NullARC

Clone Wars Core Set: Droidekas

The Legion Core Set comes with 4 total Droideka models, 2 in wheel mode and 2 in battle mode. However it only comes with one stat card. So, my question is, are the wheel mode miniatures just there to show they are in that mode (even though there is a token for this)? Or are they meant to be used as two separate squads? I’m assuming that the wheel mode models only exist to show they are in that mode because there is only the one stat card. If all 4 were supposed to be used I would expect there to be 2 stat cards.

Thanks for your help!

Correct. The wheel mode models are optional, and exist only to show they are in wheel mode. I didn't even build them all because of how hard they are to attach to the base, and I'll probably never use them anyway. 

Thanks for the replies, guys. I really appreciate it. I guess I built those fiddly little guys for no reason. LOL

Edited by NullARC

11 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

Correct. The wheel mode models are optional, and exist only to show they are in wheel mode. I didn't even build them all because of how hard they are to attach to the base, and I'll probably never use them anyway. 

Trick I used: the part where their back arches, between the two shield ‘wings’, is a nice flat spot you can them down with superglue.

5 hours ago, NullARC said:

Thanks for the replies, guys. I really appreciate it. I guess I built those fiddly little guys for no reason. LOL

You most definitely did not. Changing the line of sight profile while in wheel mode is huge if you can get them behind a wall that is tall enough to hide them. There's a big difference between heavy cover and can't shoot them because the attacker has no line of sight.

7 hours ago, Mokoshkana said:

You most definitely did not. Changing the line of sight profile while in wheel mode is huge if you can get them behind a wall that is tall enough to hide them. There's a big difference between heavy cover and can't shoot them because the attacker has no line of sight.

Which may be moot in the coming days. I'd imagine the LoS changes won't just be for Troopers.

2 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Which may be moot in the coming days. I'd imagine the LoS changes won't just be for Troopers.

Perhaps but it would be incredibly dumb for them to make a template that says you can see wheel droids behind a wall when the miniature actually cannot see the model.

5 hours ago, Katsutoshi said:

That and... you can have 2 units for the price of 1 for friendly games ! You just have to switch minis if you have a problem determining LoS at some point ! 😁

Best way I've found to do this is to have the standing droids be the unit leaders.

11 minutes ago, Mokoshkana said:

Perhaps but it would be incredibly dumb for them to make a template that says you can see wheel droids behind a wall when the miniature actually cannot see the model.

Eh, wouldn't be the first time a rule game included a non-realistic rule for the sake of simplicity. Like getting heavy cover just because the leader can't see the target, even though the rest of the squad is shooting through the open.