Desslok

THE END IS NIGH! S&S is shipping (Also, gimmie da spoilers!)

Mine's finally arrived. The Assault Frigate has... some odd weapon arcs. It has 'five forward, five port and five starboard medium turbolaser batteries' with a listed arc 'forward, port and starboard'. Is that reasonable? Like, I can imagine 'forward or port or starboard' or 'forward and port and starboard or forward and port or forward and starboard', but port turbolasers firing starboard seems odd.

22 hours ago, Talkie Toaster said:

Mine's finally arrived. The Assault Frigate has... some odd weapon arcs. It has 'five forward, five port and five starboard medium turbolaser batteries' with a listed arc 'forward, port and starboard'. Is that reasonable? Like, I can imagine 'forward or port or starboard' or 'forward and port and starboard or forward and port or forward and starboard', but port turbolasers firing starboard seems odd.

Read through them again. I think I know where they were going.

Medium Turbolasers: 5 Forward, 5 Port, and 5 Starboard. Each fires in only one Arc. 5 of them can fire Forward, 5 can fire Port, etc. I suppose it could also be interpreted as each of them, regardless of position can pivot through those 3 Arcs on turrets? But that would be non-sensical since why divide their placement up into 3 categories if they all can fire the same Arcs? So, I think the "and" in Arc is a typo and should be, "or".

Light Quad Turbolasers: 5 Forward and 5 Aft. Under Arc it says, "Forward, Port, & Starboard OR Aft". I think that means the Forward ones are up front but partially turreted allowing them to also turn right or left to fire Port and Starboard. The Aft ones aren't turreted as well and can only fire out the back.

Heavy Laser Cannons: 5 Forward, 5 Port, and 5 Starboard. The Arcs gives Forward or Port or Starboard. So, each can only face targets where they are mounted. 

15 hours ago, Inquisitor Tremayne said:

So, pre-ordered through Amazon and had a delivery date of March 11 - 13.  On the 13th received a notice that there has been a delay and they will TRY to get it to me by April 15... 😭

Yeah, that was the same problem I had.

I ordered another copy through Amazon, but this time it came from a different seller — and cost a lot more.

That second copy has now arrived here, and I’m going back to cancel that first copy which is still not due to arrive until April or May.