feltipern1

Anyone Else Enjoying the Fireball?

Tried Bucket with Holdo and cloaking Device. Not sure about it, but maybe something is there as a relatively cheap support piece. It was nice helping keep Rey from getting ionized.

Edited by Octarine-08

On 2/17/2020 at 6:36 AM, RStan said:

Tagging @Rytackle because reasons he'll explain ;) 

For those who haven't listened to today's Fly Better episode (I recommend listening, though!), here's Ryan Farmer's store championship-winning list:

Kazuda Xiono (40)    
    R5 Astromech (4)    

Ship total: 44  Half Points: 22  Threshold: 3    

Rose Tico (26)    
Ship total: 26  Half Points: 13  Threshold: 2    

Colossus Station Mechanic (26)    
Ship total: 26  Half Points: 13  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZhZ200Z378XWW6WWWWY345XWWWY380XWWWWWY380XWWWWWY380XWWWWWY380XWWWWWY380XWWWWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

1 hour ago, Stay OT Leader said:

So far the only Fireball I think may be weak is Jarek.  I can see great uses for all the others.

Jarek's got I5, and he's a good intermediate ship for an Aces list, potentially allowing stronger wingmates.  The ability is useful for sprint play, but not everyone will do that.  My current Jarek build is designed for it.

Just saying, the fireball is the best aces high ship, hands down. He's already damaged, so there's no point in shooting at him for first blood. If he's on one hull, he has an easy way to blow up and preserve his points. Kaz will do great around a bunch of I5s and I6s.

1 hour ago, Roller of blanks said:

Just saying, the fireball is the best aces high ship, hands down. He's already damaged, so there's no point in shooting at him for first blood. If he's on one hull, he has an easy way to blow up and preserve his points. Kaz will do great around a bunch of I5s and I6s.

I'm not so certain. You are correct about avoiding the first blood point, but Aces High as written (with rotating initiative) can strongly favour fat i4 or lower ships with strong pilot abilities. 

So, finally got around to ordering a fireball.

Regarding the title, which ship crit do you usually take? I plan on running kaz with the title and R1-J5 and im really unsure on all the pros and cons of the various crits.

6 minutes ago, nurglez said:

Regarding the title, which ship crit do you usually take? I plan on running kaz with the title and R1-J5 and im really unsure on all the pros and cons of the various crits.

Disabled Power Regulator is the one that keeps coming up. No extra damage plus self repairing without an action basically makes it a re-usable Black One.

Keep in mind any crit that doesn't have the option to repair itself on the card doesn't really work with Bucket. 

On 2/17/2020 at 7:30 PM, Octarine-08 said:

Tried Bucket with Holdo and Stealth Device. Not sure about it, but maybe something is there as a relatively cheap support piece. It was nice helping keep Rey from getting ionized.

Doesn’t stealth device pop with the dealt damage card?

On 2/22/2020 at 2:41 PM, nurglez said:

Still working that out.  It really depends, though, on how you want to fly the ship, along with the pilot abilities.  For example, Yeager can execute red basic maneuvers while damaged, and red advanced maneuvers while critically damaged.  Therefore, something that adjusts the difficulty of a maneuver might not impact him hugely.  Kaz is likely going to want something like @Octarine-08 notes - a self-repairing Crit that ionizes him every time you use it.  But that may mean that Bucket's not the best choice for companion Astro.