Sign in to follow this  
Prosk_019

Prosk's Homebrew Thread

Now that I've got access to the wonderful X-wing plugin for strange eons, I've started to convert my custom content to printable cards! I'll try to convert more stuff down the line while continuing to make new custom content, so if you have any requests I'd be happy to oblige. I've only done homebrews for the 'evil' factions thus far, and I think I need to broaden my horizons. Feel free to use this thread for giving feedback, reporting errors, suggesting different prices (though you can use whatever prices you want, they're merely a guide) and making requests.

Also, apologies for any formatting inconsistencies, my method for making the upgrade cards was sometimes... primitive. That said, I tried real hard to match the language used by official cards so that they wouldn't break the game.

If you have any questions for how certain cards are meant to work, lemme know.

Expansion 1 - Tri-fighter

(Note - the faction printed on the card is Imperial, as the Separatist template is currently unavailable in strange eons. I'll update this in the future if it changes)

https://imgur.com/a/Qp8FNsB

Expansion 2 - Delta-class Shuttle

(Note - template is correct here. Also thanks to @Hiemfire for helping me reword "Omen" and "Comms Operator" for proper function and clarity)

https://imgur.com/a/0GLykVn

Expansion 3 - Sheathipede-class Shuttle

(Note - same as with the tri-fighter, the faction printed on the card is Imperial but it is intended for the separatist faction)

https://imgur.com/a/Tf5BDsI

On 2/12/2020 at 7:14 PM, Prosk_019 said:

Now that I've got access to the wonderful X-wing plugin for strange eons, I've started to convert my custom content to printable cards! I'll try to convert more stuff down the line while continuing to make new custom content, so if you have any requests I'd be happy to oblige. I've only done homebrews for the 'evil' factions thus far, and I think I need to broaden my horizons. Feel free to use this thread for giving feedback, reporting errors, suggesting different prices (though you can use whatever prices you want, they're merely a guide) and making requests.

Also, apologies for any formatting inconsistencies, my method for making the upgrade cards was sometimes... primitive. That said, I tried real hard to match the language used by official cards so that they wouldn't break the game.

If you have any questions for how certain cards are meant to work, lemme know.

Expansion 1 - Tri-fighter

(Note - the faction printed on the card is Imperial, as the Separatist template is currently unavailable in strange eons. I'll update this in the future if it changes)

https://imgur.com/a/Qp8FNsB

Expansion 2 - Delta-class Shuttle

(Note - template is correct here. Also thanks to @Hiemfire for helping me reword "Omen" and "Comms Operator" for proper function and clarity)

https://imgur.com/a/0GLykVn

Expansion 3 - Sheathipede-class Shuttle

(Note - same as with the tri-fighter, the faction printed on the card is Imperial but it is intended for the separatist faction)

https://imgur.com/a/Tf5BDsI

****, that Delta shuttle is cool dude.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:14 PM, Prosk_019 said:

Now that I've got access to the wonderful X-wing plugin for strange eons, 

Hmm. . . @Hinnyboy, my plug in (that I installed just a couple weeks ago) does not have Calculate Actions.  Did I miss an update or do the wrong plug in??

Edited by Darth Meanie

1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

Hmm. . . @Hinnyboy, my plug in (that I installed just a couple weeks ago) does not have Calculate Actions.  Did I miss an update or do the wrong plug in??

Right next to initiative there should be a box that you tick for whether the pilot is a 'droid' which changes focus actions to calculate

5 hours ago, KCDodger said:

****, that Delta shuttle is cool dude.

Thank you!!! I tried real hard to nail the feel of electronic warfare with that one and not include any cloak actions. I feel like folks don't get too excited for the Delta cause it's got relatively little screen time and has a weird silhouette, but those noted 'stealth capabilities' on the wookieepedia lead to some rigorous 'research' into real life stealth technology on wikipedia. The ship was surprisingly quite inspiring to design abilities for

11 minutes ago, Prosk_019 said:

Right next to initiative there should be a box that you tick for whether the pilot is a 'droid' which changes focus actions to calculate

Sweet!!  Thanks.

I knew that was there, but never explored it's functionality.

Sadly, that still makes my X-83 TwinTail design hard to do.

51 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Sadly, that still makes my X-83 TwinTail design hard to do.

You trynna have calculate actions and focus actions on the same ship? Same man, dunno how I'm gonna make a tie brute homebrew that way

15 hours ago, 414taylor said:

Would you care to make pilots,dials and ship tiles for an AT-ST y-wing?

You mean the 'ugly'? Yeah I suppose I could take a stab at it, not sure what special capabilities it might have but I'll see what I can find after a bit of research. Is there anything you're particularly interested in for a ship ability or pilot ability?

10 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Lots of good stuff here. I have to say though, I don't understand Nute Gunray. Seems like it doesn't provide any benefit to the Sheathipede.

Thank you! Yeah I agree Gunray is a bit weird, you can probably tell the text is meant to be a representation of him getting panicked once defences are down, and it kinda-sorta synergises with the Lapiz Cutter title.

I'm not sure how the math works out for his text ability - whether it's a net positive or negative for defence through the course of multiple games (cause you can reroll focus).

Assuming it's a net positive, the red coordinate acts as a way to activate the ability while maintaining action economy (as opposed to getting a stress from a maneuver).

Assuming it's a net negative, then you can see it as a drawback for equipping it on something like the Infiltrator (especially on Sith pilots who would've liked to keep those focus results), and at that point it becomes a cheap way of getting coordinate on the platform.

It's really more of an upgrade for the Infiltrator than anything else

56 minutes ago, Prosk_019 said:

Thank you! Yeah I agree Gunray is a bit weird, you can probably tell the text is meant to be a representation of him getting panicked once defences are down, and it kinda-sorta synergises with the Lapiz Cutter title.

I'm not sure how the math works out for his text ability - whether it's a net positive or negative for defence through the course of multiple games (cause you can reroll focus).

Assuming it's a net positive, the red coordinate acts as a way to activate the ability while maintaining action economy (as opposed to getting a stress from a maneuver).

Assuming it's a net negative, then you can see it as a drawback for equipping it on something like the Infiltrator (especially on Sith pilots who would've liked to keep those focus results), and at that point it becomes a cheap way of getting coordinate on the platform.

It's really more of an upgrade for the Infiltrator than anything else

Thinking about it outside of the Sheathipede certainly changes how to see it, and I can see how it might be more fun on the Infiltrator. I guess just surprised to see it alongside a platform that already has a white coordinate. It being red to allow for the reroll makes sense. Thanks.

I really like the Delta Shuttle you've made, but I'd prefer to see it with a 2-primary and maybe just 1 crew slot (compare the crew capability of the Delta vs Lambda; 8 vs 24ish). These would allow it to carry a much lower price tag. Another shuttle right in the Lambda's range would be okay but somehow disappointing to me as I really want a cheaper coordinate platform for Imps.

Then again, we could leave that to the TIE Shuttle? Would be interesting to see a support ship that couldn't take limited crew...

On 2/19/2020 at 6:18 AM, Prosk_019 said:

You mean the 'ugly'? Yeah I suppose I could take a stab at it, not sure what special capabilities it might have but I'll see what I can find after a bit of research. Is there anything you're particularly interested in for a ship ability or pilot ability?

Just a suggestion for stats, slots and dial for it:

Stats (F/A/H): 2/2/3

Slots: mod, payload, illicit

Dial: Republic Y-Wing

13 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I really like the Delta Shuttle you've made, but I'd prefer to see it with a 2-primary and maybe just 1 crew slot (compare the crew capability of the Delta vs Lambda; 8 vs 24ish). These would allow it to carry a much lower price tag. Another shuttle right in the Lambda's range would be okay but somehow disappointing to me as I really want a cheaper coordinate platform for Imps.

Then again, we could leave that to the TIE Shuttle? Would be interesting to see a support ship that couldn't take limited crew...

Yeah that's more than fair enough and makes a lot of sense. I think I gave it 3 attack because it seemed to have a lot of guns listed on wookiepedia, and it even had a gunner. 2 crew was there to allow it to fill a similar role to the Reaper, but as a slightly more forgiving chassis in terms of movement. The thing is dang small though, so perhaps a small base with the suggestions you've given could be a future variant? Maybe I could update the upgrade lineup with some kind of 'defensive gunner'?

12 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Just a suggestion for stats, slots and dial for it:

Stats (F/A/H): 2/2/3

Slots: mod, payload, illicit

Dial: Republic Y-Wing

Ah thank you, I have no clue what kind of stats are appropriate for uglies. Any details or properties of the ship that could be turned into a ship ability? You probably know how I can be about ship abilities

32 minutes ago, Prosk_019 said:

Yeah that's more than fair enough and makes a lot of sense. I think I gave it 3 attack because it seemed to have a lot of guns listed on wookiepedia, and it even had a gunner. 2 crew was there to allow it to fill a similar role to the Reaper, but as a slightly more forgiving chassis in terms of movement. The thing is dang small though, so perhaps a small base with the suggestions you've given could be a future variant? Maybe I could update the upgrade lineup with some kind of 'defensive gunner'?

Looking at the Incredible Cross Sections, there's really not that much room inside and the armaments, while highly customizable, aren't abundant, and I don't think there's a seat for a non-pilot gunner IIRC. 2-attack and cannon slot seems like the best representation to me.

I do think Medium base is accurate if only to accommodate for the size of the wings. It would be especially interesting if it didn't have the lock action or a mod slot, and Krennic's title got a special benefit from the lock action as an incentive for bringing him.

1 or 2 crew slots I could go either way on. It's definitely less space than the Lambda, but I like the idea of putting Death Troopers on there (though they already do fine on the Reaper). I just enjoy the idea of a 35-ish point single-VIP shuttle for the Empire, and I feel like this ship fits the bill well.

I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

It would be especially interesting if it didn't have the lock action or a mod slot, and Krennic's title got a special benefit from the lock action as an incentive for bringing him.

Image result for dude pointing to his head

2 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

1 or 2 crew slots I could go either way on. It's definitely less space than the Lambda, but I like the idea of putting Death Troopers on there (though they already do fine on the Reaper). I just enjoy the idea of a 35-ish point single-VIP shuttle for the Empire, and I feel like this ship fits the bill well.

What if the title added a crew? Death Troopers are Krennic's thing correct? Oh I like that actually, the non-title Deltas would then be able to fill the crew-slotted Phantom-shaped hole in my heart

11 minutes ago, Prosk_019 said:

What if the title added a crew? Death Troopers are Krennic's thing correct? Oh I like that actually, the non-title Deltas would then be able to fill the crew-slotted Phantom-shaped hole in my heart

Something like:

• Krennic's Shuttle

"Add [crew] slot.

While you defend against an enemy ship you are locking, roll one extra die.

When you receive a lock token, you may receive one jam token to remove a red token."

Or something weird like that.