Asmodee/FFG stink at distribution lately, but that isn't indicative of anything. If all the Star Wars licenses were ending, that would be REALLY big news, especially from whatever other company bought them. 

The only FFG departments that have been confirmed to shut down are the digital who were working on the LotR computer game, and the RPG department.

Edit: Right now tons of companies with production in China are having difficulties. If FFG is giving up the Star Wars license, that has to be a significant portion of their profits... 

Edit2: also, FFG announced in advance about the end of Destiny, I can't imagine they wouldn't do the same for Legion/X-Wing/Armada.

Edited by Caimheul1313

1 hour ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Asmodee/FFG stink at distribution lately, but that isn't indicative of anything. If all the Star Wars licenses were ending, that would be REALLY big news, especially from whatever other company bought them. 

The only FFG departments that have been confirmed to shut down are the digital who were working on the LotR computer game, and the RPG department.

Edit: Right now tons of companies with production in China are having difficulties. If FFG is giving up the Star Wars license, that has to be a significant portion of their profits... 

Edit2: also, FFG announced in advance about the end of Destiny, I can't imagine they wouldn't do the same for Legion/X-Wing/Armada.

The GW finish up makes that edit 2 a false safety net, however i can't see ffg giving up on xwing/legion without some serious behind the scenes  issues with their own financial viability as a whole or the license renewal (which is apparently due) 

Well, it sure isn't getting a lot of headway in my area, what with nothing ever seeming to arrive here, unless it's two boxes of a thing then being out of stock for months...

10 hours ago, Docgimmethenews said:

Scuttlebutt says it's all over...is it true? That they might just release what was announced and then fold like a cheap chair? Anybody know what's up, cause I also hear Armada and XWing is dead too....

Although we haven't seen product yet, Armada has been announced as going into clone wars era

FFG recently announced wave 7 for X-Wing

Legion has product on the horizon in extra corps/tanks for the prequel factions +Cassian and Iden packs and a new release announcement.

By the numbers, all of it has been moving (both Legion and X-Wing and are in the top 5 selling miniatures games and Armada is still doing well).  Unless something weird is happening (maybe liscencing issues, but we would've heard way more about FFG dropping all Star Wars), I don't see FFG dropping these lines.

5 hours ago, Empire On Ice said:

There is a completely unsourced ('I heard it from a guy in the shop, who heard it from his brother, who knows the hairdresser of a staffer at an FFG distributors toilet product supplier') rumour that FFG have lost the SW licence.

So, it’s the equivalent of ‘People say that FFG’s next GCW release is Ewoks’?

(where ‘people’ is the person making the rumor up on the spot). 

I feel like this comes up bi-annually.  It’s absurd on its face.

from everything we’ve seen, this game:

1) sells well, (backed by distributor data)

2) is an FFG cash cow probably despite (or in spite) of the likely extortionate licensing fees charged by Disney,

3) continues to get model/support

4) and even though the company that owns Asmodee is looking to sell, a huge selling point would be “we have the licenses for Star Wars tabletop games and they are some of the best selling games,” would be a heck of a selling point.

so until a dev comes out and says ‘we will discontinue all Star Wars products’, I will continue to take “I heard it from a guy” with a Mount Everest amount of salt.

1 hour ago, Derrault said:

Ewoks?  No, my sources say the next GCW unit will be Uncle Owen as a commander with Aunt Beru counterpart!  With smoldering skeletons alternate model!  The correlating Imperial release will be TK-421 with TK-422 counterpart, and they’ll be good at staying at their post!  All this information comes from “reliable” sources that I just made up!

4 hours ago, Derrault said:

No way. The ewoks were supposed to be  the next Imperial Assault expansion ;)

Edited by Krakus

3 hours ago, lologrelol said:

Who here wishes FFG would fold every other arm of their company, just so they can focus on their star wars minis games?

Not me. I’m not so selfish as to deprive players of other games their product.

I do wish they’d stop making the same mistakes over and over, but that’s another matter.

6 hours ago, joewrightgm said:

I feel like this comes up bi-annually.  It’s absurd on its face.

from everything we’ve seen, this game:

1) sells well, (backed by distributor data)

2) is an FFG cash cow probably despite (or in spite) of the likely extortionate licensing fees charged by Disney,

3) continues to get model/support

4) and even though the company that owns Asmodee is looking to sell, a huge selling point would be “we have the licenses for Star Wars tabletop games and they are some of the best selling games,” would be a heck of a selling point.

so until a dev comes out and says ‘we will discontinue all Star Wars products’, I will continue to take “I heard it from a guy” with a Mount Everest amount of salt.

Point 4 is a double edged sword though, especially since once again it's rumored the license is up for renegotiation. Like you it's mountain of salt time, but I would be backup  planning to buy everything you want in short order otherwise.

As a fan of star wars gaming products the nightmare scenario is loss of the license, because the tabletop gaming license is weird and has been moved before.  At its heart no matter how well this sells, it is a drop in the star wars revenue bucket.

If I remember correctly the rumor is the license is up for renewal, and the renewal is too expensive and may be effectively a non renewal by making it too expensive.

The thing about rumours is it is pretty easy to create a logical argument with very little evidence and/or circumstantial evidence.  I personally am gonna keep buying as these are pretty good models to paint, play, etc.

57 minutes ago, Uetur said:

As a fan of star wars gaming products the nightmare scenario is loss of the license, because the tabletop gaming license is weird and has been moved before.  At its heart no matter how well this sells, it is a drop in the star wars revenue bucket.

If I remember correctly the rumor is the license is up for renewal, and the renewal is too expensive and may be effectively a non renewal by making it too expensive.

The thing about rumours is it is pretty easy to create a logical argument with very little evidence and/or circumstantial evidence.  I personally am gonna keep buying as these are pretty good models to paint, play, etc.

Worst case, I know of at least 3 fan made rulesets that use Star Wars miniatures, and at the worst, they work for model neutral games and RPGs.

1 hour ago, Uetur said:

The issue there is I highly doubt there will be a sell through if that is the case. It will just be one day it's there, then all the stock disappears. 

On top of this, No one gets to pick up legion or xwing in its current form without licensing the rules system off ffg

Edited by Ralgon

I am sorry but as I have not liked the way they have managed the suposed Star wars WARgame, I would feel happy if these news were true. I don't want lots of people to be unhappy, but I simply don't like the way the game has been designed... still waiting for ANY troop choice that don't rely on different weathers and STILL having heroes and heroes and more heroes. So yes, I wanted an Star Wars Bolt Action or Star Wars 40k and it ended up being a Star Wars heroclix with cards... so much cards..  and card combos. No Big rulebook, no realism, just combos with abstract cards given to a hero. So yes, I'd like the license given to another company that finally makes a WARgame for Star Wars... and hoping it is not Wotc. 

Edited by Tubb