Sign in to follow this  
Hinomura

[GenCon] Annual fundraiser

For the fourth year in a row I'm helping organize a fundraising  initiative to bring someone over to GenCon who wouldn't otherwise be  able to attend, and for the second year in a row, I'm offering to  auction off my services in the main event at GenCon to help raise those  funds.

Here's what I'm offering: I'll play the clan and deck of  your choice in the North American Championship. I'll also try to take  part in as many side events as I can to earn extra prize tickets. The  winning bidder will get all  participation cards and bling from the event (if there's an upgrade to  get anything extra, I'll include that too). If I make Hatamoto for any  clan other than Scorpion, they get the Hatamoto mat (if I play Scorpion,  the mat is already spoken for.). They can also tell me how to spend any  prize tickets I earn. On top of that. I'm offering an exclusive 2020  Dinner for Villains and a Scrubs on Wheels soccer jersey with the number  of your choice on. Finally, I'll cover postage to get everything to the  wining bidder.

Last year's  winner came away with a fantastic haul as I went 6-0 and made Hatamoto.  Realistically, that's not going to happen every time, and the value of  the prize haul will  likely be lower than the winning bid, but the money  really does go to a great cause and help a passionate L5R player enjoy a  wonderful convention.

The auction will run for one full week,  and finish at 10pm Eastern on Sunday February 16th. Bids can be placed  by posting on this thread (which I'll have up in a couple of places) or by PM. The name of the winner will be revealed with their permission  after the auction concludes. Funds need to be with me by the end of May.  I'll update each post daily with the high bid.

I've already had a bid of $200, so that's where we're starting. Raises in $10 increments, please.

Thanks for reading this, and to everyone that takes part ❤️

Bump! High bid is holding steady at $220, with no clan by the bidder.

Bidding will close to 10pm Eastern on Sunday February 16th. I can't see there being a flurry of last minute bids, but just in case, any bids in the last 30 minutes will extend the deadline by 15 minutes.

I'd like to reiterate that everything won will be posted free of charge anywhere in the world. Also, if there is something in particular the winning bidder wants to wear, either advertising something or just an embarrassing outfit, I'm willing to listen to ideas :)

As always, drop me a line if you have any questions.