Darth Meanie

Hyperspace Has a pH of 7

1 hour ago, IridiumR6 said:

K

Ummmm, but potassium is an alkali, a base.  Are you arguing that Hyperspace is basic?  Just want to be clear. 

edit:  There's a joke in here somewhere about being salty about Hyperspace, but I'm a writer, not a chemist....

Edited by Kleeg005

6 hours ago, Crabbok said:

I like the idea of a revolving format - just wish it wasn't so popular.  So many events are in that format that it makes it hard on me to settle into a build that I'd like to stick with... for longer than just a few months.  

I suppose this will be another skill test for players in Hyperspace -- how well can you adapt your list to changes in the format, and/or how well can you transition your skills between lists? Flying one particular list, perhaps even a particular archetype to death may not be the path to victory anymore.

3 hours ago, DR4CO said:

Flying one particular list, perhaps even a particular archetype to death may not be the path to victory anymore.

I'd appreciate there being a downside to months of reps with a single list. I'd like my constant list hopping to be an actual strategy, not just a symptom of my short attention span 🤣

11 hours ago, Crabbok said:

I like the idea of a revolving format - just wish it wasn't so popular.  So many events are in that format that it makes it hard on me to settle into a build that I'd like to stick with... for longer than just a few months.  

Yup.  Personally speaking, I'm not interested in chasing the tail of the meta, or cycling through different builds until I find something that works for me.

I don't get the chance to play often enough as it is, so I'm just going to stick with what I enjoy flying when I do.  If that means waiting for Extended events, fair enough.

15 hours ago, Kleeg005 said:

Ummmm, but potassium is an alkali, a base.  Are you arguing that Hyperspace is basic?  Just want to be clear. 

edit:  There's a joke in here somewhere about being salty about Hyperspace, but I'm a writer, not a chemist....

I mean, strictly speaking, it’s an alkali metal. The alkaline part is actually the hydroxide. 

So, when hyperspace is basic (from KOH), everything in it will be salty (from K+ and OH-). 

Ah chemistry, the thing that binds us all together. Well, neutral is a good position to be in as a player, but Asmodee would probably rather have people raving about this and ranting about the other (overly base and overly acidic), as lots of passionate talk spreads name recognition and focus, ultimately assisting sales.

Well, no quips are coming to mind to illustrate my thoughts on our game, and no jokes are really either, all the good ones argon. But I do have the old standard, "neutron walked into a bar and asked how much for a drink. The bartender replied, 'for you, no charge.'"

I'm here all week, don't forget to tip your waitresses.

...now where's my tea?

1 hour ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I mean, strictly speaking, it’s an alkali metal. The alkaline part is actually the hydroxide. 

So, when hyperspace is basic (from KOH), everything in it will be salty (from K+ and OH-). 

See, I *knew* there was more to it.  High school chemistry was soooooooo long ago.

**** I'm old.

14 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

Asmodee would probably rather have people raving about this and ranting about the other (overly base and overly acidic), as lots of passionate talk spreads name recognition and focus, ultimately assisting sales.

How about if we’re really passionate and vocal in our neutrality?

I THINK HYPERSPACE IS OKAY!!! IT HAS PROS AND CONS BUT THEY BALANCE EACH OTHER OUT!!!!!  EXTENDED IS A GOOD FORMAT, AND SO IS HYPERSPACE!!!!!! I ENJOY THEM BOTH JUST FINE, AND TO EACH HIS OWN!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN TELL HOW PASSIONATE I AM BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS IN CAPS AND I END EACH SENTENCE WITH A LOT OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Herowannabe

45 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Unless his name is Darth Vander, there are just some who won't.

If you ever find yourself playing team epic, and your teammate is a rebel player, you will want you friend to have Dutch Vander with proton torpedoes, so he can pass locks to your Tie advanceds or ordiance carriers. Plus, at only 53 points, he is a drop in the bucket in a team epic match.

16 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

How about if we’re really passionate and vocal in our neutrality?

I THINK HYPERSPACE IS OKAY!!! IT HAS PROS AND CONS BUT THEY BALANCE EACH OTHER OUT!!!!!  EXTENDED IS A GOOD FORMAT, AND SO IS HYPERSPACE!!!!!! I ENJOY THEM BOTH JUST FINE, AND TO EACH HIS OWN!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN TELL HOW PASSIONATE I AM BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS IN CAPS AND I END EACH SENTENCE WITH A LOT OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I really don't think I've ever agreed with anyone over anything quite as much as I agree with this post.

I have a small playgroup with a couple veterans, and a bunch of new players (YAY!), I'm the organizer, so it's tough to call hyperspace format, because I don't  know how easily the new players can field something.

We end up defaulting to extended, and on occasion it will be a 'hyperspace recommended', pretty much meaning the vets are hyperspace, and everyone else does what they can/want.