Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
oldschoolgamr

Waiting for Dream-Eaters pdf rules update

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, ArkhamChronicle said:

Do you mean the Campaign Guide?

This is normally only updated once the campaign is concluded surely?

In the past they have been pretty good about updating this as each mythos pack is released, usually within a week or so.

It could be that the layoffs at FFG in January have had an impact on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Assussanni said:

In the past they have been pretty good about updating this as each mythos pack is released, usually within a week or so.

It could be that the layoffs at FFG in January have had an impact on this.

I don't think the layoffs affected the LCG or Board Game departments at all? It was just the software development (FFG Interactive?) and the RPG departments, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sverigesson said:

I don't think the layoffs affected the LCG or Board Game departments at all? It was just the software development (FFG Interactive?) and the RPG departments, right?

They said there was some other reshuffling, although we don't have any other details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Villefere said:

I will go mad if they discontinue these. I have them all printed out.

I agree, they have any corrections that they put in the Faq included. One sheet is better than thumbing through a dozen. It's only a minor complaint, but things do seem to be rocky, just look at the Marvel Champions palaver. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 9:15 PM, bern1106 said:

I agree, they have any corrections that they put in the Faq included. One sheet is better than thumbing through a dozen. It's only a minor complaint, but things do seem to be rocky, just look at the Marvel Champions palaver. :(

Hi, as someone who’s not been following Marvel Champions, could you give us a précis of what the palaver was about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, General Zodd said:

Hi, as someone who’s not been following Marvel Champions, could you give us a précis of what the palaver was about?

As I understand it: delays for the early expansion packs (Captain America, Ms. Marvel, The Green Goblin) in the United States, longer delays outside the United States, and then not enough expansion packs produced to satisfy demand when they did finally release.

Going back to Arkham Horror LCG’s release, I seem to recall The Dunwich Legacy being delayed by about a month or so. Curse of the Rougarou filled the gap, possibly hurriedly manufactured through their in-house printing capability. I also remember some people having trouble finding copies of Lost in Time and Space when it first released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there is any reason to believe they have discontinued these yet. I don't know who was responsible for uploading these but if their department was affected by lay-offs then they may well have fewer people trying to do the same amount of work. In this case it wouldn't be surprising if updates became more sporadic, e.g. it may be that they only upload the final document once the last mythos pack is released rather than doing incremental updates.

Worst case, if it doesn't update soon after the final pack comes out, you can try using the general contact form to get in touch with their customer service. They've been pretty good about responding in the past - I think someone on these forums once asked them to update their Upcoming page and they did it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the inconsistency in the rules update schedule is indeed a bit annoying.

Almost a month has passed since the release of the last Mythos pack, and still no update in sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I send an e-mail to the software team today, where I notice about the pdf missing updates, but also for the stand-alone scenarios missing on cardgamedb, the ''Murder at the excelsior hotel'' and ''the blob'' released yesterday. Perhaps they don't want to put stand-alone on the database, but here are ''Labyrinth of lunacy'' and ''Guardians of the abyss'' so I just try, perhaps will we have everything I ask for ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 8:26 PM, Jekothalep said:

Yeah, the inconsistency in the rules update schedule is indeed a bit annoying.

Almost a month has passed since the release of the last Mythos pack, and still no update in sight.

It could be worse though, considering the last rulesheet update for LOTR LCG is from February 2019, midway through the previous cycle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...