Sign in to follow this  
immortalfrieza

Repairing equipment costs and Advantage Reduction

Question about repairing equipment. As I read it, according to the rules for repairing equipment it costs 25% of full cost for a minor repair, 50% for a moderate repair, and 100% for a major repair, then decrease the repair cost by 10% for each advantage gotten during a successful roll. My question is, does that mean if the number of advantages equals or exceeds the cost % for the repair required i.e. 3 advantage (30%) on a minor repair (25%) or is there a minimum cost regardless?

from how I read it is some times you can repair it for free as you are just that good

one other way to look at it is that it turned out to not be as bad as you thought ie it was a lose wire

Here's how the CRB phrases it (bolds added for emphasis):

The cost of the repairs is equal to a percentage of the weapon's base cost, 25% if it's a minor repair, 50% if it's a moderate repair, and 100% if it requires major work. Reduce the total by 10% for each Advantage received on the repair roll if the character is doing it himself. (A Non-Player Character weaponsmith won't reduce his price for his skill)

You calculate the cost of repairs, then you reduce that by 10%*Advantage, like @Darth Revenant said.