Sign in to follow this  
Deadshane

Wondertwins with Tauntauns just got more versatile AND tougher!

.....with the latest drop anyway.  This seems pretty darn good!

++  Standard (Rebel Alliance) [799 Points] ++

+ Commander +

Rebel Officer [50 Points]

•Leia Organa [90 Points]

+ Operative +

•Luke Skywalker† [219 Points]: Force Reflexes, Jedi Mind Trick, Offensive Push†

•R2-D2† [35 Points]

+ Corps +

Rebel Troopers [40 Points]

+ Support +

Tauntaun Riders [95 Points]: Comms Jammer

+ Command Hand +

Command Hand: •Blast Off!†, •Son of Skywalker, ••My Ally Is the Force, ••No Time for Sorrows, •••Return of the Jedi, •••Smoke Screen†, ••••Standing Orders

+ Battle Cards +

Condition Cards

Deployment Cards

Objective Cards

++ Total: [799 Points] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Drop the officer, get another rebel trooper out an hquplink on 1 tauntaun  and use the remaining 10 points to get tenacity and/or Strict orders. The additional rebel officer I feel doesn't so much since the trooper is the better if you already have a commander and if Leia drops Like can take over command duty. I do think this does miss out on the better Luke command cards.

According to the text on 3POs card you should always include him right? 

Counterpart R2D2: While building an army this mini must be added to an R2D2 unit.. hence, once you field R2 you automatically have to field 3PO as well. You cannot field 3PO separately though. 

Screenshot 2020-02-17 at 23.17.33.jpg

1 hour ago, Jord Vader said:

According to the text on 3POs card you should always include him right? 

Counterpart R2D2: While building an army this mini must be added to an R2D2 unit.. hence, once you field R2 you automatically have to field 3PO as well. You cannot field 3PO separately though. 

Screenshot 2020-02-17 at 23.17.33.jpg

I think it was cleared up in the other thread, but look at it this way. A Rebel Trooper Squad can be fielded with no upgrades. A Z6 model can't come in by itself, and based on its card text and upgrade slot, if it is to be added, it must be added to a rebel trooper squad.

Counterparts dont have an upgrade slot, instead they must be fielded with what ever unit they are listed if they are to be included in your army.

On 2/12/2020 at 8:52 AM, Deadshane said:

.....with the latest drop anyway.  This seems pretty darn good!

++  Standard (Rebel Alliance) [799 Points] ++

+ Commander +

Rebel Officer [50 Points]

•Leia Organa [90 Points]

+ Operative +

•Luke Skywalker† [219 Points]: Force Reflexes, Jedi Mind Trick, Offensive Push†

•R2-D2† [35 Points]

+ Corps +

+ Support +

+ Command Hand +

Command Hand: •Blast Off!†, •Son of Skywalker, ••My Ally Is the Force, ••No Time for Sorrows, •••Return of the Jedi, •••Smoke Screen†, ••••Standing Orders

+ Battle Cards +

Condition Cards

Deployment Cards

Objective Cards

++ Total: [799 Points] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Why even bring Leia if you’re ditching her best card?

19 hours ago, Derrault said:

Why even bring Leia if you’re ditching her best card?

CB isn't THAT good. NTFS is clearly the best card. Give those tauntauns tenacity tho

3 hours ago, Cleto0 said:

CB isn't THAT good. NTFS is clearly the best card. Give those tauntauns tenacity tho

@Cleto0
"CB isn't THAT good. NTFS is clearly the best card. Give those tauntauns tenacity tho"

I mean, it's 6 red crit surge dice where the targets have no cover. That's 5.25 expected hits, which, even if the targets save for half are 2.625 wounds, and 3 suppression. Beyond the damage, if you cost the opponent an activation, or activations, that's pretty amazing. (i.e. loss from panic/suppression/wiping out a poorly positioned strike team).

What's NTFS really do here? 2 dodge tokens (on tauntauns) and some movement, that's just so-so.

4 hours ago, Derrault said:

@Cleto0
"CB isn't THAT good. NTFS is clearly the best card. Give those tauntauns tenacity tho"

I mean, it's 6 red crit surge dice where the targets have no cover. That's 5.25 expected hits, which, even if the targets save for half are 2.625 wounds, and 3 suppression. Beyond the damage, if you cost the opponent an activation, or activations, that's pretty amazing. (i.e. loss from panic/suppression/wiping out a poorly positioned strike team).

What's NTFS really do here? 2 dodge tokens (on tauntauns) and some movement, that's just so-so.

LOL. CB is strong, but I like the extra versatility that Blast Off! brings to your R2D2 unit.  As for NTFS being "so-so". I have nothing. Are you joking? Like I legit cannot tell when you are trolling or just oblivious. 

1 hour ago, Cleto0 said:

LOL. CB is strong, but I like the extra versatility that Blast Off! brings to your R2D2 unit.  As for NTFS being "so-so". I have nothing. Are you joking? Like I legit cannot tell when you are trolling or just oblivious. 

It’s two speed one moves. Do you have something good about that? It can’t trigger the Tauntauns relentless, because that requires a move action. So, if you have something that makes it better in your mind, please, by all means, speak up.

10 hours ago, Derrault said:

It’s two speed one moves. Do you have something good about that? It can’t trigger the Tauntauns relentless, because that requires a move action. So, if you have something that makes it better in your mind, please, by all means, speak up.

The free move give them a dodge, which combined with their other 2 moves, is a total of 3 dodge tokens.

3 dodges, plus light/heavy cover via placement is a strong defence, combined with their relentless attack, which NTFS gives them extra range to achieve, is extreamly good.

5 hours ago, Deadshane said:

only 2 dodges now after the update.

How so they still have 3 movea. The rules changed how they could easily disengage , now they have to use their entire activation to make a speed 1 reverse so they only get 1 dodge.for that. However there was no change to Agile.

2 hours ago, syrath said:

How so they still have 3 movea. The rules changed how they could easily disengage , now they have to use their entire activation to make a speed 1 reverse so they only get 1 dodge.for that. However there was no change to Agile.

There was a clarification that pivot isn’t a standard move, and so it (reposition) doesn’t trigger agile. 

9 minutes ago, Derrault said:

There was a clarification that pivot isn’t a standard move, and so it (reposition) doesn’t trigger agile. 

Yes however you still get to do 2 standard moves , (the pivot is free as per repositon) it never gave you the second dodge. Your first move did, your second move gives you dodge, and you still get your first dodge from no time for sorrows. So how doesn't it get its 3 dodges.

1 hour ago, syrath said:

Yes however you still get to do 2 standard moves , (the pivot is free as per repositon) it never gave you the second dodge. Your first move did, your second move gives you dodge, and you still get your first dodge from no time for sorrows. So how doesn't it get its 3 dodges.

It does, I thought this was a misunderstanding about pivot?

23 minutes ago, Derrault said:

It does, I thought this was a misunderstanding about pivot?

Deadshane said that they only get 2 dodges with NTFS 

On 2/21/2020 at 3:57 PM, gothound said:

The free move give them a dodge, which combined with their other 2 moves, is a total of 3 dodge tokens.

3 dodges, plus light/heavy cover via placement is a strong defence, combined with their relentless attack, which NTFS gives them extra range to achieve, is extreamly good.

10 hours ago, Deadshane said:

16 hours ago, Deadshane said:

Where in the new update does it state that? There was no change to agile. NTFS gives a move which gives a dodge, two other moves give 2 dodges for a total of 3.