Sign in to follow this  
Cgriffith

Losing interest: Hyperspace is stale, and I’m uninterested

On 2/13/2020 at 9:08 AM, Micanthropyre said:

This All Day. 

I'm still absolutely baffled at the people who refuse to play a Hyperspace legal squad vs someone playing an Extended legal squad. Unless the Extended player is super sweaty and playing strictly meta lists and soul crushing some janky Hyperspace test build on casual night it shouldn't matter.

Even if the Hyperspace player is "trying to get practice against Hyperspace lists" the opposing squad doesn't matter unless it's a meta list. Now you aren't just demanding your opponent play Hyperspace, you are demanding your opponent play a list from a tiny amount of lists. 

I feel like Mugatu here.

I see this often enough of HS players. They want to play vs HS lists for meta-feel and the perceived notion of fairness. The argument has its sound-ness, but as a nonHS player it can be really frustrating because I want to play THESE ships, not THOSE ships, and I LIKE my options. HS has put a format rift between players in the area. 

2 minutes ago, Flurpy said:

Is anyone else disappointed @Vontoothskie stopped responding? 

Things we're this close to getting proper spicy. 

I mean, when you are that wrong and have every point you made refuted with evidence. I think it is probably a good time to stop digging the hole deeper and just walk away. 

3 minutes ago, Timathius said:

I mean, when you are that wrong and have every point you made refuted with evidence. I think it is probably a good time to stop digging the hole deeper and just walk away. 

For them. Yes. 

For the spectators. No. 

1 hour ago, Flurpy said:

Is anyone else disappointed @Vontoothskie stopped responding? 

Things we're this close to getting proper spicy. 

Ive learned a long time ago that certain people on here dont care about sharing ideas or information ands its not worth the time once they go personal.

Wikipedia says Asmodee is majority owned by a publicly traded company called Eurazo, and googling "Eurazo stock" shows its currently trading at 72.00 usd in several markets.

I dont really care beyond that Im not doing a deep dive to verify it to appease trolls who are clearly happy to waste everyones time.  maybe someone made up a series of fake websites and gamed Google to trick me personally, but I doubt it.  Seems way more likely certain people only googled "FFG stock" then feigned ignorance of parent companies in bad faith because they didnt want to adress my actual point: that mega conglomerates get away with what they can so you need to advocate for yourself

19 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

Ive learned a long time ago that certain people on here dont care about sharing ideas or information ands its not worth the time once they go personal.

Wikipedia says Asmodee is majority owned by a publicly traded company called Eurazo, and googling "Eurazo stock" shows its currently trading at 72.00 usd in several markets.

I dont really care beyond that Im not doing a deep dive to verify it to appease trolls who are clearly happy to waste everyones time.  maybe someone made up a series of fake websites and gamed Google to trick me personally, but I doubt it.  Seems way more likely certain people only googled "FFG stock" then feigned ignorance of parent companies in bad faith because they didnt want to adress my actual point: that mega conglomerates get away with what they can so you need to advocate for yourself

you need to keep reading the whole article.  

Mayfair, which had previously sold rights to Catan to Asmodée in 2016, announced they were closing down in February 2018 and selling their remaining assets to Asmodée.[9] Eurazeo began searching for a potential buyer for Asmodée in early 2018, and announced by July 2018 that it was selling the company to another French private equity firm, PAI Partners at a price of about €1.2 billion.[17]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asmodee

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAI_Partners

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privately_held_company

https://www.paipartners.com/investment/asmodee/

Edited by Timathius

20 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

So, FFG is publicly traded because it was acquired ("merged") by Asmodee, who was bought by a private equity firm, who is in turn owned by an umbrella holding company that is publicly traded, which actually owns a plethora of completely unrelated brands, and further of which even the private equity side is only a sub-portion of the overall company?

First:

giphy.gif

Second... I'm not even sure what the point of that is... is it to boycott (which you could do whether they are private or public anyway)? sell their stock (which doesn't hurt a public company anyway). What's happening? 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, Vontoothskie said:

yes.  many thousands of people stopped playing and some games stores abandonded the product line.

i bought a full 40k army and multiple gw games systems for less than my 1.0 conversion for 2 factions of X-wing.

it varies by what you owned from 1.0, but for many players it was cheaper to start over with Republic or CIS than convert.

If I had a dollar for every time you were wrong and I witnessed it, I'd be able to buy a couple games right now.

I remember my first encounter with you, and how you swore Nebulon-Bs could carry their stupid EU level of starfighters, and how I went through the motions to disprove that in its entirety.

I'm happy to see I'm no longer alone in doing this.

23 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

It is not trolling you when all that is being asked is that you (i) be honest, (ii) read/quote things in their entirety, or (iii) do both. 

Edited by Knitcardigan

On 2/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, Vontoothskie said:

yes.  many thousands of people stopped playing and some games stores abandonded the product line.

i bought a full 40k army and multiple gw games systems for less than my 1.0 conversion for 2 factions of X-wing.

it varies by what you owned from 1.0, but for many players it was cheaper to start over with Republic or CIS than convert.

Ohhhh you're that guy! The one that was trying to tell people that 40k was cheaper than converting without being upfront about the costs of paint or time investments in building and painting! Or really anything else!

Why are we arguing with this person again?

On 2/14/2020 at 1:55 AM, Vontoothskie said:

This just in: buying a handful of new ships is cheaper than converting dozens of existing ships to a new rule system.

In other news: water is wet.

@FFGEvan Polite request to end this thread. It's long past the point of being constructive. It's obviously not illuminating to see any further that a) the vast majority of player experiences in the game do not reflect the OP's mindset and b) others are just going to pile on the guy who died on the 40K Hill of Great Value. It's only going to get more belittling and sarcastic, and that's not who we all really are as x-wing players.