Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ScottGilbert25

Salvo! What a great token!

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, JauntyChapeau said:

How much damage are you seeing it do over the course of a game?  I'm assuming you're mostly using it on a Starhawk?

I run with 2 tokens on my hawk for it, easily gets about 10+dmg minimum alone, long range is 2 reds always, and then a blue or black depending on variant.

When you add Linked Turbolaser Towers into the mix you can reroll a red in the salvo pool and really start notching up the damage. I run the Mk1 so you usually get 1 or 2 black hit/crits out of it a game as well. It can spike at max 6 dmg and on average it hits for 2/3dmg each salvo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spectre8174 said:

Great new ability just wish it worked with other imperial ships other than the SSD. Its very much oppinion, wish it was an offensive retrofit.

It works on a VSD very well. Lets give it a try :D

VSD (0/275/400)
================
Victory II-class Star Destroyer (85 + 67: 152)
    + Admiral Motti (24)
    + Minister Tua (2)
    + Local Fire Control (4)
    + Disposable Capacitors (3)
    + Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
    + Linked Turbolaser Towers (7)
    + Harrow (3)
    + Engine Techs (8)
    + Electronic Countermeasures (7)
Victory II-class Star Destroyer (85 + 38: 123)
    + Intel Officer (7)
    + Local Fire Control (4)
    + Disposable Capacitors (3)
    + Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
    + Linked Turbolaser Towers (7)
    + Warlord (8)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Spectre8174 said:

Great new ability just wish it worked with other imperial ships other than the SSD. Its very much oppinion, wish it was an offensive retrofit.

It works on whatever ship you're willing to trade a weapons team and a defense token for. Seems great to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spike2109 said:

It works on a VSD very well. Lets give it a try :D

VSD (0/275/400)
================
Victory II-class Star Destroyer (85 + 67: 152)
    + Admiral Motti (24)
    + Minister Tua (2)
    + Local Fire Control (4)
    + Disposable Capacitors (3)
    + Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
    + Linked Turbolaser Towers (7)
    + Harrow (3)
    + Engine Techs (8)
    + Electronic Countermeasures (7)
Victory II-class Star Destroyer (85 + 38: 123)
    + Intel Officer (7)
    + Local Fire Control (4)
    + Disposable Capacitors (3)
    + Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
    + Linked Turbolaser Towers (7)
    + Warlord (8)

The more and more I thought about it yeah the two red off the back of a VSD does make it a threat. Between the side shots and Salvo it does become a threat on the sides. What I get for constantly playing 1 and generally treating it like an ISD when I do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m thinking more and more that my standard go to might be Local Fire Control on my ISDs & VSDs. I’ve always thought Gunnery Teams were a bit overrated, myself. And rather than wait for my opponent to make the mistake of giving me two juicy front-arc targets in one turn, maybe it’s better to generate extra damage over the whole game with Salvo shots.

And the Rebels have some good Salvo ships too... most obviously the MkIIA, which is a ship I haven’t used since... well, since I read the MkIIB card. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EbonHawk said:

 

When you add Linked Turbolaser Towers into the mix you can reroll a red in the salvo pool and really start notching up the damage. I run the Mk1 so you usually get 1 or 2 black hit/crits out of it a game as well. It can spike at max 6 dmg and on average it hits for 2/3dmg each salvo. 

I thought you couldnt modify dice using salvo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...