it be for FFG to make those card pack bases JUST SLIGHTLY MORE USEFUL.

Geez.  Just cuz it's doesn't matter you do doesn't mean it doesn't matter to anyone.

As a fellow epic player I 100% agree with this sentiment. (Also put Chewy or something on the back of Leia; there's tons of impossible combos from 1 CK 😢  )

I'd also like to request Vult Skerris, Ciena Ree, Aidon Fox, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum), and HERA SYNDULLA (PHOENIX LEADER)

I'm fully agnostic about Tycho and other Legends pilots. The A-Wing needs more. If you want to raid the old EU, feel free. If you'd rather make up your own hopefully-one-day-canon pilots, you do you. But 2 named RZ-1s compared to 6 named RZ-2s is just pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

As a fellow epic player I 100% agree with this sentiment. (Also put Chewy or something on the back of Leia; there's tons of impossible combos from 1 CK 😢  )

I'd also like to request Vult Skerris, Ciena Ree, Aidon Fox, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum), and HERA SYNDULLA (PHOENIX LEADER)

I'm fully agnostic about Tycho and other Legends pilots. The A-Wing needs more. If you want to raid the old EU, feel free. If you'd rather make up your own hopefully-one-day-canon pilots, you do you. But 2 named RZ-1s compared to 6 named RZ-2s is just pathetic.

Yeah, I don't have much of a preference about who the next round of aces is.  (Well, I might, but that's not the point of this thread.}

I would just like to see the tiles be more than "play Gina Moonsong or don't."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

*sigh*

I forget that some people won't play without cards.

Last night neither of us could put the right bases on our wings because we are not going to buy 5 flipping conversion kits to make a wing.  I opened my Aces pack to discover that the base for Gina it utterly useless to make up the gap.  Thought adding a generic flip side would make Aces packs helpful to the casual Epic crowd.  Ran into a wall of rigid game design "requirements."

It's not exactly about what I will or won't do. But technically the rules require a pilot card for each ship on the board so that you can assign them shield tokens, damage cards, charge tokens on upgrades etc.

I know that you can just pool all those tokens by a number token, but FFG want you to have the cards and I don't think you can feel hard done by if you're trying to get round that and they aren't catering for it. 

 

But beyond that, how are you running more B-wings without the dials anyway? If you have enough dials then, at least as far as the B-Wing is concerned, you should have enough bases for any possible combination. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

I forget that some people won't play without cards.

Can't you then just pick any other i1/i2 rebel tile? I used LtBastian in place of Ronith yesterday.

Why are you willing to "break" the rules, but only to a certain point and not more where FFG should accomodate your specific kind of rule breaking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

. . .I don't need a reversible Gina Moonsong base.  I need a Generic Pilot on the backside to make of for a lack of extra tiles in the Conversion Kits.

Gina/Gina is 1/2 as useful as Gina/Dagger Squadron.

100% yes.  I know there are lots of pilots people want, but this should be unobjectionable.

29 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

I think the argument is sort of the reverse - an extra Blade/Blue Squadron base is pointless if there's no pilot card with it, and there's no Blade/Blue Squadron pilot card in the pack. 

The conversion kit has bases that let you run two Blades or two Blues, which matches the number of pilot cards. So technically, you shouldn't have a lack of tiles. If all you own is the conversion kit and the aces pack, you still only have enough content to put two B-Wings in a list, but you can run those two B-Wings in any combination you like. If you have more models than that, the argument would be you need more conversion kits anyway to at least get the dials. 

Not entirely!  Maybe it works out fine for the B-Wing, but for some ships, it really doesn't.

I don't recall whether the generic Jumpmaster was on the back of Tel or the back of Manaroo, but that'd be another pair of pilots which couldn't be flown together from the same kit.  Having Nom Lum have the Contracted Scout on the reverse base would open up more options even without more pilot cards.

Likewise, the TIE Interceptor has similar issues.  You can't fly Soontir and two Sabers, since the 3rd token is Turr Phennir/Alpha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

But beyond that, how are you running more B-wings without the dials anyway? If you have enough dials then, at least as far as the B-Wing is concerned, you should have enough bases for any possible combination. 

 

Whilst I haven't checked the B-Wing situation in detail, the base token configurations for many ships aren't...optimum.

Eg you get 4 Z95 dials per CK, but only 3 base token and 3 pilot cards for each generic.

Tansarii Point Veteran is a very sore issue - one base token per kit, 3 Pilot cards!

So, I agree with Darth Meanie. There is no difference in printing costs if the flip side of the tokens are used for generics.

I also have 2 Lambda shuttles. I wanted to fly both Kagi and Jendon on the same list at a tournament. So, Jendon had to pretend to be Sai (or vice-versa). It was still legal because I had the correct base tokens, just only one ship could be labelled properly at a time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

But beyond that, how are you running more B-wings without the dials anyway? If you have enough dials then, at least as far as the B-Wing is concerned, you should have enough bases for any possible combination. 

You really only need one dial for a wing, until you decide to break the off, which you probably won't until you've lost a couple anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clanofwolves said:

More Importantly FFG:

wK4RXxA.png

 

59 minutes ago, Skitch_ said:

Man, he is gonna be super good at I8.

Haha, yes certainly. I'd love an I5 but would even be quite fine with an I4 to be honest. 

Oh, and let's add in purple tokens into the Carnor jamming mix, hahahahaha!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

 

Haha, yes certainly. I'd love an I5 but would even be quite fine with an I4 to be honest. 

Oh, and let's add in purple tokens into the Carnor jamming mix, hahahahaha!!

Carnor should just be an I4 with "Enemies at Range 1 may not spend tokens to modify dice".  Good god he'd generate some hatred.  

Edited by Jyico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gilarius said:

I wanted to fly both Kagi and Jendon on the same list at a tournament. So, Jendon had to pretend to be Sai (or vice-versa).

There are a lot of these, particularly with the cast of Rebels. Most pilots from the conversion kits aren't super bad for what their flipside is but there are a few notable ones:

Boba Fett / Krassis Trelix

Han Solo / Chewbacca (Rebel)

Dengar / Tel Trevura

Asajj Ventress / Ketsu Onyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jyico said:

Carnor should just be an I4 with "Enemies at Range 1 may not spend tokens to modify dice".  Good god he'd generate some hatred.  

Make it "at the start of activation, you spend a charge and choose a ship at range 0-1. That ship may not spend tokens or charges to modify dice when attacking or defending."

Edited by 5050Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

It's not exactly about what I will or won't do. But technically the rules require a pilot card for each ship on the board so that you can assign them shield tokens, damage cards, charge tokens on upgrades etc.

Yeah, that's really what the *sigh* was about; you reminded me it would be "breaking the rules."

Quote

FFG want you to have the cards and I don't think you can feel hard done by if you're trying to get round that and they aren't catering for it. 

But in that case, I'd prefer they actually toss in the generic cards too for us folks with larger, poorly converted collections.  OTOH, this is not what I'm asking for, since it would increase the cost of the packs.

Quote

But beyond that, how are you running more B-wings without the dials anyway?

As stated above, Wings.  Dials no longer matter, just models, bases, and (technically} cards.

And as also stated above, you can use the wrong bases.

BUT.

In general, I can't see my opponent's (possibly printed} list/cards.  What I can see is the ship bases.  So, if I would want anything to be accurate, it would be the ship's base out in the middle of the table.

Edited by Darth Meanie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...