Sign in to follow this  
SASUKE13

Drones

In my first game with ultron i encounder  8 drones at the same time...this hapen because i don't fight the drones only the ultron,in my next turn will won but lost with ultron 7 hp remaining(captain marvel-aggression and ultron I-II).i wonder if anyone encoundered more drones at the same time in one game.

Also i want to ask what cards do you think is the best to fight the drones?the only card i think in my first game is Hulk.when attack if you discard energy resourses card you kill all the drones.

There are some good cards out there for dealing with the drones. The ones that spring to mind are Black Panther's Energy Daggers plus his built-in retaliate 1, She-Hulk's Ground Stomp, Hawkeye of course, Iron  Man's bug zappers  (Powered Gauntlets), kind of iffy but could save the day is Warmachine, and Squirrel Girl. So, just from this list I'd say a Leadership Black Panther or Iron Man has the most tools in the tool box to deal with drones...

As a side note I've probably only ever had 4 or 5 out at once, but I try to control this number as much as possible because I tend to like to take advantage of alter-ego powers/hand size depending on who I am using. 

I think you pretty much have to control the Drone numbers, especially in Expert - Level 2 Ultron is going to be hitting for an awful lot if you’re engaged with Multiple Drones, and you can’t even hurt Level 3 Ultron while there are drones out...

4 hours ago, FearLord said:

I think you pretty much have to control the Drone numbers, especially in Expert - Level 2 Ultron is going to be hitting for an awful lot if you’re engaged with Multiple Drones, and you can’t even hurt Level 3 Ultron while there are drones out...

Yeah, it would be untenable to let drones remain on the field for even one extra turn. I’ve had really bad turns where it snowballs into 4 drones from 0, and then you’re getting hit for 10-13, or schemed at for 6-9. 

Captain America eats drones for breakfast. Retaliate from his shield deals with the early drones he's engaged with, and Shield Toss handles them when they're upgraded or if other players need help.

The aggression card Melee is a good option for dealing with them too.

Also worth noting that if/when you move on to expert Ultron, you need to find clear away the drones.  Ultron III can't be damaged if drones are in play. 

Edited by Daverman

I like having Iron Man + Justice against Ultron. Clearing drones effectively and thwarting well. 

On 2/8/2020 at 6:57 PM, usgrandprix said:

Also I’m not sure from your description if you are doing Hulk right. The draw is random so you don’t get to choose the card. He’s sort of a chaotic force. 

While you don't get to choose what card you get for Hulk's effect, you can build your deck to have more of the most desired result for the scenario you're playing. I currently have Hulk in Spider-Man + Aggression, and built to have as many fists as possible, second most in it is energy. It works okay. But you'll still sometimes get a bad draw and end up just discarding Hulk or doing all the Hulk things.

You place the top card of your deck face down to make it a drone.

8 drones will blow you up every time.  That is around 18+ attack  2+8 from Ultron attacking, then another 8 from each drone. And if in alter-ego that is scheme from Ultron + 8 scheme from each of the 8 drones.